Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
jon chapter 4 . 4/21/2007
this story is quite fun to read, i am immensly enjoying my satuday afternoon after buying dmb tickets.
Nefar chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Excellent story, but just one request. Please don't have Ginny suddenlt become as talented as Harry, able to beat him in duels at least half of the time. You have made a big deal of Harry's rigorous and long training (rightfully and wonderfully realistic), and having Ginny make up that gap in a subjectively extremely short time (see GeekUSA's Magic of Merlin story) totally disrupts the flow, and loses yourself many readers, including me. Its alright if she beats him once in a while (a very, very great while), but make it clear that that was due to extenuating circumstances.

Nefar
Rahxe chapter 23 . 4/21/2007
lol, indeed it is quite annoying when people keep asking for updates.

i just wanted to let you know that i adore your story and really do hope that some bus will never sneak up on you. _

I can only wait unti lthe end for this has wonderful potential that seems to be almost reached by every chapter.

good luck

_
Jocyo chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Awesome.
ttd chapter 22 . 4/16/2007
Love the story, though slightly surprised at the pace; very different, but you seem to be pulling it off dispite my concerns.

Keep on surprising us!

Thanks,

Tom
fhippogriff chapter 11 . 4/16/2007
I am thoroughly enjoying your story. You deserve a higher number of reviews!
bill560682 chapter 19 . 4/16/2007
there are lots of thngs j.k.r. sticks in the story that are unclear. such as why no one uses time turners to save people an yes i know it was used to save sirius so that they colddraw out book 3 but i think they could have found a better way to draw it out unless the time turner is going to show back up could save countless people by going back before a battle and sending yourself a note but since most of those attacked are just muggles well who really cares if a few more muggles die. it would seem the light side does not care as much for muggle lives as you would think they do. there is also the point of if dementors suck out happy thought an feed on them then how is it that happy thought can create the petronous an chase them away unless it is like candy to a child, a little is fine but trying to eat to much to fast gives you a tummy ache.
bill560682 chapter 18 . 4/15/2007
what you seem to need for your wards is a main power crystal then smaller control crystals for each seperate ward, but you must make sure your control crystal is able to take in enough power so that no one can just force a large amount of power into in and thereby blow it up. also you can use the stones of the house it's self as anchors by running connections to the main power crystal and the ward crystals so that the whole house becomes one big battery to store power in or draw power from.
David chapter 2 . 4/14/2007
Good, the story seems to be progressing rather slowly though.

Still, I must commend your use of grammar, it's astounding how you manage paragraphs without repeating the same words over and over again.

I have seen many stories that make you go from this: ' _ ' ,to: _ ,to finally: X_X.

Well structured and well written, a very good story so far.

Keep it up. David.
David chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
He he, love the story so far. I'm surprised you have recieved so few reviews, as it is clearly better than some 20 odd reviewed stories I've seen.

I like the way how you get straight into the action, and the way you portray Harry is fantastic, his ability to handle situations like the one he was in, and his abilitiy to properly justify his actions afterwards.

No glaringly obvious mistakes so far, and I hope we'll see some of Harry's history soon.

Keep up the good work. David.
bill560682 chapter 13 . 4/13/2007
now what you should do is have harry sue the daily prophet and rita skeater for dephimation of charactor since she is defaming his charactor by claiming him to be a dark lord without any proof. an have him end up owning the paper. an of course i already told you about hostile take overs where you buy controling share of the company and give yourself a big fat salary that just happens to match the company profits also if the person you want out owns all or most of the company you can but the competitor and lower prices until the other company is loosing money an has to sell the company then you buy it for a knut on the gallion. you can also take 1 gallion coins and melt them down and sell them to a muggle bank, since a gallion should weight several ounces and you would get at least 300 pounds per ounce then that would be very profitable. you could take a million 1 gallion coins weighing 10 ounces each and turn that into 3 billion pounds then about a billion gallions.
bill560682 chapter 12 . 4/13/2007
making the old bat head of slythine was great.
bill560682 chapter 11 . 4/13/2007
now you could try diamonds for your portable words they would be a harder stone an thereby be harder to shatter.
bill560682 chapter 9 . 4/13/2007
they had the no child left behind here were i live but it was a flop. they used to pass kids on age then switched to no matter how old you are you have to pass on your own the problem with this was that less than 32% were passing on there own. so they switched to paying the teachers more if more students passed but the teachers were the ones giving the tests and were cheating the tests so that they got the bonuses. so they had to go back to passing kids on age an then just giving them a diploma of attendace which means they showed up but learded nothing.
bill560682 chapter 6 . 4/12/2007
now you really want to have some fun have someone tell granger that they have seen ravenclaws dairy's an in them she talks about the great work of fiction she got from slytherine full of half trueths and outright lies called hogwarts a history. an the book ended up becoming so popular among the students because they wanted to find out what happened at the school that year that they missed such as gryphondor fighting a whole army of trolls single handed out on the front lawn with noth but his sword and his wand that they had to start printing it but of course everyone in the time of the founders who heard about the book knew it was mostly fiction an just a good read.
630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 .. Last Next »