Reviews for New Perspective Evangelion
skywiseskychan chapter 12 . 4/10/2012
Don't end it here, that would be a shame. Especially after all the nice fun and things that you have worked out and put in at this point in the story. I like the Kawaru hating, and it is good fun to see how things will go from here.
Bean Bandit chapter 12 . 4/9/2012
I am in -awe-. Your writing is fantastic, and this is one of my favorite story concepts.

Every time I see a new chapter and come and read it I'm both intimidated and inspired to keep trying my own SI. Watching Noriko grow into herself, and walk the line between growing as a person and resisting the loss of her previous self is a real treat. I hope there's more interaction with Shinji and Rei to come.

Not that I have any preferences on romantic entanglements, Mind-but comparing notes with Rei and Shinji and their difficulties in defining their 'selves' could be an interesting character study, as well as enlightening for the first and third children.

Asuka is Asuka. You've managed to make her more or less tolerable to me, so kudos for that. Anyway, Thanks so much for posting this. It was great.
Rose1948 chapter 12 . 4/8/2012
::chuckles:: This just keeps getting better and better. Your story is giving me all sorts of ideas, too. ::nods:: One thing that I keep getting, however. I keep getting the feeling that Kaworu doesn't quite know that Noriko is NOT actually Noriki. Just someone MORE than Noriko. ::thinks:: I'm probably explaining it badly but that's what it seems like to me. Kaworu talked about NORIKO saying she doesn't want to die through several dimensions. He says nothing at all about you, Dear Heart, "being there" as well. Weird, ain't it?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Take care and thanks for sharing.
Donderkind chapter 12 . 4/8/2012
So happy to see a new, and huge, chapter of one of my all time favourite stories come out! Great character development in here, and it's good to see that Misato and Asuka at least have taken notice of Noriko's attitude. It really gives the story, and their characters, even more depth that can be hard to find in 1st person stories. So often other characters in those stories seem to exist only to react to the main character's brilliance.

Amazingly well written as always. Waiting with bated breath for the next chapter and what Noriko says to Asuka.

Cheers!
einootspork chapter 12 . 4/7/2012
So the shit's finally gonna hit the fan? Can't wait.
Generator X chapter 12 . 4/7/2012
it's a liiiive!

if i where her i'd say that it was arael that attackd the plane and mind attackd her and she saw inside its mind too.

and the reason she never said anything was because she was afraid of what NERV whould do
Fleebwibbletwo2 chapter 12 . 4/7/2012
I love huge chapters.

I love huge well written chapters.

I love huge well written chapters of self insert genderbending fun.

I like your work.
Bisa chapter 12 . 4/7/2012
I don't understand... It's self insert gender bender... But its really good!

Seriously, I wish I could write half as good as this
Lazy Reviewer chapter 11 . 3/5/2012
A shame there isn't more! I've re-read this twice already.

Groups of my favorite fanfics grow active and get quiet in waves it seems. I hope you can find inspiration eventually but take it easy; it's no good if you aren't having fun!
Aku-dono chapter 11 . 10/3/2011
Annnnnd done. Really. There's no more of it. That makes me all kinds of sad. :(

Awesome take on the Female Pilot SI plot, though I really, *really* wanted Noriko to just stand in Asuka's dad's face and tell him to stop acting like a self-serving asshole and start being a dad.

Other than that... well, loved it. A lot. Moar. :P
Overactive Mind chapter 11 . 6/12/2011
Wow. Just... just wow. And I mean that in a good way. You have assembled an incredible work of psychological, metaphysical, and narrative thought here. I am well and truly impressed. I'm sorry if this all feels a bit generic, but still... wow.

I do look forward to seeing more of this, whenever it's ready. Especially resolving the weird inter-universal translation peculiarities. You know, like how TTGL could be made in a universe where the deconstruction it was essentially created to counteract is in fact reality, or how Haurhi works when the personality archetype Yuki was built around is one of the protagonist's comrades in arms.

One minor, probably fickle criticism: I do hope our stalwart psychological alloy of a leading lady develops a better proficiency with the Japanese language as her mind continues to resolve itself. It's bugging me a little, is all.

In any case, incredible work thus far. Whenever the next chapter is ready, I eagerly look forward to it.
Ged chapter 11 . 2/3/2011
*Thank you* for writing a story like this where the protagonist isn't a total moron.
LoPe21 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Pretty interesting. not sure how i feel about the whole self insert thing but definitely an interesting first chapter.

keep it up.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 11 . 12/22/2010
Great story so far. A nice compliment to Teenage Dummy Plug and Self Insert Evangelion though I'd probably have done things differently in the early chapters so there was something more substantial than the extremely mild foreshadowing of "what's so special about the SI?" to balance out the primary plot focus at that point. Teenage Dummy Plug had "The character is in one of Rei's spare bodies" prior to the accidental Rei-sync coming in and SI Eva brought in the "What's up with Sachiel/the Uwaoui" subplot very early on.

I actually cheered at the train sequence and then groaned when it was revealed to be "just a dream" and therefore insufficient to graduate the "what's so special?" subplot from a personal "why him?" to an objective "what is s/he?". The slips in identity like the "I never liked the whole housewife deal" part in chapter 8 help to add new dimensions, but they come too infrequently to properly make up for the slow start.

That's not to say the story's bad. Chapters 8 and up are great, for example. It's just that the difficulty of letting a single subplot carry an entire story shows in how monotony started to creep in during the chapters prior to 8. (eg. your Sandalphon stuff bored me. While you did make divergences, they weren't "worth" the amount of reading that conveyed them)

I especially like how you're keeping the plot on its toes now that you've got things going. For example, the hinting that Tabris honestly knows nothing about your SI's true predicament, which adds another layer of "What's so special about the SI?" (I truly hope that something along those lines is what you're building toward and that it's not just some Tenshi na Konamaiki-esque "your 'past' was an illusion all along" mess up. That'd be very un-satisfying while actually throwing in layers upon layers, when done well, tends to result in award-winning stories like Monster... which is why that "how screwed up would someone have to be in order to think they were someone else" comment about 'Haruhi' worries me a bit.)

As for the "flavor text", good job. For example, the bursts of fanboyism early on without making them feel out of place and the ongoing bits and pieces of various kinds. (Which are great both in their content and how you phrase it) ...though, again, they didn't do enough. You started out with them, they more or less faded out before stuff like the Sandalphon part, and then you didn't fade in sufficient new interesting elements until part-way through chapter 8.

"Really? The Misato Katsuragi. My mind spinlocked." had me grinning like a cheshire cat and the sequence of who was watching whom (and how the teacher was unwatched and watching nobody) and your reaction to Tabris' arrival even more so. ("Nyarlathotep wannabe" *grin*)

Bits like "and how best to keep it from a persistent penguin begging for a share." and the comparisons to personal history that only an SI author can bring really helped too. Overall, you've accumulated quite the collection of quotes in my prototype fanfiction stuff management tool.

Nice twist with the Minix raccoon too. Sort of reminds me of how Serial Experiments Lain hints that all of the divergence from the real world Internet happened because, rather than Berners-Lee's WordWideWeb, Lain's "The Wired" is descended from Project Xanadu. Of course, given that Lain is also the only anime I've ever seen to actually use a real CDE/Motif-looking desktop for a high-end, implicitly UNIX workstation, that's not a huge surprise. As a hardcore geek, I'm very pleased by how well you've managed to mix in various computing references without them feeling off. Perhaps ironically, I'm not sure if that'd have occurred to me were I writing this.

I also got a grin out of your Duck and Cover rework in chapter 11... though I only recognized it due to various remixes I've run across on YouTube.

Overall, despite the failings I mentioned, it still gets a 5 out of 5. (Though, given the open-ended nature of that rating, there's still room to grow into a 5 (A.K.A. with awards))

Oh, and thanks for composing the initial scenes the way you did. While a gender-swap Evangelion SI isn't new to me, hinting at the character's gender before revealing the swap made me, who loves to seek out new experiences, realize that I've never actually seen a decent SI by a female author... and giving me something new to look for in fiction is almost as valuable as writing a good fic. (Though I'll be looking for non-contemporary fics since things like "girl SIs into Harry Potter" is easy to make "decent" without also making it interesting)
Greenfang chapter 11 . 12/2/2010
Wow! Words fail me at this time. Cliches fail me also. I've been a fan of "I Was A Teenage Dummyplug" for a very long time, and this, I have to say, take a similar concept and takes it to the next level. The development of Noriko/Author's character is beautifully realised.

Loved it completely, your writing style is involving and immediately accessible. I was intrigued and hooked from the first paragraph.

Hoping to see more really soon!

Ja.