Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
ONly one issue IMO couldnt you have mentioned said birthday changes BEFORE chapter started?

other than that... nice explosive intro... really lovely...

sitting here enjoying it far too much... english usually borrows the german term, but my language (as being DIRECTLY north of germany with a land border even) also has the term.
LoveEvangeline chapter 30 . 6/1/2014
I checked your bio, since while I like this story quite a bit, I knew it was incomplete and I don't like to waste my time and energies on incomplete stories that won't be completed. It has been nine months since your estimated return to publishing, and while I understand delays, I hope you do still have the meaningful intentions to return to writing. But a nine month delay is trite when compared to the years since the last update. I do have a few comments on this fic, namely: where the hell is the invisibility cloak? The cloak is kind of a Harry potter signature, though from your extensive, and in some cases ridiculous AN's I know this is not canon based. The message was quite clear. But if it's not in Harry's possession, where is it? Is it a plot device for later? Or has it simply been forgotten about or not included in this universe?
Onto other notes, it might not takes you years to return to this story if you sped things up a bit. We went through the majority of the chapters posted covering just a few days in Harry's timeline. I know it takes some time to lay a foundation for a story, but this is far beyond that. How on earth on you going to see this story through to completion at this rate? There are ways to communicate the same information that are far less lengthy and delayed. Perhaps your ability to convey information in writing has improved in your lengthy absence.
Additionally, I would suggest being more clear on Harry's routine. You don't mention him going to classes, eating meals, grooming, training, or doing homework unless it conincides with a plot device. This leaves our main character in a constant state of action without any visible 'rest' or normality. Very little of this story is normal, especially where we are at currently, but eventually Harry has to settle into a routine at Hogwarts or be expelled, and I'm heavily assuming he's staying.
I would also like the flashbacks to be more clear, unless you want your audience intentionally disoriented or even confused, and bit more explanation when it comes to the date and times of each flashback would be incredibly helpful; and I think it would do the story a favor if the exerted texts at the beginning of chapters were moved to a story of their own as a companion, which you can suggest we read at the chapters we'll need it.
I hope you return to this story soon, and are able to see it through, as it deserves.
Jazzy-Booey chapter 5 . 4/17/2014
WOAH. Harry is so different. Me likee! :D
Guest chapter 30 . 4/13/2014
Just finished what you got I must say you have a real talent for creating good banter and interesting twists. I haven't been bored yet. Hope you find time to finish but even if you don't thanks for the fun ride.
Guest chapter 30 . 4/5/2014
It's too bad that you haven't been able to meet your own September 2013 deadline to begin posting again, because I would've loved to read more of this old classic. I hope everything is well with you and your family.
oregonbird chapter 25 . 3/31/2014
I enjoyed your A/N rant just as much as I am enjoying your story. :) Bitches rule!

p.s.: I don't like Ginny either. Why? Because an epic quest should not end up: "Then he married his mother and lived the life his father would have lived, and nothing changed in the witzy society ever, ever, ever, ever, ever." Keep Ginny, and you get the epilogue.
So thank you for going AU. Also for being a hard-ass writer freak.
Gryffindor4Life chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Very well written
Flutterbytink chapter 30 . 11/9/2013
Where's part 2?
momentoftruth chapter 29 . 10/1/2013
I find that Harry is not on the ball here visa vi the Headmaster in this chapter, he fails to challenge two or more statement D-man drops that are erroneous per Harry's observations and Sirius' note. The first is:"The headmaster sighed briefly. "Harry, it was never my intention to cut you off from everyone. I cannot speak for Cyril, of course." And the second is:"I will not prohibit open communications from child to family, ever. I apply these rules to you, as well." IMHO, Harry should have casually responded to either of these salvos with an observation that Cyril indicated that he and D conferred and they were united in determining that Harry should not have access to anyone meaningful to speak to in this time of stress, especially his family. This, to draw out a response, after all D would not know what Cyril may have told Harry yet and Harry would have the information in the response by the time D did.
momentoftruth chapter 25 . 9/29/2013
I don't hate Ginny. She can be a spunky, funny, intelligent girl. I dislike Ginny as a relationship pairing for Harry because she is a fan girl in cannon; even when he is breaking up with her at Dumbledore's funeral she is still more fan than friend. Her last words in that exchange underline that fact. He deserves more for all his effort and suffering than to be paired with someone who can't see him as a person and love him for himself, including all his faults. Maybe after all the Voldemort-is-dead stuff becomes old hat she might be able to be a friend without having too much of that in the background like static on the radio and maybe not.

