Reviews for Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger
bill560682 chapter 12 . 4/13/2007
making the old bat head of slythine was great.
bill560682 chapter 11 . 4/13/2007
now you could try diamonds for your portable words they would be a harder stone an thereby be harder to shatter.
bill560682 chapter 9 . 4/13/2007
they had the no child left behind here were i live but it was a flop. they used to pass kids on age then switched to no matter how old you are you have to pass on your own the problem with this was that less than 32% were passing on there own. so they switched to paying the teachers more if more students passed but the teachers were the ones giving the tests and were cheating the tests so that they got the bonuses. so they had to go back to passing kids on age an then just giving them a diploma of attendace which means they showed up but learded nothing.
bill560682 chapter 6 . 4/12/2007
now you really want to have some fun have someone tell granger that they have seen ravenclaws dairy's an in them she talks about the great work of fiction she got from slytherine full of half trueths and outright lies called hogwarts a history. an the book ended up becoming so popular among the students because they wanted to find out what happened at the school that year that they missed such as gryphondor fighting a whole army of trolls single handed out on the front lawn with noth but his sword and his wand that they had to start printing it but of course everyone in the time of the founders who heard about the book knew it was mostly fiction an just a good read.
bill560682 chapter 5 . 4/12/2007
the good thing about malfoy sr. buying draco out of trouble is you can use that to bring charges against malfoy sr. which he then also has to buy his way out of an greatly reduces the size of the malfoy family vault an old tommy boy will not like the fact that his purse is getting empty. an if you have harry ruin malfoys businesses then not only is he paying out money but also no money is coming in. an ruining malfoys businesses is easy buy the compeating company an drop your prices to rock botton an when malfoys business is bust you buy it for 1 knut on the gallion then raise prices of both companies to make up for what you lost. it is known as fighting the war muggle style in the wallet.
LionofPerth chapter 18 . 4/12/2007
Great story, just wish I had more time to read it.
bill560682 chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
i love the fact that you got crabbe goyle malfoy and snape all gone an as much as i do not like the idea i know dumbledore will try to talk harry into letting snape stay an i hope he fails even thou most authors do let snape stay i think he belongs in jail.
Kaaera chapter 3 . 4/11/2007
Continuing to read, since there's more chapters yet... just had to mention "Harry had a copy of the latest David Weber paperback, Oath of Swords.". Yay, David Weber! :D Have you read his Honor Harrington series? That and the Oath of Swords group are some of my favorite ones. I'm thrilled to see someone other then my sister has actually read them.

Moving on now; I'll review again at the end, lol.
hedwigpersonified chapter 5 . 3/17/2007
such a good well written why only 40 reviews?

What? Are the readers so much lazy to hit the review button.

What readers?

And to you moshpitstories I must say that you have got wonderful betas to back you up and you have a wonderful style with writing.

Waiting for the 23rd chapter.
chaosmagez chapter 2 . 3/16/2007
I have only read 2 chapters so far and I can tell this story is good and it is quite humorous.
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Hey hey!

I just wanted to say that I think your story is bloody amazing. It's incredibly well written, with a intricate plot, side stories, hidden agendas, and so on.

I am quite surprised that you don't have more reviews. I actually just spent the last 3 or 4 days reading your story from start to finish over on SIYE, since they have the super nice PDF format option, and I popped over here to grab the last chapter since I'm not at my home computer.

War Mages... brilliant. I'm pretty sure something similar has been done before, but you have made it work by providing it with structure and a somewhat specific place in the government. If I remember correctly, you likened it to the way the military is handled in the "muggle" world. Kudos for that, as your story would not have worked nearly as well if you had just declared Harry a War Mage and let him loose without any of it.

I must admit to being curious about quite a few things. I'd love to read more parts concerning Nicholas, but as he's dead I'm not hoping for much. Harry thought of him as a grandfather in your story though, at least to some extent, so I miss him even though we never really met him. I'm also curious as to the whereabouts of David's wife, and I'm beginning to wonder if Harry accidentally killed her. That's just wild speculation and not something I'm really expecting, but I DO wonder.

Scar running down the left side of his neck? Hrm. Well, I suppose he could have tried to kill himself, but I don't think so. Maybe he got it when Nicholas was killed, or when David's wife died, if she's dead at all (she's off for a bit of a holiday in Majorca for all I know).

I was struck by what Vencil told Harry about all of them likely being dead before they had a chance to complete his training. I wonder how Harry will respond when that time finally comes? I'm not sure if you're intending to cover that in this story or not, but it's an interesting line of thought.

What can I say, I'm impressed. You've got a good story here, with STORY elements of which 80% or more are NOT focused around romance. To top it off, you are a good writer who obviously either researches, at least minimally, what he intends to write about and has a good eye for detail, combat, and dialogue.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing wrong with Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, or any other canon relationship. I don't even problems with non-canon relationships, though I may not care for them as much. I just tire of nearly every well written story I find in the world of HP Fanfic being focused on one of those relationships to the near exclusion of other story elements.

Granted, I've no problem with people writing romance heavy fics, as fanfiction is written for free and the author should write what he or she WANTS to write, but I like my romance to take a back seat to whatever else the story might have to offer.

So, uhm, yeah, kudos, I like your story.

sheepstamper chapter 22 . 3/10/2007
Discovered this story the other day, brillant...

Have really enjoyed reading this...

Keep going...
JakeTheSheepy chapter 22 . 3/8/2007
Another great chapter, I really enjoyed watching Harry dress down Umbridge with his knowledge of the law. Keep up the wonderful work and update soon!
jhautefaye chapter 5 . 3/7/2007
While I have not yet begun reading chapter five, this story has, (at least to me) potential. Guess it has to do with young Malfoy getting beat up and Snape getting what he deserves (Regardless of past, his attitudes during the first books are beyond pale. He doesn't even have a good reason for it. Merely childish spite). Keep up the good work. :)
Airlady chapter 3 . 3/6/2007
Excellent story - decidely different.
619 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 .. Last Next »