Reviews for Commentarius
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2018
sham caster
(Part2)
Also, as much as you complain about the sorry, you still managed to read to chapter 32 (aka as much as we have at this moment until Bee blesses us with another update) so it obviously didn’t piss you off too much, you are just trying to be mean.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2018
Sham Caster
Stop being such a stupid reviewer, she’s a real person you know so there’s no need to leave such heartless and cruel comments. If you don’t like the story don’t read it, there’s no need to leave 3 separate reviews with your purposefully mean comments. Just go, this fandom doesn’t need someone like you spreading hate and general unpleasantness
Sham Caster chapter 32 . 2/3/2018
What a rubbish ending.I hate this stupid fucking bitch(I mean lilly).
Sham caster chapter 30 . 2/1/2018
Story is good, but why did you turn lilly into a stupid deluded meddlesome freak? No offence but I really really disgust this lilly, she doesn't have any backbone, always scared shirtless about other's gossips and opinions.I don't think real lilly is like this. If that so Harry will be dissapointed.
Sham caster chapter 28 . 2/1/2018
I like this but there are too much rubbish in the story like Lilly's stupid the chaps: are too long. I don't like the lilly in this story because she's such a dumb fucking fool.
Rafego chapter 32 . 1/27/2018
Part of me thought “What can I possibly say in this review that hasn’t been covered in the thousands of other comments you’ve received?” And, well, that part is probably right, but you don’t just let a story affect you that much and say nothing to the author in turn, so…

Wow…just wow Bee. First and foremost, thank you. This story captivated me far more than was probably healthy. I’ve been reading Commentarius over the past several weeks, and would have finished it much quicker if real life, work, etc. wasn’t a thing (ew). I’ve been going through a hard time, and this story became the thing that I would look forward to at the end of the day. Your words provided light into my life on days when nothing else had. I really mean that. There were times when I would have to put my phone down, place a hand over my face, and just sit there and shake with laughter like a right loon for several minutes. I had to start setting time limits for myself at night (so you know, I wouldn’t keep reading and be exhausted for work the next day). But that was very hard to keep…When I reached the passage about Lily losing track of time with George Abbott in the library, I cracked up, because the feeling was all too relatable. I would pass my nightly cut-off time thinking only minutes had passed (not over an hour), and then keep reading anyway because I was in the middle of such a good part of course!

You brought these characters –all of them- to life, and created moments that were so real and so tangible. You’ve made me miss my friends (all way too far away) terribly. You’ve made me remember time spent with them fondly. You’ve made me hope for the future, and thirst for it. You’ve given me moments of courage. You’ve given me insight. You’ve given me bursts of motivation, and inspiration, and more and really just everything a good piece of literature should. You create fabulous characters and provide great, rich, deep characterization to the already existing ones. It’s always hard to start reading a fanfiction for a series you love so much, I think, because you have to put trust in the author to handle your beloved characters faithfully. You didn’t disappoint at all. I’m able to ravish through your writing without fear. You handle this story beautifully, in all its messy visceral glory.

Special shout-out to your creation of Grace and Emma. I’ve read other fics where Lily’s friends just sort of blend together for me and I have a hard time remembering/discerning them from one another. Not the case here at all. You created such potent personalities for these two, and I feel like it just snuck up on me! I didn’t even realize it was happening; I just had this sudden realization of how well I felt like I knew them, that I could picture them so clearly. Bravo.

I also must say I am thoroughly impressed with how strong your voice is. You have the ability to go 2 years (according to one of your author’s notes) in-between updates, and have the following chapter read like you wrote it immediately after. You don’t even skip a beat. It’s like you’re able to jump right in and lay down the words as if they’ve just been lying dormant in your head waiting for you to release them. (I’m sure it takes far more effort than you make it seem like, but nevertheless: ) Impressive.

In author’s notes you’ve thanked US for being patient, still reading, etc. etc. –PSH! Um, thank YOU for putting up with us raving lunatics! We’re like hungry rabid dogs that you somehow still have the heart to care about and feed! And I can tell that you put SO MUCH effort into creating that food. Thank you for that. Thank you. I listened to your chapter 25 voice post, and loved the imagery you described of you agitatedly getting up and pacing around the beach every couple sentences. (Though I’m sorry that writing scenes like that cause you agitation,) I think just that shows how much of yourself you put into your writing. And it really, really pays off.

I purposefully gave myself a couple days after finishing chp 25/32 to cool off before I wrote this review. So, this is the part where I refrain from begging for an immediate update (because Merlin knows you get enough of that!), and instead I would like to thank you for keeping up such a great online presence. You don’t have to have an entire section of your blog dedicated to the next chapter, or give us periodic updates/snippets, or tell us anything really! But you do! And that does wonders for my sanity. Now with nothing currently left to read, I haven’t plunged into the depths of withdrawal and despair. Instead I’ve just plunged into the depths of withdrawal and hopefulness/anticipation/excitement. And really, that’s a lot better of a combo.

I’m usually pretty decent at imagining/creating my own future scenes, or picturing what could happen next in stories that I read, but you have put me to shame. You blindside me all the time with things I never even imagined would be in store! You truly do! With this novel you’ve written I hardly even try to picture what’s coming next anymore because it grossly pales in comparison to the shenanigans you concoct! I just buckle up and get ready for the ride! And I CANNOT WAIT to read the next chapter! Sorely looking forward to it!

I hope that this review finds you well one day, whenever you get the chance to read it. And I hope that life has some good karma in store for you soon—you certainly deserve it!

Till next time!

-R

P.S. I hope you like long reviews as much as I like long chapters! ;)
an Cheo an Glen chapter 32 . 1/24/2018
Hello! Just finished my first reread for the year, will probably will reread again at some point before 2018 is out. This fic never ceases to entertain me, I am still laughing as hard as I did when I first read it. I know from your Tumblr that you are still writing and its those sneak peaks that literally give me life! I hope you get round to officially updating soon, if anything to know if my theory about what Lily's illness is is right.
needia13 chapter 32 . 1/24/2018
Two things I avoid when looking for fanfics to read are fics written in the first person and fics written in diary format (or social media format etc)- I’ve just never liked them. Which is why I’ve never read this fic before, in all my many years on this site, even though I’ve read that’s it’s hailed as one of the GREATS. What an idiot I was. It all started out on tumblr when you posted an extract from the next chapter for someone’s birthday - I thought sure I’ll give it a go. And am I glad I did. Your fic drew me in, I found myself relating to Lily and her craziness and loving her karma and her inability to stay out of meddling. I loved your sweet James who is hiding so much and I love their “flighting” throughout! The other characters like MJ and Amos and Marley are just so nicer included and woven into the story. I love the fact that your fic isn’t centred around Voldemort and his uprising .. there are hints of it throughout but what prevails is Lily’s everyday dramas which had me laughing and smiling like a loon (often in public places). Maybe I shouldn’t like this fic- it’s long chapters have distracted me from many important things in life such as my Very Important PhD proposal due VERY soon and other important things like sleep - but I still can’t bring myself to hold any amniosity towards your or this wonderous fic. I couldn’t stop reading. I think you’ve ruined me for all other fanfics for a while! So I just want to say thank you, for putting all this effort into something I enjoyed so much (and sorry for doubting you and your fic for the past few years).
Guest chapter 32 . 1/21/2018
I’m begging you to finish this. ITS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. (Besides for the whole -not finished- part. 3)
Guest chapter 32 . 1/21/2018
IT’S 2018! YOU’RE DRIVING US CRAZY . WE ARE STILL WAITING , DO NOT FORGET US.
- your affectionate fans
Stripednosedhuman chapter 32 . 1/12/2018
Oh no oh no... every time! Lily you’re a silly bean! On the dirtiest reread think I may have understood Lily’s illness. For the life of me... WHAT IS JAMES TRYING TO SHOW HER
Stripednosedhuman chapter 1 . 1/9/2018
Rereading for the millionth time because I *just have a feeling* we will get an update soon *holds breath and turns blue* love to you Bee, as always xx
27Vespertine chapter 1 . 1/6/2018
Okay. I'm thoroughly confused. I've been half on half off this world due to a severe cold, fever, and low immune system because of chemotherapy, so forgive me for this wild assumption, but...

I woke up this morning, one hundred percent convinced that there was an update added to Commentarius. Which chapter? Ahem. Don't laugh. Chapter 37. (I know I know.)

It only took me half an hour and half my breakfast and chemopills to realize that I -very probably- just dreamed that bit up.

Nonetheless: I love Commentarius. It's been my companion through a lot of my worst days (I forgot if that was during chemo or after surgery) and I've read it about 2 times already. You made me laugh out loud with Lily's silly antics, and you made me absolutely fall in LOVE with James.

Thank you for that. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wishing you the best year ever!
Guest chapter 32 . 1/5/2018
WHAT? WHAT? HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS (even though I KNEW it wasn’t fjnished) I JUST. ITS SO? AMAZING? I NEED TO KNOW?! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT DONT DO THIS TO ME
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2018
Omg. Just finished the story! You seriously have a few comments for every month for the past four years telling u to update?! Can you please please please update. This is the best fanfic that I have ever read. You are bloody amazing.
3,720 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »