Reviews for The Way Things Should Be
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 3/17
This is really cute. I love how aggressively Sam protects the clothes for his beloved brother. Poor John. This is how I see him, too. I think he had to train the boys military style to obey first, ask questions later because he was ex-military and because he wanted them safe more than he wanted them to like him. That doesn't mean he didn't love them or want better for them. But he couldn't get away from Mary's death. Dean would never have loved his Dad so fiercely if he was as cruel (especially to Sammy) as many people see him. Sorry for the monologue, I really liked the story.
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
This manages to be intriguing, heart warming and sad. All at once.
anaadele chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Another instant favorite! Perfect shopping story, a calculated mission that turns out a little fun. Sam and the lady in the red shirt were very amusing; Sam being over protective of his picks for Dean and explaining what he did or did not want to the lady.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
These are nice stories of JOhn and the boys having good times. It was obvious from their love of their father that he was not always an obsessed bastard.
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
As usual, your stories rock!

This one is charming and cute, I like how you got everyone exactly in character

This is what I go on for: To read amazing stories like this!

Good luck with future writing!

-JMAS/Melda the Elf
P.E.E.V.S.Y chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This was hilarious. I loved how the Winchesters approached the shopping trip like it was a hunting trip, and how you weren't supposed to give away your position and everything. That was fantastic. Anyway, great story!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Perfect sequel to On Duty and Interlude. Kinda sad that the boys always have to get their clothes from the Salvation Army place and bittersweet that John recognises that but hasn't got the money to let them go to an actual store and choose new clothes. Love how Sammy enthusiastically called out to John, alerting others to the kids clothes but flung himself over the jeans to stop others rifling through them before they could choose some for Dean. And perfect brotherly teasing, Dean pointing out T-shirts with designs on them which he knew would annoy his little brother. Great ending, John getting the jacket for Dean, even though it wasn't on their list of needed items then taking them for an interesting day out.

Love how you write them during their early lives, totally believable and in character.
Jane of Volterra chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
This was excellent, it was happy, but sad at the same time :)

I really like reading your fics about their childhood, it's so sad how they almost completely lost it all together :( You give such great insight to your stories, like you actually know the Winchesters!
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Sweet fic. Love it.
HAMUCHA chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Okay, I see something off in here.

John seems nice in every three 3 shots you have, like he's actually a nice person in this fics. But Dean always was surprised to received the kindness, like he wasn't expecting it, like he's not used to it, like John is rarely this nice if not ever.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Heartwarming, real and so sweet. It made my heart swoop into happy places. Love, Robin
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
What a sweet story, the boys and John spending time shopping. Almost normal and although painful for John, it is so exciting for the boys, that it really doesn't matter. Means a lot for kids to spend time with there parent and feel valued. Hugs, Vonnie
Von chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
SO SWET!

*glomps the fic* I love it!
PipkinTwo chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
Lol, wow... sounds like a footy match.. all shoving and pushing... lol, just like sales time! A really good story about getting the "bare necessities" of life! Great stuff!
elderwitty chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Igneus, sedimentary, sandstone, granite, pumice, talc and feldspar - you are just all kinds of ROCK!

Love, love, love this. Want to wrap myself up it in and stay cozy warm all winter. Best part was Dean laughing so hard he couldn't stand up. He needs more of those moments. The links to the t-shirt pix on your live journal are genius.

I also love that you don't make John an evil or mean parent. I had a bad dad, and that's not John. He doesn't always make conventional choices, but he's doing what he truly believes is necessary to keep his boys safe.