Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
psycho1212 chapter 25 . 6/23/2009
i agree with your a/n on top, every story on here develops the characters their own way. they are not the same as jkr's they can't be. even if they have the same characteristics. they are her creation. everyone has their own ideas of them, but they are not the same. "your" ginny is different from hers.

personally i love your story. i always prefer something outside the norm. why would i read something exactly like what i read in the books? that defeats the purpose of going on this site (at least i think so)

keep up the good work, and fuck everyone who has a problem with your story. if i don't like what i'm reading, i don't read it
potter06 chapter 30 . 6/23/2009
i really love this story its different and i like that. if im not mistaken you decribed the (sorry its spelled wrong) Rape of Najing. very sick times there. i loved the prank though. harry has definately been had.
KissOfTheGrimm chapter 30 . 6/16/2009
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Although the chapters are a tad long, i made it through. _ Please, keep writing, i look forward to the next update.
Bedrup chapter 30 . 6/15/2009
good stuff
nikkila chapter 26 . 6/12/2009
I love you.

And i just took great pleasure in reading the rather... thorough Authors Note at the end of this chapter.

You cannot even begin to imagine just how much I enjoyed that authors note, and I'd just like to say I am currently offering you a rather explosive round of applause. That was fantastic.

And, in all honesty, they had it coming!
psycho1212 chapter 19 . 6/10/2009
in all honestey, it was actually the allied powers that started the first world war. the Russians (before the bolshevek revolution, that is the second attempt) backed the balkans who assassinated the archduke of Austria. Historically Germany and Austria-Hungary were apart of the same culture. In Fact Adolf Hitler was Austrian. If you compare the Alliance of Austria and Germany it was a result of the attack on their ally. it is, in fact, comparable to 9/11 in a sense. we were "struck" by terrorists, forcing our hand at an invasion of Afghanistan.

in reality, WWII was destined to happen do to the Treaty of Versailles. with the intense reparations enacted by France and England, it was going to happen. you cannot tax a nation of millions of dollars, only for a great depression to happen. they gave Germany the setting to allow a charismatic (albeit insane piece of shit) to come to power.

many historians believe (and i agree) that if they were to inlclude even three of Wilson's Fourteen Points, WWII could have been completely avoided.

and i am quite sure i have just pissed off a ton of people. but that is infact the reality of history. i am a history major, history is my passion (as well as war, it is fascinating). i have always been interested in seeking out the reasons why our world is such a shit hole now. (in referance to all the bullshit flying around (ie, darfur, rwanda, ignorant neo-nazi's, etc etc.)
Wolfric chapter 30 . 6/9/2009
Great chapter. I always look forward to your efforts. I'm sure Harry's response will be amusing. Somehow, Hermione breaking into his trunk seems a bit out of character for her. I liked Harry and Ginny's "date". Hopefully they enjoyed it enough to do it again. Thanks for writing. W.
psycho1212 chapter 6 . 6/8/2009
sun tzu's the art of war, is one of my favorite compilations. i've read it twice. and i agree, there are many timeless statements, that shall always be applicable in war. in fact a lot of it makes me laugh in comparison to some of georgie bush's mistakes. such as: "it is better to take a state intact than to destroy it, to do so is the height of foolishness" (may not be worded the same way in its original format)

good work, i like it
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 30 . 6/8/2009
NTS: This fic remains too much effort for very little reward. Coy, abstruse, and pleonastic to the extreme.
Clayva chapter 30 . 6/8/2009
You have constructed an extremely complex story here and it is fun to watch all the plots, counter plots, and separate involvements come together. This chapter in particular is most intriguing because of the way all the threads are starting to come together. I absolutely can not wait for your next posting to see how some of this works out. Carol Layland
Innortal chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
A wonderful addition to the series.
GoterdamRung chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
Not only the comfort women and those in Unit 731 in China during WWII but Native American women here in the Unites States as well. Vividly reminded me of scenes out of the book "That Dark and Bloody River". I look forward to reading more of your work.
witowsmp chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
Good chapter.

I think Harry falling victim to that prank will actually humanize him to the sheep, especially when he doesn't kill everyone involved.

I look forward to the next chapter.
Hahukum Konn chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
I like this further exposure of the Malfoys' motives and why Ginny acts so strangely around Draco.

Also points towards a more balanced and less bull-in-a-china-shop Harry Potter, thanks to his continuing lowering of his guard around Ginny. :)
Jimbocous chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Whew. If this opening chapter is an omen of things to come, I'm fastening my seatbelt and grabbing my armrests right now, as it looks like there's a wild ride to come. What a great opener! Thanks!
639 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »