Reviews for Real Things
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
This is an amazing story. There are lots of good details, and it's a good look into the way things work in the Organization. It moves at a nice, slow pace that allows the reader to feel and understand the location. For instance the bit about the infirmary and the medicine was interesting to read, especially how Demyx didn't understand the dangers of someone taking the wrong thing. It was kind of funny when Xigbar warned him not to go and break himself since they didn't have a real doctor on site.

You did a great job with writing both Luxord and Xaldin (as I find them to be the two hardest of the Organization members to write). It's nice that Luxord is at least trying to make Xaldin feel better, even though it seems he's teasing both Xaldin and Demyx there for a moment. His cheerful personality is fun to read. When Demyx is alone with Xaldin, the latter does come across as intimidating, even if he is currently in a vulnerable state.

Their conversation is interesting. You did good with making Demyx sound timid at first, as I imagine he would be. It is believable that he would wait until a time when Xaldin isn't able to do anything to try and ask him about the past. It was nice that he offered him a compliment, even though Xaldin found it to be the opposite (again you did a great job with writing his personality). Each character sounds in character by the wording and tone during the moments of dialogue. The description of movement in between dialogue is nicely done.

Nice work with this story.
Sora Tayuya chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
I like how the story did not accomplish much. It has a particular air to it that says volumes about interupting an incerpt from a normal day that most stories typically lack. I like this. It is unusual, and beautiful in its own, strange way.

I also like Roxas' strange affinity for pure-Light-based medicines. Rather unique, but understandable.

Mostly I appreciate how in-character you keep all of the characters. Particulary Demyx, and Xaldin today.
bellmare chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Brilliant characterisation, as always; I found Demyx's character to be utterly endearing, and Xaldin to be curiously compelling, despite his prickly personality. Luxord was highly entertaining and believable, still retaining his rakish, debonair ways even in the midst of poking fun at incapacitated people.

I found most entertaining the notion that Xaldin didn't quite like being compared to a dancer; it seems just so very much like him, to disdain something like that. Coupled with an particular line of his in 358/2 Days - "Why, Roxas, it's a ballroom, and quite a lovely one at that." - brings forth a lot of questions in my head.

Once again, great writing; I hope to see more from you! It's always a great pleasure to read your works.

- Radieux.
j.sakurachan1 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
demyx tries so hard...its cute...makes me want to hug him...incapacitated Xaldin...hehehehe...
The Chaotic Ones chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Oh! Cute! _
lily23 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Demyx! :3. This is good.
Damocles and Everto chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Beautiful characterisation: you captured them both fantastically, although I think Xaldin was done a little better than Demyx.

Wonderful work!
MiYaViFrEaK chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Umm...I was wondering something. The part you wrote that said "singing red monkeys that get really creepy when they start taking parts of their own bodies off and tossing them around", were you making a reference to the movie Labyrinth? It kinda reminded me of the Fire Gang from that movie. Great story by the way. I really liked it. You can email me at if you want. I'd appreciate a reply, but it's not necessary.
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Is it strange that this made me happy and sad in turns? I just loved the whole thing. I think I prefer the way you write Demyx over any other. You give him this amazing sense of intuition and realness and spirituality that makes him seem innocent and practical at the same time. I particularly love the way he starts to assimilate with the other Orginization members. He's very awkward and uncertain around them at first; no one pays him any attention. I like the description of his past and how he seemed very in touch with the natural world, and especially his insight on the inhabitants of different worlds.

I liked the little details like Zexion's shelf having a lot of bottles (probably lined up in a neat spotless row) and Axel's having dried peppers. I liked Lexaeus's intelligence and somewhat fatherly interaction with Demyx, and the way Xigbar tells Demyx that they're merely imitations. Your Luxord is fantastic: he's got a playful side, as opposed to just being a card player.

The end with Demyx and Xaldin was the best. Demyx's questions, and Xaldin's musing replies. The last comment was the most heart-wrenching.

All in all, it was a great read. I loved how it portrayed the everyday life of the Organization, which is so obscure and mysterious to us. I laughed a few times, and ended feeling sort of sad, because Demyx will never belong in that kind of place.

The tone seems different than some of your other fics, but it suits Demyx very well. Excellent.
Denkoumaru chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Ahh love it! I love a Smart Demyx xD. Loved the interaction xD.
DimensionDoor chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
You write a marvellously skitty Demyx. It's fantastic.
ShadowCoeur chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Aw, Demyx. A simple comment and Xaldin decides to bring in the present reality of it into focus. You make a good observation on how there may be a difference in healing practices for the worlds of light and darkness -and, of course, the nobodies. I never would have noticed that.

Haha, also with how you have Demyx's description on Roxas' exception to the organization: "A hot popsicle or a nice Saix." XD Loved that.
greengirlblue chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
I am amazed at how wonderfully you portray your characters, able to create such strong personalities and establish relationships with a few choice actions and words.

In this particular story, I enjoyed the references to the Members visiting other worlds - I'm pretty sure you alluded to existing movies or games or something rather than make the worlds up entirely in your head.

Favorite lines:

"City That Isn't One And Has Really Weird Capitalization" - heck yes!

"Part of the problem with a million worlds is that everything's the same. Only - not really." - such a great introduction to the story