Reviews for New Perspective Evangelion
SM02 chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
Great story. I've read parts of this already... so it's hard to remember what my thoughts were immediately after reading, but it sure is good. Our main character seems to be slipping further and further away from any old identity... so perhaps there's less to worry about in being discovered.
Xed Alpha chapter 9 . 5/14/2009
Its been a long time coming but worth the wait 1 hav this gem back again, hope update sooner next time, sill great chapter, I can only hope our gender confused hero manages to keep his true self intact and not get overwritten by his female body. Also think he/she should take advantage of wot he knows about ritsuko to really mess with her head as payback for her little interrogation session
Anon chapter 9 . 5/11/2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing this fic.

I'm really looking forward to where you go from here, and yours has been one of the few SI's I can read without closing the window in disugst.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

~Anon
deathgeonous chapter 8 . 11/23/2008
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for writing this, bye for now.
ctrl alt del chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
s0 h0w d1d y0u c0m3 up w1th th1s 1n the f1rst plac3 0r 1s 1t bas3d 0n a tru3 st0ry...
Generator X chapter 9 . 10/4/2008
one word Kaworu

also i was saving this for my fanfic but

S2-Organ Noriko ?

and you can tell us the story from the Perspective of the other characters up to now
wingnut2292 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
One of my favorite Eva fanfic writers is asking for help? I'd love to help.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that you need to interject chaos in to your story. Butterflies flapping their wings change the course of hurricanes. Or make them. In Europe, all swans were thought to be white, until the discovery of black swans in Australia caught the Old Country extremely off guard. It's been said that the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11 and American stock market crash and subsequent run on banks were statistical (probabilistic?) "black swans". Unseen; unthought of by almost everyone - until they happen, where the blindness that shielded us beforehand leaves us woefully unprepared to handle the crisis at hand. Thinking about it, Second Impact and Instrumentality are black swans.

I mention this because Noriko, or rather the you(Dartz-IRL) who is in Noriko, is a chaos butterfly in the ordered system of Eva. (Remember, chaos is just an erratic and complex system of order!). The Dartz-IRL is a black swan to the plans of Cmdr. Ikari and SEELE, whith one catch. Instrumentality is also a black swan, and being so, 99.9...% are blind to it. It's unthinkable, so it's not possible. Even if a little girl is talking to NATO/JSDF/Interpool/CIA/. It's just so... impossible. Unless it's you have the evidence in hand and Eva Shogoki is floating suspended the middle of the Tree of Numbers, Noriko just isn't going to be believed.

But thankfully we don't need to rely on elected officials and their deputy bureaucrats. (Thank goodness!) Just the presence of of Dartz-in-Noriko should make enough chaos that events should change. Slightly at first, but chaos has a tenancy to build and become experiential, so it is quite possible and believable that events could be very jumbled up, delayed, changed, or skipped. Fighting Angles out of order, having to fight two Angles at once, attracting an Angel (a Raphiel or Michale?) from outer space who wasn't in the Dead See Scrolls. Catching the interest or attention. of the First Ancestral Race (who made the Angles as an experiment.) The sky's the limit.

Some reading I'd recommend is Asic Asamov's "The Foundsation" trilogy. It deals with scenarios on a planet or galaxy wide reach over a thousand years. I could defiantly see the Cmdr and SEELE using Seldon Crisis to accomplish their goals. Jurasic Park by Michael Chriton deals in part with chaos. Pay attention to the character "Ian Malcom". And while the movie is good, the book is better (They had to chop sceans out to make for time.)

A fanfiction that would be good to read would be "Misty" by Mike Allen on . . It's a self insert, but it has some interesting ideas regarding self-inserts and character. you can find it at

groups. . /browse_thread/thread/8846b966bfbf831/e0492bf08853d22a?lnkgst&qMisty#e0492bf08853d22a

Thank you for writing, I hope that this review is helpful!

wingnut2292

ian.
tatewaki2000 chapter 9 . 9/24/2008
changing it up sounds Fantastic :P

nice chappy, a bit short, but still enjoyable.
Rose1948 chapter 8 . 8/18/2008
I'm liking this. ::nods::
The Mustachioed Cat chapter 8 . 7/27/2008
Haven't we had this conversation before? There are no "trousers" outside the British Isles. The rest of the English-speaking world has pulled a 28 Days Later and placed a sensible embargo on British idioms. I'm pretty sure all trousers were destroyed during Second Impact anyway. Only pants remain. If you want to be anachronistic, how about you make Noriko's father a Hari Krishna?

So is Haruhi in the story now? Or were you just being clever? That could be great meta-humor. Haruhi hires Rorschach from Watchmen to look into Noriko's past. Since you're so painfully from the Isles, the Ninth Doctor can show up in the TARDIS to prevent Rorschach from discovering that Noriko is in face a man in a young girl's body. I love it! GENIUS!

Think I said this about the first draft of this you did: Read like a novelization of the series with a character added in as a man-on-the-ground. Always fucking irritating to have a character, essentially all-knowing, just dicking around and twiddling her thumbs and having squeamish sex dreams about Shinji while the world comes down around her fucking ears. I've only read various renditions of the series' events about forty thousand motherfucking times now. How is this going to be different? Is Noriko going to defeat SEELE by trying to project the luck of the Irish on them? Who the fuck sits around waiting for EoE to happen?

Wrap-up:

1) If I catch another British idiom, I will PUNISH you. Tim Lebbon gets to do it because he's a great horror writer with millions of fans and dollars. Conversely, you have some Chinese takeout in the fridge.

2) Sticking slavishly to the series' chronology is going to make your story boring. Incredi-fucking-bly boring. Treat Noriko as the proverbial dead butterfly. Shit happens differently. Maybe throw some new Angels in. Still 13th and 14th and whatnot, but different form. Different outcome. Something someone would want to read, instead of registering which Angel is being fought and skipping ahead through the meticulously-crafted action sequences.

3) Lets assume for a moment that you aren't a coward, and you're smart enough to use a gun. Why aren't you (Noriko) stealing Misato's gun and shooting people until you feel certain EoE isn't happening? Why aren't you, say, phoning the UN to let them know about their secret puppetmasters? The press? Anything?
dylanredefined chapter 8 . 7/27/2008
Well written and great idea a real page turner thankyou
tatewaki2000 chapter 7 . 5/15/2008
Great fic. :)

Nicely done.
tatewaki2000 chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Fantastic revise.

the original was pretty good, but the writing in this fic is soo much better. :)

I do hope there will be slight variances or changes compared to the the first one though. Mix it up. _

There are some changes O.O a baby survived the crash AND I hope the plot has some more twists to keep it interesting.
Lagrange chapter 7 . 3/30/2008
Just finished reading this and the older versions, and I gotta say, you're doing a good job.

Your SI/OC comes off as very real, avoiding problems and hesitating in the face of danger the same way most real people do.
Ghost Man chapter 7 . 1/31/2008
Great re-write. I really enjoyed the first, but this really hits the nail on the head. I really appreciate how you use your words and characterization. I hope you continue. I'm hoping to restart...I've had my own share of problems you see.

However, good job, and I can't really give any dual-sided criticism, I will when the time comes. Jaa.
176 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »