Reviews for New Perspective Evangelion
Gemini011 chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Heh, dropped into an SI situation after staying up too late reading "The 2nd Try," huh?

Okay, I'll bite. I've been avoiding giving this story a read for months now because I figured, statistically speaking, "I Was a Teenage Dummy Plug" was probably the only decently written EVA SI on the site. Well, suffice it to say our fandom continues to surprise me with its abnormally high number of well written fics... so I'll give this one a chance. Looking forward to getting caught up.

Thanks for writing!
Dairegh chapter 8 . 11/16/2013
... Sudden thought. O.O
Nori, being female, can get away with slapping girls for being bitches. O.o
...I know it's not a chivalrous thing to think, and certainly not nice... but Asuka NEEDS to be put in her place.
I dunno. Maybe I'm just unforgiving. Anyway...
About this chap.
...Well, Nori is adapting admirably, to be sure. Handling the gender change well, too. As well as can be expected, in any case. Unasked for, unexpected. Sudden. Yeah, not the best for a person's mental condition.
Truthfully, I think it's a rather accurate representation of what a person might go through in this situation.
Dairegh chapter 7 . 11/16/2013
...To those about to die, I salute you. May you rest in peace, brother. :p
Queen Sydon chapter 13 . 11/14/2013
You're back! Wow...

Even though it's been so long, reading this just drew me back in like a typhoon. God, I love your work. It feels like I've been following this story for almost a decade...which isn't far from the truth. But your writing is just impeccable, it really is.

Thank you so much for the wonderful read so far. I really mean that.
Donderkind chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
Phew... What a chapter!
The extraordinary depth and complexity you've worked into it is breathtaking. I enjoyed it all immensely. The interplay between characters, Noriko's slow but steady transformation from Hybrid-Noriko to Mostly-Noriko, the clever change in tactics of the Angel, the interdimensional explanations that made my brain hurt, the M.A.S.H. reference, the unenviable but unavoidable choice that finally does the job, the top-notch F-strikes and most of all the writing quality!
A genuine tour-de-force of an update. Brilliant stuff!
Generator X chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
Pyhrric victory
steamrick chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
Wow, what a chapter :)
I'm glad you're still alive, because this story is still awesome.

Somehow, this chapter really reminded me of "And if that don't work" by Sunshine Temple. If you're not familiar with it, you should really check it out.
donald7777 chapter 12 . 11/6/2013
This has been a very excellent story.

I highly commend the way you have written, how you gradually began to shift your identity away from the male perspective towards the female. Unlike other fanfics where this does not happen or happens instantly with little to no angst is a welcome change.

It is also refreshing to see how the story is not one long action scene, but instead a gradual tale of life with its ups and downs.

The many references to other fanfics and other series are a welcome distraction. This helps to move the story without having to do a heavy reference.

I look forward to the additional chapters as the story has not been moved to your dead pile.
a fan chapter 11 . 4/23/2013
Yet another good fic in a state of limbo. Please say this isn't dead.
Skullders chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Nice story.
steamrick chapter 12 . 3/15/2013
Very interesting so far :)
Hoping for a new chapter
Solidstach chapter 12 . 2/17/2013
Damn cliffhangers! I hate the damn cliffhangers.

Moving on. I just finished reading the whole fic in one setting. After 5 minutes of quiet contemplation something occured to me. Or rather it hit me like 30 tons of bricks. In a 16-wheeler. That was dropped from a cargo plane.
What if Kaworu is not responsible for the personality transfer? What if he 'just' stopped Noriko from dying? After all, all signs point to the 'uploading' occuring during Noriko's stay in a hospital. Well, all signs except the first paragraphs. Those I cannot explain.

If Kaworu is not the culprit (it shows in his behavior; alternatively, he's trolling), then who? Chapter 12 gives us this little fact: at least one Angel will not play by the rules. Earlier there was that female Angel avatar in the train dreamscape. It may have been Sandalphon, or it may have been our culprit. Or both. I have a nagging suspicion pertaining to someone who could just grab an SI and shove him into female body.

Arael is psychic, but he (it?) has no connection to other realities. Leliel has connections to other universes, but he's only mildly psychic, barely capable of contacting Shinji in canon. Other Angels do not fit at all.

Therefore I conclude that SI is wrong in being pissed at Tabris since some new, possibly OC, Angel trolled him. If it was an Angel at all.

And let's not forget about other, more distant possibilities. Maybe our SI is not, in fact, a personality upload (that would leave his old body in a coma or dead). MMaybe he is a copy, or even a creation of whatever ROB put him in this situation. I bet one thought of that would provide a whole new kind of instant trauma to Noriko.

There, my conspiracy theory rant is over. Now I would like to say a few words about the story itself.
You have good writing style. The story is easy to read and pleasant to look at, since I can't find any grammatical or orthographic errors. Your narrative attracts attention and the plot keeps me hooked.

Lastly: your mastery of my nemesis, the cliffhanger, is unparalleled. It is incredibly frustrating to find a chapter containing a fight to be nonexistent yet.

Keep up the good work.
TvTBlakeDiamond chapter 10 . 11/2/2012
Fine chapter. The last bit about Touji questioning his sexuality was pure gold. Glad to see this isn't dead. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Ashleythetiger chapter 12 . 7/18/2012
this has been one interesting fic...
i have not seen one with hormone balance taken into thought...
await more chapters... think the site had an error just then:(
lucky it saved my words anyway as said i wait somemore of this odd but fun to read story
Guest chapter 12 . 7/18/2012
this has been one interesting fic...
i have not seen one with hormone balance taken into thought...
await more chapters