Reviews for A Different Kind of Soulmate
Tanaki Wolf chapter 6 . 12/11/2007
Oh, wow, amazing!

You did a good job with your non-Celebi Celebi, it was fairly accurate. I'll admit though, when I read the first few paragraphs, I pretty much guessed it was Celebi. I like the new move you came up with, it sound pretty powerful. And I am impressed at your storyline for this chapter! It was complex, but not too hard to follow.
brolly501 chapter 6 . 9/14/2007
interesting story
hailfire chapter 6 . 9/7/2007
More! Please? *Gives Bambi Eyes*
Trilobitemk7 chapter 6 . 9/7/2007
Would the Celebi in this fic be the same as in the movie (wich I haven't seen either), if not, well, it's an interesting thing to think about.
Colb-a-nater chapter 6 . 8/31/2007
srry that i wasn't able to read this eariler. it's just that school has started and i got my own stories to worry about and i got work for this institute yata, yata, yata.

anyway, alright we're really getting somewhere here! and go ashachu! WO! XD lol

wow, so ash has to stop another revolt? or he has to let it happen and save as many humans as he can?

don't worry about the celibi thing. i've never seen the movie either! lol

keep this up! it's getting better back the minute...or i should say word...or chapter...u get the point. lol
Shiguya Retomasi chapter 6 . 8/18/2007
...Words cannot truly express the turbulent emotions that this chapter has stirred within me, but I will do my best. Starting from such a heart wrenching moment of watching as Ash's best friend succumbing to the assault the last chapters action pitted her against, to the way that Celebi, the 'guardian of time' came down and started giving him a subtle 'high and mighty' speech the story takes myself, the reader on an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs unlike anything the 'official' Golden Boy could ever do. It's like...you can almost hear the sadness in his voice as he held her limp form...the barely contained rage at finding out he was just a puppet...and the confusion at being thrown into a new realm of existence. The only word that can truly express this work of fiction is...beautiful. A display of words, thoughts and emotions that tantalize the mind, pulling aside the silky curtain that separates the real world from dreams and creates a sort of middle ground. A place that such real emotions and the almost magical nature that you have woven into your words can come together; bringing yet another new life into what is a dying fandom.

In closing, I would like to express one last thing; a heartfelt thank you for showing this old rat that...even the most despised of characters can still become something more than what their first creator intended...a new light, shining through the decedent frame that is Ash Ketchum and ushering in a new day upon his character.
hailfire753 chapter 6 . 8/18/2007
Woah, I was right! Geez, I was just joking! I hope you did not re-write this chapter because of that!

Anyways, nice plot, Nice forshadowing for the evil to come. However, I do not think this chapter was as "beautiful" in its wording and grammar. Also, ash's trasformation was confusing, and you never described what he was thinking, what changes were taking place, and you did not clearly state that he was a pikachu. I don't want to be too critical, but you are a good writer, so I need to be uber-critical to make you improve.

Also, this is just an opinion, but I think you made ash too critical and angry. At least make him accept the gift better later. I mean, he loves pikachu, and now he can really be with her. Add more romance, and lighten the mood a little in the next chapter. Make ash appologise to pikachu and spend some quality time with her.

Good Luck!
Hailfire753 chapter 5 . 8/17/2007
WOW! I red ch1-5 in one day. Man, this is a great story! You are a pro. Keep it up!

I... can't find anything to critisize, so I'll just leave you with a sugestion.

Make ash turn into a pikachu! XD
Antithesis chapter 6 . 8/17/2007
Hm... interesting. Ash's reaction is actually pretty natural, and I like how you gave Celebi a pretty big character flaw. So now, the question is... where is the revolt coming from? dun dun DUN!
HAILFIRE753 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Yes. XD

GREAT idea, great writing style, great vocabulary, grammar and spelling. KEEP IT UP!
KyoxSakiFan chapter 5 . 8/13/2007
I have to say, I am VERY impressed with your writing style and how you managed to keep Ash and Pikachu in character, while showing us more of what goes on inside their heads. I also love this pairing, and think that its a shame that I can find so many videos and other stuff, but nobody seems to write fanfiction for this pairing. :( So I was really happy when I found your fic. keep writing! _
Nenilein chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
One of the best stories, I found around here! Its a really cool way to exlain, why Ash is so quiet on Mt. Silver! XD Its not wisedom, its boredom!

But anyhow, you made one big mistake:

Ashs Pikachu isnt female. Its male. Its even clarified in he anime as a male several times, and in the D/P-Series, Dawns female Buneary falls in love with Pikachu (no, Buneary isnt lepian!).

But thats not that bad, the most important thing is the plot, and its great!
Colb-a-nater chapter 5 . 7/17/2007
awesome action! i got a little confused at the part with the cave. too much discriptions got my mind wirling.

besides that, another great job! i started to wonder what happened to this story, but then this showed up. great job again!
Tigerprime chapter 5 . 7/16/2007
very very beautifully written this story is, now I can't wait to read chapter 6 once you've written it

Good luck with continueing this beautiful story
Shiguya Retomasi chapter 5 . 7/14/2007
I suppose it is true that great works of fanfiction can still rise from the ashes and continue strongly. I do diagree a bit with the opinion of being 'there right along Golden Boy and Pikachu', but your way with words is admirable. I do like how you showed Pikachu's POV on leaving the colony; such deep emotions, ones that rarely see the light of fanfiction over the usual 'buddy' system that most writers play up. Truly you at least are working toward understanding a deeper part of these characters; not just pulling a few strings and making your puppets dance.

Anyway, I am nearly on the edge of my seat waiting to see what else is in store for Golden Boy; something that I never really expected to happen. I guess...it's your way with words; weaving a tale beyond the normal; bringing a new life into time worn characters and warming this rather jaded rat's heart.
221 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »