Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
momentoftruth chapter 29 . 10/1/2013
I find that Harry is not on the ball here visa vi the Headmaster in this chapter, he fails to challenge two or more statement D-man drops that are erroneous per Harry's observations and Sirius' note. The first is:"The headmaster sighed briefly. "Harry, it was never my intention to cut you off from everyone. I cannot speak for Cyril, of course." And the second is:"I will not prohibit open communications from child to family, ever. I apply these rules to you, as well." IMHO, Harry should have casually responded to either of these salvos with an observation that Cyril indicated that he and D conferred and they were united in determining that Harry should not have access to anyone meaningful to speak to in this time of stress, especially his family. This, to draw out a response, after all D would not know what Cyril may have told Harry yet and Harry would have the information in the response by the time D did.
momentoftruth chapter 25 . 9/29/2013
I don't hate Ginny. She can be a spunky, funny, intelligent girl. I dislike Ginny as a relationship pairing for Harry because she is a fan girl in cannon; even when he is breaking up with her at Dumbledore's funeral she is still more fan than friend. Her last words in that exchange underline that fact. He deserves more for all his effort and suffering than to be paired with someone who can't see him as a person and love him for himself, including all his faults. Maybe after all the Voldemort-is-dead stuff becomes old hat she might be able to be a friend without having too much of that in the background like static on the radio and maybe not.

In addition, I also dislike Ginny as a paring for all decent, loving male characters for the same reasons I have trouble with both Ron and Molly in the people close to Harry setting-the inherent personality characteristics of an extremely bad temper and undue glee in the suffering of others. Ron appears to stand alone in the family with his unending and un-maturing jealousy.

I am weary of the stereotype that Ginny can somehow "understand" Harry better than anyone because of her experience with the diary. That is like saying that someone who had been mildly bullied at school has the same experience as someone who is kidnapped, beaten unmercifully and raped.

Ginny says, during her first year at school, there were episodes she didn't understand and didn't remember much of what occurred but just would come back to herself with feathers all around and blood and stuff. She was unsure of what occurred and frightened by it, but not enough to tell anyone. Harry's entire life is perverted from its' normal course and the fabric of his incipient personality is sacrificed in what has happened to his parents and where is then housed before Hogwarts. Just because the perpetrator is the same person does not make the experiences in any way comparable and should not be used as justification of the bond. If that was true, Neville would be Harry's brother in all but blood and Luna ( a fellow suffer of early parent loss and self induced guilt) would be his best friend.

Last, but not the least, I dislike Ginny for Harry because she is loose. I am not saying that she is the school broom, but she is unabashedly sexual with other boys besides Harry. Harry's personality is such that that type of precocious sexuality and openness is unlikely to be reciprocated and may even be later a source of friction in any long-term relationship with someone as damaged and repressed as Harry inevitably is in cannon. Even though I freely admit cannon Harry is not as damaged as typical fandom Harry.

I am not creeped out by her supposed look-alike status with Harry's mother as Ginny is always described as pretty in a sporty, brown-eyed, freckled way and Lily is always described as beautiful with mesmerizing eyes. Add in a slight difference of depth of hair color- makes it hardly the same at all, really.

If I were to pair Harry with a cannon character, I would look for someone as smart and powerful as Ginny or Hermione but with a softer and more balanced demeanor than either display; someone who could weather Harry's inevitable ups and downs without it being considered a major drama or the end of the world. Granted, there are many peripheral girls that probably fit that description as you don't see the fear of temper that everyone has for Ginny and Molly reflected by any other character.

I don't mind having Harry and Ginny as comrades but he deserves more than Ginny's cannon character can deliver without the unrealistic 19 year gap that somehow overcomes all their mis-compatibly problems. I hope that is articulate enough for your specifications.
AAklid chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
I'm sorry, you've probably heard this before, but it's impossible for the birthdays you listed to be accurate. For them to work, Molly would have had to already be pregnant with Ginny when she gave birth to Ron. This is, of course, impossible, unless Molly isn't both their Mother.
Darkened01 chapter 30 . 8/6/2013
Update in September? That's great. I'm sorry to hear about all the bad things that happened to you though. : (
snowy2989 chapter 24 . 7/22/2013
Hehehe...JKR canon police...I like that name...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I really liked this story until I saw Harry/Ginny pairing, as I hate the little bitch I stopped reading. I guess it's really my fault for not reading the description properly.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/18/2013
Yeah, Baka was the name given to the Japanese suicide fighter at the end of the war. It was not the name the Japanese chose...no, it was chosen by the USAAF.
Silver Dragon Master chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Bravo... Bravo... Bravisimo (No idea how to spell the last word)
lilyginnyrose chapter 30 . 5/3/2013
following my last review, I would like to remind you of your promise not to abandon this story, unless anything grave happens. In that case you promised to post the main plot, which I can't see here.

I would like to think of you as someone who keeps his promises, which would mean you're dead right now.
unfortunately, I have seen too many abandoned stories, so I am afraid you just lost interest. I ask for the main plot to fulfill my desire to uncover some of the mysteries of the story, I hope you are able to comply to my request.

greetings,
lilyginnyrose chapter 28 . 5/3/2013
In reply to the last paragraph of your author's note in chapter 28:

I agree with you on the stance that people should be glad to learn something, although I think you have stepped on quite a few toes by discarding television as mindless visual conditioning.
The amount of mindlessness is related to the kind of programmes that are being watched, similar to the fact that not all books are mind-enhancing.

I don't remember what exactly I was trying to say here, I guess it is something along the lines of a warning not to generalise too much. This is a rather bold statement, and I hope I'm not offending you.

I hope that this review is up to your standards in politeness and use of English. I know from earlier author's notes that those are very high. If I have failed to meet them, please let me know how to improve. I would be honored to consider those suggestions, because I can see from your writing that you hold the standards high for yourself as well and that you're relatively fair about things.

greetings,
Slytherin chapter 30 . 4/15/2013
Uh i kinda found it boring near the middle of the story till the end. Sorry just stating the truth, still it doesnt mean u dont have the talent...u do!
FreelanceBum chapter 22 . 3/22/2013
I still can't tell if I like this story or not. There are parts I really enjoy, and part I dislike quite thoroughly. It is rather confusing.
FreelanceBum chapter 15 . 3/22/2013
Aww, poor Dumbledore. He is stupid when it comes to human interaction, but every time he is doomed to death like this it is sad.
FreelanceBum chapter 12 . 3/22/2013
Nice-nice is also typically said patronizingly to a younger person. Surprise there isn't such a term in British English.
FreelanceBum chapter 11 . 3/21/2013
That is an awesome version of goblins. I whole heartily agree with it.
621 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »