Reviews for Pitiful
procol harum chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Best Jack story I've read. Seriously. I loved his characterization. The fact that he's angry and tough and not 'scared of his own shadow' is what makes it so great. All the stories on his past that I've read have him terrified because of what happened. I've always seen him as your way though. Yes, you get abused, you get scared. But then you get older, you begin to understand, and all you want is for people to think you're strong, able to deal with it - even if you aren't - and you showed it so well in Jack.
tearsXsolitude chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I would totally love you to continue this! i might actually die if you dont so please just think about it! your a great writer and to just end it like that is mean please keep the story going!
JustMaeBe chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
That was acutly unpleasnt. What in gods green earth posessed you to do that?
Brandi N. Jones chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Okay, wow. Allow me to preface this review by saying I usually read fics in this fandom that present Jack as this weak, frightened little boy. The naive, paranoid kid with the horrible past he is still running from.

I was so relieved to find yours. I like your perspective far better, to be honest. He's screwed up, granted, but he doesn't pity himself. He doesn't seem like the type.

It was a darling story, anyway. It had a bit of an edge (as well it should), but also was sweet and touching. I love the last few lines about his not being able to break the record because Evelyn won't give up like the others, and how he didn't hide his toothbrush because deep down, he knows he's safe. That's so effective, and so unbelievably cute without being nauseatingly sugary.

A fine job you have done here. You should be proud. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
jackysgal chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
this was great i would LOVE to know what happens next!
NoEqual chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
That was really good. I like how you didn't make Jack all meek and scared. Definetly a great writer. Hope you can continue more stuff like this.
xxdiscontinuedxx chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Broken and angry, it's a good idea. Most writers usually just work with the scared little kid story. Good luck, maybe you can make this work.
Pen Liddin chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
please continue!
Omnicat too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Very good. I can see you know what you're talking about here. I like it. Jack didn't seem really angry to me in the movie, but then again, he was older there, he would have mellowed. So, taking into account the time this is set in, it's pretty in-character and accurate to life. Good job.