In addition, I also dislike Ginny as a paring for all decent, loving male characters for the same reasons I have trouble with both Ron and Molly in the people close to Harry setting-the inherent personality characteristics of an extremely bad temper and undue glee in the suffering of others. Ron appears to stand alone in the family with his unending and un-maturing jealousy.

I am weary of the stereotype that Ginny can somehow "understand" Harry better than anyone because of her experience with the diary. That is like saying that someone who had been mildly bullied at school has the same experience as someone who is kidnapped, beaten unmercifully and raped.

Ginny says, during her first year at school, there were episodes she didn't understand and didn't remember much of what occurred but just would come back to herself with feathers all around and blood and stuff. She was unsure of what occurred and frightened by it, but not enough to tell anyone. Harry's entire life is perverted from its' normal course and the fabric of his incipient personality is sacrificed in what has happened to his parents and where is then housed before Hogwarts. Just because the perpetrator is the same person does not make the experiences in any way comparable and should not be used as justification of the bond. If that was true, Neville would be Harry's brother in all but blood and Luna ( a fellow suffer of early parent loss and self induced guilt) would be his best friend.

Last, but not the least, I dislike Ginny for Harry because she is loose. I am not saying that she is the school broom, but she is unabashedly sexual with other boys besides Harry. Harry's personality is such that that type of precocious sexuality and openness is unlikely to be reciprocated and may even be later a source of friction in any long-term relationship with someone as damaged and repressed as Harry inevitably is in cannon. Even though I freely admit cannon Harry is not as damaged as typical fandom Harry.

I am not creeped out by her supposed look-alike status with Harry's mother as Ginny is always described as pretty in a sporty, brown-eyed, freckled way and Lily is always described as beautiful with mesmerizing eyes. Add in a slight difference of depth of hair color- makes it hardly the same at all, really.

If I were to pair Harry with a cannon character, I would look for someone as smart and powerful as Ginny or Hermione but with a softer and more balanced demeanor than either display; someone who could weather Harry's inevitable ups and downs without it being considered a major drama or the end of the world. Granted, there are many peripheral girls that probably fit that description as you don't see the fear of temper that everyone has for Ginny and Molly reflected by any other character.

I don't mind having Harry and Ginny as comrades but he deserves more than Ginny's cannon character can deliver without the unrealistic 19 year gap that somehow overcomes all their mis-compatibly problems. I hope that is articulate enough for your specifications.
AAklid chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
I'm sorry, you've probably heard this before, but it's impossible for the birthdays you listed to be accurate. For them to work, Molly would have had to already be pregnant with Ginny when she gave birth to Ron. This is, of course, impossible, unless Molly isn't both their Mother.
Darkened01 chapter 30 . 8/6/2013
Update in September? That's great. I'm sorry to hear about all the bad things that happened to you though. : (
snowy2989 chapter 24 . 7/22/2013
Hehehe...JKR canon police...I like that name...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I really liked this story until I saw Harry/Ginny pairing, as I hate the little bitch I stopped reading. I guess it's really my fault for not reading the description properly.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/18/2013
Yeah, Baka was the name given to the Japanese suicide fighter at the end of the war. It was not the name the Japanese chose...no, it was chosen by the USAAF.
614 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »