Reviews for Resisting Temptation
Alex Prosper chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
OMG, (fangirlish squeal) you wrote for Lloyd Alexander! OH, but just one fic...still amazing. Profound and insightful. I never really thought of Gwydion resisting temptation here; I did think he and Achren shared a past but that he was more angry and remorseful than anything else. But the warnings he shouts to Taran and Achrens emotional anger being influenced but their sexual past does makes things clear and the way you wrote just blew my mind away.

Again, like with Dionysus and Pentheus, you write sexuality so tastefully and poetically. I really am fast falling in love with your work.

I wish that you'd write a little more for Lloyd Alexander. But you have so many other wonderful stories; a treasure vault.
Soledad chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
The Wild Iris recommended this story to me, and I'm truly glad she did. This is excellent drama, and your Gwydion voice is very convincing. I'll put this to my fic recommendation site, if you don't mind.
Caroline chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
I knew there was some back story with Gwiydion and Achren...good to know its not just my imagination!
Wild Iris chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Oh, glad I saw this! I find the relationship between Gwydion and Achren fascinating - so little explained, yet so much subtext - and this is an insightful and believable character piece that really captures the sexual charge in their interactions and the lasting emotional connection between them. (And wasn't her breaking his sword just oh-so-Freudian?)

I spotted a couple of tiny mistakes: "She lets the broken pieces clatter to the flower" (should be "floor", obviously), and "He thinks of her hand tangled in her hair, pulling his head back" (should it be "tangled in *his* hair"?).

But, yes, compelling Gwydion voice. Good choice of detail. And sexy.