Reviews for Memento Mori
cat chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
that was...well, amazing! Poor poor dean, though. You write wonderfully. Keep up the great work!

By the by, did sam die on dean's 31st bday? bit confused, but i enjoyed the fic none the less!
bally2cute chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
That was indescribably sad. I didn't exactly know what was meant by the second time Dean died, until the clock started turning back and I got a clue, even though initially I thought Sam just went back to Normal, USA. I loved the style of this one. Each year...to have your birthday be a reminder of the end of your life...spiralling down the drain...You have a way with words, especially were Dean is concerned. This was amazing, beautiful, despairing...just a great read.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
This kinda made me want to crawl into a corner and cry for a couple hours. I had a feeling that Sam was dead from the beginning, because I really didn't think that Dean would go nine years without talking to his brother, especially when he'd already endured two years and probably hadn't handled it that well. But it was so subtle I just wasn't sure until Dean's 32nd. Great work on the subtlety.

I love the way you wrote this backwards. It added a lot to see Dean slowly go from Dean-like as he'd ever be again to only coping to barely coping to the day Sam died. So spooky and mysterious in it's own way.
Spectral Scribe chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Wow. This is fantastic. Deathfics tend to make me really sad, so I usually don't read them, but I read this for some reason and I'm so glad I did. I also tend not to surf around here a whole lot because, let's face it, there's a ton of crap on these boards mixed in with the good stuff that sometimes it takes a while to find the gems, and you give up. But I really wanted to read something today, and I clicked on this, and like I said, I'm SO GLAD I did.

This was just wonderfully set up. I LOVE how you counted backwards with the birthdays, and by doing so, gave hints as to what came before without really telling us. It's unique, from a story-writing perspective, and I think it worked perfectly for this. I was also wondering when the first time Dean died was, and why he hadn't spoken to Sam. At first I thought it was because Sam got a life after the demon, but then I wondered if Sam wasn't already dead... and that turned out to be the case. And you wrote it beautifully, just throwing us hints until you actually broke the news.

This fic was so sad, and so elegant. Thank you for posting such a good fic here; it was a real pleasure to read. I hope to read more of your stuff in the future.
MistyEyes chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Brilliant. Stunning. Beautiful.

God, now I'M emo. ;_;
snfan228 chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
I had to take a few minutes to calm myself down before I could leave a review. God, what is my sick obsession with deathfics? I think it's that they're always the most beautifully written pieces, as heartbreaking as they are. And yours was no exception. In the beginning of this story I thought the boys had simply had a falling out. Then as I kept reading, I though "Wow, that must have been one hell of a fight". Then I realized that there was too much time and too big of a hole, Dean would never let that happen no matter what words were said. And that's when the tears started. Dean's utter loneliness and weariness was just heartbreaking. You did such an amazing job writing this story. Dean's emotions pretty much poured off the page (er, screen) and punched me in the gut. You're an excellent writer, keep up the great work!

Ahah and thanks for the warning about the deathficathon, I'm soo gonna have to keep an eye out for that. And I totally don't think this is morbid at all. Seriously, I would ask for a deathfic for my birthday... what is wrong with that? ;-D lol
Adara-chan67 chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
Okay, so first of all, let me say that this story was great. It really was-very well written and everything, and very vivid. Made me want to cry. I didn't-I hardly ever cry-but I WANTED to, which to me is basically the same thing.

Second of all, let me say that even though I did love it, I really hope this morbid stuff isn't what you ALWAYS write. Because even if I haven't been reviewing because I'm really bad about that, I HAVE been reading your story "But For The Grace" obsessively, and I REALLY want that to end well. Like, really well.

And thirdly-and this is a really dumb question, so prepare for much laughter-did Sam die? I mean, it sounded like he died, but then the bit about how he never called...I get confused easily, so now I'm puzzled. That's okay, though, because it didn't take away from the angstiness at all...

Well, anyways, my compilments one more time! TTFN!

-Adara-chan