Reviews for New Perspective Evangelion
Matthew Badger chapter 11 . 6/15
The sad thing is, the SI really has had what he feared come true - His original personality is gone. Sure he has similar likes now, maintains little quirks and acts less feminine occasionally, but the true core of his personality has vanished.

He's completely lost what made him who he was and even worse, he can no longer understand or recognise why that's a bad thing. Truly a nightmare scenario, handled beautifully by the author.

Nice to see gender-bending played straight for once. :)
Matthew Badger chapter 10 . 6/15
As a guy myself, this story has turned out to be one of the most chilling psychological horrors imaginable.
LostCompass chapter 14 . 6/5
Nine years. That's a long time for a story. Well, relatively.

Anyway, I approached this one with apprehension. A self-insert fanfiction where the author is directly interacting with the protagonists... and a possession/sex inversion element as well. So much could go terribly, terribly wrong.

Oddly, not much did.

Your character struggles. Your character tries to navigate his-well, her-situation, sometimes with success and often with failure. She does not effortlessly outwit or somehow outmaneuver characters twice or thrice her age (and with much more experience) by nature of being the author. You manage to create a sense of real discomfort and dysphoria that gradually, if incompletely, evaporates.

The story itself is incomplete, and so far, the rationale of Kaworu-changing variables in the timeline until the right one emerges-isn't exactly novel. Then again, it doesn't have to be. The day-to-day issues and the character's attempts to establish a sense of self yet still survive are much more compelling. In fact, the part where Kaworu attempts to explain dimensional metaphysics to the main character comes across as... well, almost comedic. Some thing are best left unelaborated. But that was your decision.

Now, there are a lot of formatting errors-missed periods, missed quotation marks, spacing issues, the occasional misspelling. Normally that would cause me to hit the eject button, but it's one Hell of an indicator to your storytelling ability that I'm still here. Yes, your story was compelling enough that I didn't care (all too much) about spelling or grammar. Grating, yes, but... well, it seems like you rush when you write, and you're excited to get your ideas down. Not necessarily negative, but something to consider.

There is also a bit of repetition in the story, sometimes in the same chapter-of descriptions, mostly. That's a symptom of the excitement of writing in a rush. It doesn't detract a lot from the story, and since this has almost spanned a decade it's understandable that you may unconsciously repeat yourself.

So, I say to you, Dubliner:

Not bad. Not bad at all.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 14 . 5/18
And not-so-suddenly I'm glad there's not more of this to read.
"But I didn't want to be punished for it. Ten years in prison, at least, for the pair of us."
You mean two-ish more months, right?
Gemini011 chapter 13 . 2/28
I think the format of this chapter worked well.

On another note, perhaps pertinent given the method used to destroy the angel, while "And If That Don't Work" was a fascinating fic, at the end of the day I really hate it... and not just for what happens to Asuka.

That said, you're doing a great job with this story... and your use of tone in this chapter was well executed and highly effective. There's a lot that I like about this fic, and I'm a little sad that there's only one more chapter before I'm fully caught up.
Gemini011 chapter 12 . 2/28
"Wulfenbach peace edict," huh. No zeppelins, though, I assume.
Valikdu chapter 14 . 11/8/2016
Um... some entries on TVTropes seem to suggest that there's a lot more story, for some reason.
jcmoorehead chapter 14 . 10/12/2016
Finally made it to the end of this over the last few days, hoping I won't have to wait that long for the next update as I really want to know where this goes from here. Interested that you've now stated that Shinji is interested in Rei, I had a feeling you wouldn't go for the Noriko/Shinji path here but was convinced that you'd go Asuka/Shinji for it. Then again it isn't finished and Shinji still has things to learn about Rei I suppose. :P

Besides the shipping stuff it's really well written, the fallout from Sahaquiel was handled incredibly well. You managed to convey the horror that they all felt from what had happened really well and in an in character fashion for them all.

Looking forward to what comes next.
jcmoorehead chapter 11 . 10/11/2016
Just caught up to this chapter, still a few to go but really wanted to drop a review at this point just to say how much I'm enjoying this. Really interesting at the end there to see Noriko/You come to terms with this struggle over who/what you are. I think you handle exploring that aspect really well and going into detail about the various confusion you/Noriko feels over things like their sexuality and gender identity.

Everything in the chapter was very well written from the battle to the training sequences and the various discussions throughout. I think everything about it has been handled really well. Considering I was a big fan of the original reading this revamped version is incredible. I like the little nods to other fics as well, that's really cool. I do remember Teenage Dummy Plug, always a shame it wasn't finished. So many fics from back then went unfinished.

Not really too much else to say considering I still have a few chapters left to read so it feels a bit unfair saying too much. I will say, much like the original did it has made me want to have an attempt at this sort of fic myself. I doubt I'd be able to pull it off though.
Generator X chapter 14 . 10/10/2016
So that's it, completely into guys? I thought at least bisexul.

Everyone sits around the table
Noriko "I told him that it wasn't going to happen, but if he wanted one of the other girls that's okay,"

Toji "and you would be cool with that?"

Noriko "heck, I told him that since I'm bisexul if I ever catch him with one of them in a private moment, I might join in."

Kaji slaps his hand on Shinji's shoulder "marry this woman"

Asuka "what!"

Kaji "she's perfect! She doesn't care if you sleep with other women and is perfectly willing to join in!"
Guest chapter 14 . 10/7/2016
This was a great chapter, I can realy get into her head and sympathize with her, and of course enjoy her hatred of Misato. The stealing Shinji's pillow was a nice touch.
jcmoorehead chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
It's quite odd but I don't think I ever did get around to reading through the revised version of this. I think it was released just as I dropped out of the fandom, so with a new chapter it seems I have plenty to look forward to.

Excited to see what the next few chapters bring. Bit pointless saying too much with this being the first chapter and it having been released some time ago but I really liked the opening. Will be interesting to see what else has changed and what the latest chapter is like :)
Nisnast chapter 13 . 7/16/2015
Please tell me this is not dead.
polarpwnage chapter 7 . 6/26/2015
I don't want to be sexist but is having a woman's body really causing a former twenty year old dude to be all stutter, crying, scared lil b**** since chapter 1? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's insulting to females in general how you're portraying Noriko