Reviews for Friends Forever
Kount Xero chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Heheeey, wasn't this sweet.

The Plus Column: Characterizations. By CHAOS, characterizations. Spot-on, dead-on, something-or-other-on, but it's on. Monique's playfulness, Ron's actual seriousness (as he is dead serious about the things he's into), Kim's "but, the food chain and... but... this and that" self-imposed indecisions... cool.

Second: the way it progresses from a night out to a rejection to a desperate need for damage control to Ron taking a sojourn and Kim being left with the "if I had done this" type of doubts... delicious drama.

The way it uses the double-narrative (the past and the present in reference to one another) is also delicious - it hits us in the face with the Shaolin'd-out, rougher-around-the-edges Ron (which, as Monique notes, carries "a hottie diff"), his strained relationship with Kim, and how they got there. A-gain. Cool.

So, final verdict? Cool.
JP1124 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Great 1 shot
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
beautiful and perfectly done
Daki92 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Gah, must they always end up together
Yamal chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Awwww... What a beautiful story. I loved it. Nice work!
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Josh I swear I've read this about ten times. Don't know why I didn't review it. Must have been brain dead.

Excellent work with the dialogue.

Good job and well done.

There I've undeadened my brain..

Larry (Sentinel 103)
WannaBeStarter chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I wonder why this story doesn'have that many reviews.

I could honestly say that this is the stuff of magic.

Your amazing/stupendous/badical creative writing of this story makes me feel and experience the emotions set upon the characters. Gripping storyline...intensely good!

Man I could only hope for more.
bthecatslayer chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Best fluff ever. I love it.
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Aw, wow that was so sweet! I loved it; great job! (:

Angelica
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Great story. A K/R shipper's dream. Tight narrative, smooth language, good pacing. A little over-angsty given the sudden and easy resolution (after being so hurt and then brooding for three months over the summer, and having gotten to the point where he didn't want even to go back to Middleton, Ron lets Kim back in so easily? I'm a little skeptical) (but then again, I could be accused of exactly the same thing in a couple of my stories) but really a lovely little tale with a nice ending. And I read it thanks to the fannies! So that's good.
feedtheworld07 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
This is like my 10th time reading it and my first time reviewing it. I love this story. you are an awesome writer and definately write more.
GovernorDerek chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
I loved it! :)
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
As is my habit, I follow the links from a fan-writer who gives me a fave review and see what they wrote-or if they didn't write anything, what else they fave. That's how I found this little story.

I like one-shots. Readable in one sitting. Not a big investment in time or effort.

This little jewel of a story caught my fancy. First off, none of the usual grammatical or spelling errors came to my attention that seem to pop up like. I even ran it through a word processing program. The usual "kinda" 's, which are proper for colloquial use. The sentence fragments-like this. I do the same thing in my writing. I think it makes for pithy and emphatic writing. Maybe an editor or teacher would disagree.

For that alone I am impressed. So I will not have to put my tongue in my cheek when I give you my opinion. A lot of writing I think shows potential is flawed by little spelling errors. Even the beta-read stuff. Lots of silly hyperbole. People need to learn how to use adjetives. There's even a recurring phrase I see with many authors: Ron's "chocolate-colored eyes". It drives me up the wall. Do I sound like a snob? Probably.

The emotional reactions ring true. Ron's gut level disillusionment and antagonism. Kim's gut level fear, hesitancy, and belated regret. The painful cartharsis they go through to resolve their differences.

I have only one objection. During Kim and Ron's weeks-long period of mutual silence, it seemed that she would have called on him to help with a sitch-or a mission. But that could be attributed to her fear of a confrontation, and his prolonged absence from the country (over at Yamanuchi.)

I liked it.
BrianLeeB chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Kim and Ron are SO lucky to have Monique for a friend - she totally ROCKS!
JazminGro chapter 1 . 9/15/2007