Reviews for A Different Kind of Soulmate
New and Old chapter 15 . 1/9
Wow. Nice ending. satisfactory and everything.
Crystal Hope Dragon chapter 15 . 1/7
It was perfect. I skipped sleep tonight just to read it. A great take on a major issue most fans like to ignore, that just so happens to include my OTP. It was detailed, well thought out, managed to handle a mass amount of characters while still giving them all a part, in character for all mains while still incorporating the changes that could pass thought time, and more creative then most pokemon fanfiction that I've read in the last few years. It was amazing, please keep up the great work.
Schizophrenic Eevee chapter 14 . 12/28/2014
Sorry, I hit post accidentally. My review continues here.

The main plot point of the story wasn't unveiled until later than I thought it should- I felt the first five chapters, while great in their own right, felt enormously detailed as compared to the final two chapters. Anyway, enough about the pacing now.

The encounter with the Pikachu clan was the highlight of the story in my opinion. You managed to convey a huge amount of emotion in that time, and I think it really was necessary, as we needed to see more of Ash's Pikachu side. Pikachu's character was extremely well done. I cannot go on enough describing how greatly your skills were shown in developing her character. Her jealousy and lust was shown constantly through her character, which was extremely interesting.

I think you absolutely nailed the ending- I mean, the part with Ash's decision. Pikachu's outburst was full of emotion in the best possible way, and the mixture of hatred, longing, pain, and sadness was shown in what I consider the most realistic way possible. Pikachu never went out of character, and that final- and only- show of emotions towards Ash was wonderful ans terrifying. Amazing job with the ending.

If any one writer for the TV show had one ounce of the skill you had in developing these characters it would be an amazing show. You blew me away with this gripping story and I was sad to see it end. You even managed to have some legitimate tear-jerking moments. You professionally edited it, with little to no grammar mistakes. I would love to see more from you in the future. A response would be greatly appreciated. :)

Great job, and thanks for the ride.
Schizophrenic Eevee chapter 15 . 12/28/2014
Wow, what a ride.

I picked up this story a few days ago and couldn't put the thing down. It's rare to see this kind of attention to detail even in professional literature. It was gripping from the very beginning and held on to the reader all the way through. I'm going to go more in depth into the pacing later.

When I saw the title and the description I judged the story by its cover, literally. I like to stay away from all forms of shipping, especially something like this- not a fan of bestiality. But of course this is the transformation section and I could see where you could go with this. I'm very very glad I stuck with it in the end.

Now I know this may not have been defined in 2007 but Ash's Pikachu is most definitely a boy, although that seems rather nitpicky. Author's license, I guess.

The character development shown in these 15 short chapters is amazing. The stereotypical Ash/Pikachu relationship wasn't thrown out the window, but rather was taken to the next level and explained further. I liked the idea of their strengths complementing each other's weaknesses. The character of Gary and his relationship with Ash was really great. Each of Ash's pokemon had a specific personality that fit so well and was very believable. Great job working with the characters.

If I had to name the greatest weakness with the story, I would have to say it would be the pacing. While each chapter provided a great amount of depth to each character and really gave the reader time to think (which is what all literature should hope to achieve), I feel that the final battle, which was the main point of the story, was compressed into 2 chapters in a way that felt rushed. If you had extended the story just a few chapters more and kept that great attention to detail which you had done so well earlier it would have been amazing, not to say the current execution was bad. An epilogue would have done the story well.
He-who-runs-into-walls chapter 13 . 12/26/2014
I love Cyndaquil so your little pyromaniac is perfect
Foxyjosh chapter 15 . 12/23/2014
Thanks for the amazing journey!
Dustchu chapter 15 . 12/20/2014
Holy... crap... that ending... made me giddy and happy inside.
Thunder... Man when I first came onto this story I fell in love with it, cause Pikashipping is my main ship. And I was saddened when there wasn't any updates for... how long was it? IDK, but I don't have to tell you I am damn happy with how this turned out.

I mean, holy crap... You wrote this out so well, and Ash and Pikachu's relationship was just freaking amazing. I love how they interacted, and... I'm just speechless with how well you've improved and how amazing this story turned out! I'm flabbergasted.

I honestly love seeing stories to the end, and its nice to see another Pikashipping story I love all the way through, granted I expected something only /slightly/ different in the ending, I am still pleased with how it turned out, and with Ash's choice.

I smell a sequel, but that's just me and according to you, you're really slow, and the chances of one is non-existent xD

Well Thunderstar... I just want to say, thanks for writing this story and seeing it through to the end, and thanks for making me smile. I love it man, and you are an awesome writer!

Keep up the ever so amazing work man, and I will see you next time!

Peace friends!

Dustchu
Dustchu chapter 14 . 12/20/2014
Ooohoohoohoohoo. Raichu is jelly :D
huehuehue eue, PIKASHIPPING!

KEEP IT UP!

MEW! I LOVE YOU!

Who is this mysterious stranger I wonder?

Keep it up!
Dustchu chapter 13 . 12/20/2014
Awesome chapter! man, this story has come a long way since I first discovered it... man, its hard to believe its ending soon in the next two chapters ;;

Man, awesome flipping work!
Dustchu chapter 12 . 12/20/2014
Another well done chapter! nicely done man! this was great!
I loved it!

Flipping Meowth evolved? D and Pikachu and Meowth... past stuffs.

Keep it up!
denis.d2505 chapter 15 . 12/18/2014
I truly loved this story, some parts felt unclear towards the end, but atleast we got closure.

I noticed that you didnt incorporate many of the movies that happened during his journey or their implications. (meeting Arceus and so forth)

But Its still a work of literature worthy of respect. Faved and Followed
Dustchu chapter 11 . 12/18/2014
Ermergerd, not only has this been updated, but its finished!? :D
Awesomeness! I love it!

Dude, this chapter was beyond awesome. I loved it! good flipping work on this!
I have a few thoughts on how this ends... hehe.

Good show man!
caitou zzzzzz chapter 15 . 12/18/2014
amazing ending and i don't think it was rushed at all. It seems ash decided to stay a pikachu and i think i saw that coming from the start. I am slightly curious about whether lance figured out what happened in the end and if delia and oak figured out his choice. I love how ho oh fate is now in the hands, i mean paws of ash and pikachu. quite clever. nice job and am glad you completed the story.
SneakyDevil chapter 15 . 12/17/2014
Wow. That's really all I can say I mean this story was one of the first ones I found and its unique very much so, so much so that is only 1 that I found in the Pokémon section after reading nearly 1000 stories. Back when I first discovered it I have lost hope that it was never going to be finished but thankfully now 7 years later it is. So thank you, thank you for everything.

-SneakyDevil
coaster3000 chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
This is an amazing start on something great. I am grateful to have had the email shot to me from a group on a new story being added.
229 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »