Reviews for New Perspective Evangelion
Angryoptimist chapter 10 . 6/25/2010
I can hardly believe I'd never heard of this until yesterday. I saw one review that mentioned I Was A Teenage Dummy Plug, which, yeah, it did remind me a bit of earlier, but IWATDP didn't delve into the issues of uncertain identity the way this does. I've not often been that big on angst, but, geez, I *get* it here-what Noriko faces is honestly terrifying. Kind of a subversion of the typical SI in the way Blade and Epsilon's Hybrid theory is-in its own way. Great stuff. In many ways, NPE is just as strange and ambiguous as the show-and it's great, they way it just *fits*. The awareness of the protagonist-which the 'natives' lack-juxtaposed with this (less and less) sudden lack of removal from what he/she is experiencing/witnessing certainly makes for a way interesting read. Anyway, I LIKE it-I'm pretty excited to see more!
god of stuff chapter 10 . 6/22/2010
Well this is incredibly well put together story. The Haruhi thing was kind of entertaining. I was half expecting Noriko to try and get in on the TG nights. I am stuck wondering when or if she will ever try to contact Kaji.

I love what you have done with the character development. Everyone feels so much more real than they did in the original, though some of that is the medium. The plot itself is engaging and fairly fluid. I found it nearly impossible to put the story down.

I eagerly wait for the next chapter.
Squab chapter 10 . 6/19/2010
Seeing this story updated brings me warm and fuzzy feelings comparable to that of when I read the endless positive comments people have to say about Keanu Reeves in the wake of SadKeanu.

tl;dr, Yaaaay Noriko. I knew you could do it. I love how honesty always her as seemingly non-sequitur comments.
einootspork chapter 10 . 6/17/2010
No way, you're updating again? Awesome. I was kind of sad because I had always quite liked this fic. It was a pretty good self-insert. Obviously owes more than a tip of the hat to I Was a Teenage Dummy Plug, but I think it has a distinct style and flair of its own. Although I'm sure it'll be a good long while before the next chapter comes out, I hope it'll be less time than it took for this one.

Don't have much to criticize, except that sometimes your grammar/spelling is wonky. Also, there's no "H" in "Suzumiya". Please stop that. I'm eager to see where the weird "delusional(?) pseudo-Haruhi girl" subplot goes, by the way.
Mr Crossover chapter 10 . 6/15/2010
I am not much giving a in deepth review. So i just tell this. I love this story.
Queen Sydon chapter 10 . 6/14/2010
This is supreme. After reading this chapter, I realized that this is the sort of fic I want to stick with to the very end.

It's so much fun to read, so clever in the know-how of military things, and utterly infectiously engrossing in its character development. I don't think I've ever felt a fanfic of all things to connect with me on such a level. It's just beautiful.

I could gush praise for this endlessly, but I'll just say that I love you for finding the strength and will of continuing such a personal piece. You have my support always.
Fleebwibbletwo2 chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Yes! love it! Best Insert ever! Moar!
Alyeris chapter 9 . 3/5/2010
A self insert that doesn't involve the SI character being a massively overpowered munchkin? One with a plot that amuses me? Nice work, be looking for updates on this one.
enderverse chapter 9 . 1/26/2010
I like this story so far. That Haruhi part was really funny.
Anonymous chapter 9 . 1/8/2010
I'm very pleased to know you're adding a new pilot, not only that, a partner of Noriko's, who s/he has no knowledge of. Not only is s/he struggling over the huge mental obstacle that is identifying herself, the knowledge of her/his past life and it's legitimacy.

Quite an interesting challenge to her true self, a very interesting battle of personality, memories, and reality.

This is an interesting fic, looking forward to more.
Queen Sydon chapter 9 . 11/26/2009
This was just bloody incredible. There's no other way to put it. Reading it from beginning to end in just one sitting, I knew I had stumbled upon something special. This really is the perfect self-insert, keeping everything within the bounds of belief, and even expanded on it with even better insight. What's more, the whole dynamic of slowly 'becoming' Noriko adds an awesome perspective. Especially in chapter 8, when you start thinking of Noriko's father as if he was your own without even realizing it. I got a little emotional!

All-in-all. Awesome. Incredible. Perfect.

I love it.
Kknd2 chapter 9 . 9/26/2009
So after reading all of this, what is there to say?

That wrist band has been there from the beginning, the missing object of memory.

We all have that basic fear of losing who we are. But it seems we have forgotten the basic fact that, who we are, is never who we were. Every moment in time wrapped in side our memory, if you look in time, you will find it in yourself.

To live, we must change, and in changing we become someone else.

As a writer, this process of change is our work to chronicle. It is the very meaning of our lives as writers. Yet it is also the single hardest thing to do right. We fear not that we will not be the same, but what this other person will be.

You have spoken of how hard it is to write this, how many false starts and rewrites you have done in the process.

The road is as hard as the goal is worth. Assuming you even read this, I ask you as a humble favor.

Take a shot.
AJC chapter 9 . 7/19/2009
some ideas for you

multiple personalitys, Noriko and "Noriko"

and a 400% Synchro causes them to be separated
Count Papaya chapter 9 . 6/24/2009
Fairly awesome SI you have here! Love the way you presented (yourself? Right?), it's pretty believable compared to others I've read before. Love the small Haruhi Suzumiya thing you added, fairly cool seeing as I also love the series.

I also read a ton of your other stories. Incredibly awesome stories...but I didn't review. I'm lazy. Forgive me. I'll just have to add a check to all the boxes below and hope it makes up for my impoliteness.

...I must read moar. Thanks again for the awesome story.
deathbyd4 chapter 9 . 5/27/2009
Great job on this chapter! I was a little wary of your inclusion of Haruhi Suzumiya but you developed that nicely.

I'm wondering why you end sentences that are complete with an ellipse. I could understand if it's because you wanted to convey a thought interrupted, but you use them on completed thoughts.
176 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »