Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
LionofPerth chapter 18 . 4/12/2007
Great story, just wish I had more time to read it.
bill560682 chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
i love the fact that you got crabbe goyle malfoy and snape all gone an as much as i do not like the idea i know dumbledore will try to talk harry into letting snape stay an i hope he fails even thou most authors do let snape stay i think he belongs in jail.
Kaaera chapter 3 . 4/11/2007
Continuing to read, since there's more chapters yet... just had to mention "Harry had a copy of the latest David Weber paperback, Oath of Swords.". Yay, David Weber! :D Have you read his Honor Harrington series? That and the Oath of Swords group are some of my favorite ones. I'm thrilled to see someone other then my sister has actually read them.

Moving on now; I'll review again at the end, lol.
hedwigpersonified chapter 5 . 3/17/2007
such a good well written why only 40 reviews?

What? Are the readers so much lazy to hit the review button.

What readers?

And to you moshpitstories I must say that you have got wonderful betas to back you up and you have a wonderful style with writing.

Waiting for the 23rd chapter.
chaosmagez chapter 2 . 3/16/2007
I have only read 2 chapters so far and I can tell this story is good and it is quite humorous.
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Hey hey!

I just wanted to say that I think your story is bloody amazing. It's incredibly well written, with a intricate plot, side stories, hidden agendas, and so on.

I am quite surprised that you don't have more reviews. I actually just spent the last 3 or 4 days reading your story from start to finish over on SIYE, since they have the super nice PDF format option, and I popped over here to grab the last chapter since I'm not at my home computer.

War Mages... brilliant. I'm pretty sure something similar has been done before, but you have made it work by providing it with structure and a somewhat specific place in the government. If I remember correctly, you likened it to the way the military is handled in the "muggle" world. Kudos for that, as your story would not have worked nearly as well if you had just declared Harry a War Mage and let him loose without any of it.

I must admit to being curious about quite a few things. I'd love to read more parts concerning Nicholas, but as he's dead I'm not hoping for much. Harry thought of him as a grandfather in your story though, at least to some extent, so I miss him even though we never really met him. I'm also curious as to the whereabouts of David's wife, and I'm beginning to wonder if Harry accidentally killed her. That's just wild speculation and not something I'm really expecting, but I DO wonder.

Scar running down the left side of his neck? Hrm. Well, I suppose he could have tried to kill himself, but I don't think so. Maybe he got it when Nicholas was killed, or when David's wife died, if she's dead at all (she's off for a bit of a holiday in Majorca for all I know).

I was struck by what Vencil told Harry about all of them likely being dead before they had a chance to complete his training. I wonder how Harry will respond when that time finally comes? I'm not sure if you're intending to cover that in this story or not, but it's an interesting line of thought.

What can I say, I'm impressed. You've got a good story here, with STORY elements of which 80% or more are NOT focused around romance. To top it off, you are a good writer who obviously either researches, at least minimally, what he intends to write about and has a good eye for detail, combat, and dialogue.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing wrong with Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, or any other canon relationship. I don't even problems with non-canon relationships, though I may not care for them as much. I just tire of nearly every well written story I find in the world of HP Fanfic being focused on one of those relationships to the near exclusion of other story elements.

Granted, I've no problem with people writing romance heavy fics, as fanfiction is written for free and the author should write what he or she WANTS to write, but I like my romance to take a back seat to whatever else the story might have to offer.

So, uhm, yeah, kudos, I like your story.

Cheers,

CT
sheepstamper chapter 22 . 3/10/2007
Discovered this story the other day, brillant...

Have really enjoyed reading this...

Keep going...
JakeTheSheepy chapter 22 . 3/8/2007
Another great chapter, I really enjoyed watching Harry dress down Umbridge with his knowledge of the law. Keep up the wonderful work and update soon!
jhautefaye chapter 5 . 3/7/2007
While I have not yet begun reading chapter five, this story has, (at least to me) potential. Guess it has to do with young Malfoy getting beat up and Snape getting what he deserves (Regardless of past, his attitudes during the first books are beyond pale. He doesn't even have a good reason for it. Merely childish spite). Keep up the good work. :)
Airlady chapter 3 . 3/6/2007
Excellent story - decidely different.
nimbrix chapter 4 . 3/6/2007
Wow, this is a realy good story so far. i started reading it just out of boredom, not really expecting much, but it is great! well, just figured i'd review before finishing my essay and forgetting to ever review. sweet story. )
Meggplant chapter 21 . 2/19/2007
well, i'm very glad i stumbled across this story, although it's raised some serious questions for me in regards to characters and plot, which i don't really have room in my head for... but what are you going to do, eh? exactly.

so. love the ideas that have been trickling into the story. it's a slow, but obviously lovingly-tended process, and i'm enjoying the many altercations Harry finds himself in. i also like the different aspects of canon that you've chosen to include in the plot. very intriguing, i can't wait to see what you're going to do with Severus.

on the other hand, there are certain parts of the story that are vaguely frustrating. maybe it's a consequence of reading every single chapter in an afternoon, but a few of the characters are getting to me. Ginny in particular. i have no idea if i like her or hate her at this point. all i know is i'm getting tired of her vascillating moods, and her seeming-constant irritation with Harry. she's only known the guy for less than a month! and the issues that she refuses to speak of and yet demands help in resolving... i dunno. if i'd been Harry i have no idea how i would have responded to her.

anyway, the fact that i've spent this long ruminating on a character should tell you how invested i've become in this fic. i'm interested to see how far you're going to take it - as it's taken 21 chapters to get into late September, and each chapter is WONDERFULLY long and enriched, i'm hoping you don't lose interest in your own plot and leave us readers hanging. *grins* i'm also hoping that you'll resolve certain plot lines soon - like what's up with the chairs left at Harry's Dad's kitchen table? i figure two are for his wife and Nicholas, but what's the other one for? in addition, what the heck is going on with the War Mage stuff? i'm confused as to what Cyril is hoping to accomplish with the mirror - perhaps as with most complex things i'm just oblivious, but how is Harry supposed to 'look himself in the eye' if he's getting no instruction on fixing whatever's not letting him look in the first place?

gah.

so yeah, i've obviously got questions, and those are just some of them, seeing as i've just NOW finished reading and i'm still immersed somewhat in the plot. i've not had time to sit back and think about more than just the superficial impressions. i'm greatly impressed by what you've written so far, and i hope to read more soon. hope RL isn't getting you down too much! (oh, and in regards to one of your previous author's notes - congrats on the new baby!)

cheers,

xoxox
Loesje chapter 2 . 2/18/2007
I absolutely love your story D Strange that there are not so many reviews O_o

Hope you'll update soon,

x Loesje
RBlack chapter 21 . 2/10/2007
claps in applause " MORE MORE " the crowd starts yelling..

Wonderful fic so far. lets see some more of the good stuff soon.
hit0 chapter 21 . 2/10/2007
i must be crazy i just read your entire story in one sitting

keep up thegood work :)