Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
Clayva chapter 30 . 6/8/2009
You have constructed an extremely complex story here and it is fun to watch all the plots, counter plots, and separate involvements come together. This chapter in particular is most intriguing because of the way all the threads are starting to come together. I absolutely can not wait for your next posting to see how some of this works out. Carol Layland
Innortal chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
A wonderful addition to the series.
GoterdamRung chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
Not only the comfort women and those in Unit 731 in China during WWII but Native American women here in the Unites States as well. Vividly reminded me of scenes out of the book "That Dark and Bloody River". I look forward to reading more of your work.
witowsmp chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
Good chapter.

I think Harry falling victim to that prank will actually humanize him to the sheep, especially when he doesn't kill everyone involved.

I look forward to the next chapter.
Hahukum Konn chapter 30 . 6/7/2009
I like this further exposure of the Malfoys' motives and why Ginny acts so strangely around Draco.

Also points towards a more balanced and less bull-in-a-china-shop Harry Potter, thanks to his continuing lowering of his guard around Ginny. :)
Jimbocous chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Whew. If this opening chapter is an omen of things to come, I'm fastening my seatbelt and grabbing my armrests right now, as it looks like there's a wild ride to come. What a great opener! Thanks!
The Argentum chapter 29 . 6/2/2009
Excellent, very enjoyable; also confronting in a way, although maybe because I'm presently reading rather than doing exam revision every comment about how you won't get what you don't work for; is more poignant.

Amazingly this has been the first time a fanfic has increased my vocabulary.

A few things your beta's have missed in various chapters, although they do not detract from the story at all.
Marcus Malfoy chapter 28 . 6/1/2009
Wow, this is one of the most well thought out and well written fics I have seen. I also get the opportunity to learn new words.

Looking forward to the continuation of the story but I do have one question... What deterrent does an unbreakable vow have to one who can not die? In other words, if Voldie does his final ritual and becomes "truly" immortal, what keeps him from breaking the unbreakable?

Still - I hope you keep up the fascinating read and I am looking for other fics you may have written.

Dave Dodson
Gohan8K chapter 27 . 5/29/2009
I love your portrayal of the characters. Your development of Harry as a teenager who has more knowledge and experiences then his peers but still lacks the wisdom to transition into adulthood is brilliant. Your philosophy on the structure and method of advancement of the war mage ranking is ingenious and I believe I have figured out what Harry lacks to advance further. Your portrayal of Harry as a child who can only see in extremes is entertaining but does tend to cause him to become annoying.

The development of the sorting hat and the mentors is by far the best I have seen in fan fiction. Having them speak in riddles is amusing and seems appropriate for what they are preparing Harry to deal with as a war mage.

The development of Dumbledore is fantastic. Most fan fictions create him out to be as a being of pure good, a being of pure evil, or so far in the back story that he almost does not exist. This is probably the first time I have seen someone make him human.
noylj chapter 26 . 5/26/2009
I can tell you why I grew to dislike canon!Ginny-strictly two dimensional and was a totally insignificant character. Also, I hate Molly (oh, all my children are prefects and bossiness and brassiness and inconsideration and irrationality and other neuroses to mention. Seeing that in a girl's mother along with any anger issues in the girl herself would make me run. Even your Ginny is not endearing yet and your portrayal of Molly is at least as scary. I really like your story and don't suggest any changes. I do wish that mentors and meddling bastards could speak plainly and accept their own faults.
noylj chapter 14 . 5/24/2009
You do know that Japanese swords are not the begining and end all of edged weapons and are rather over-worshipped in the west?
noylj chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I still do not know why, incanon or in fanfics, Harry never shows his memories of potions class to the goat tucker or a mentor or an aurur or the school governors. In this story, there should be lots of memories piling up and Harry should be able to remain calm. Even with Bitch, he should be amassing lots of good data.
noylj chapter 9 . 5/23/2009
Dubya, as you so scornfully said, had Teddy handle that legislation as another misbegotten sop to the Dems. Like all things liberal it was a waste of money and a bureaucratic nightmare. Look at where BO is taking us. Fed comtrol of financial institutions, due to looser lemding required by Dems and supported by dannie may and freddoe mac, and comtrol of autos. Enjoy the New World Order.
noylj chapter 6 . 5/23/2009
Bumbles is such a horrid person. I don't see much benfit in a man who thinks what has done, and will continue to do with hate in his heart to the innocent, is comparable to a little prank.

I could not and would be able to deal with such an amoral self-righteous passive-aggressive lying bastard. Hogwarts is totally fucked with him in charge.

I hope the international is logging as of his crimes.
tammu chapter 27 . 5/23/2009
this is a very good story...one of the better ones i have read so far (and i have read many)

i just have few issues ...like why is no one bothered that they are not getting a decent defence education and have no problem with obviously incompetent teacher with her so called ministry approved methods. You have said maiy times that this story is AU and characters have diff backgrounds than in the canon. Still You have potrayed hermione with a great zeal for knowledge .. Is she satisfied with less than standard defence education and has no problems with it? ... No one seems to take up this issue other than harry ...whu is just mocks the professor in her first class on the stupidityof it all but still no one takes a cue...

Also the ratio is No of siginificant events in the story to the the amt of time passed is a bit large...u may want to consider that ,but still its your story so u r the boss...

Anyways it is a good read especially some of the philosophical aspects u seem to incorporate.

Cheers.