Reviews for A Different Kind of Soulmate
Guest chapter 15 . 2/2/2015
You did far too well with this story, it has been a month since I read it and I still cant help thinking about it. (You know it was good and well written when you can remember it as it actually happening instead of remembering reading it.)
I cant say a lot about the beginning of this story because I admittedly only started a third of the way through but what I did read made me feel amazing and therein lies the problem. The better something make you feel, the worse you feel when it is taken away and I felt like I had been ripped in half when I had finished.
Even now, a month after reading the book trying to forget it, I still feel like there is a part of me missing.
A part if this may be also be to do with how the author is improving and changing alongside the story and yourself as you slowly get deeper into it, allowing everything to mix together better.
The only flaw I would say there is with this story is that everything ends too suddenly, there is only a small buffer between the chaos and the calm ending.
Overall a great read with too good of a story and a rather sudden ending that leaves you torn up and scattered all over.
Shadowfox178 chapter 1 . 1/31/2015
i loved this chapter i found it very entertaining
Guest chapter 15 . 1/22/2015
You have forever dulled pokemon fanfiction as I will never be able to read another without comparing it with this. This will win every time
Ahbrother chapter 15 . 1/13/2015
This is probably the first time I ever reviewed but this ... I don't even know what to call it because it is more then just any old story. This story is probably one of the best pokemon fanfiction i have read to this date and I have read a lot. I'm very happy I have read your fanfiction and hope you do this well with the rest of your fanfictions
Daniel1122 chapter 15 . 1/12/2015
Oh this was great, i wouldn't even mind an epilogue after a year... dem feels at the end :(
NewandOld chapter 15 . 1/9/2015
Wow. Nice ending. satisfactory and everything.
Crystal Hope Dragon chapter 15 . 1/7/2015
It was perfect. I skipped sleep tonight just to read it. A great take on a major issue most fans like to ignore, that just so happens to include my OTP. It was detailed, well thought out, managed to handle a mass amount of characters while still giving them all a part, in character for all mains while still incorporating the changes that could pass thought time, and more creative then most pokemon fanfiction that I've read in the last few years. It was amazing, please keep up the great work.
Schizophrenic Eevee chapter 14 . 12/28/2014
Sorry, I hit post accidentally. My review continues here.

The main plot point of the story wasn't unveiled until later than I thought it should- I felt the first five chapters, while great in their own right, felt enormously detailed as compared to the final two chapters. Anyway, enough about the pacing now.

The encounter with the Pikachu clan was the highlight of the story in my opinion. You managed to convey a huge amount of emotion in that time, and I think it really was necessary, as we needed to see more of Ash's Pikachu side. Pikachu's character was extremely well done. I cannot go on enough describing how greatly your skills were shown in developing her character. Her jealousy and lust was shown constantly through her character, which was extremely interesting.

I think you absolutely nailed the ending- I mean, the part with Ash's decision. Pikachu's outburst was full of emotion in the best possible way, and the mixture of hatred, longing, pain, and sadness was shown in what I consider the most realistic way possible. Pikachu never went out of character, and that final- and only- show of emotions towards Ash was wonderful ans terrifying. Amazing job with the ending.

If any one writer for the TV show had one ounce of the skill you had in developing these characters it would be an amazing show. You blew me away with this gripping story and I was sad to see it end. You even managed to have some legitimate tear-jerking moments. You professionally edited it, with little to no grammar mistakes. I would love to see more from you in the future. A response would be greatly appreciated. :)

Great job, and thanks for the ride.
Schizophrenic Eevee chapter 15 . 12/28/2014
Wow, what a ride.

I picked up this story a few days ago and couldn't put the thing down. It's rare to see this kind of attention to detail even in professional literature. It was gripping from the very beginning and held on to the reader all the way through. I'm going to go more in depth into the pacing later.

When I saw the title and the description I judged the story by its cover, literally. I like to stay away from all forms of shipping, especially something like this- not a fan of bestiality. But of course this is the transformation section and I could see where you could go with this. I'm very very glad I stuck with it in the end.

Now I know this may not have been defined in 2007 but Ash's Pikachu is most definitely a boy, although that seems rather nitpicky. Author's license, I guess.

The character development shown in these 15 short chapters is amazing. The stereotypical Ash/Pikachu relationship wasn't thrown out the window, but rather was taken to the next level and explained further. I liked the idea of their strengths complementing each other's weaknesses. The character of Gary and his relationship with Ash was really great. Each of Ash's pokemon had a specific personality that fit so well and was very believable. Great job working with the characters.

If I had to name the greatest weakness with the story, I would have to say it would be the pacing. While each chapter provided a great amount of depth to each character and really gave the reader time to think (which is what all literature should hope to achieve), I feel that the final battle, which was the main point of the story, was compressed into 2 chapters in a way that felt rushed. If you had extended the story just a few chapters more and kept that great attention to detail which you had done so well earlier it would have been amazing, not to say the current execution was bad. An epilogue would have done the story well.
He-who-runs-into-walls chapter 13 . 12/26/2014
I love Cyndaquil so your little pyromaniac is perfect
Foxyjosh chapter 15 . 12/23/2014
Thanks for the amazing journey!
Dustchu chapter 15 . 12/20/2014
Holy... crap... that ending... made me giddy and happy inside.
Thunder... Man when I first came onto this story I fell in love with it, cause Pikashipping is my main ship. And I was saddened when there wasn't any updates for... how long was it? IDK, but I don't have to tell you I am damn happy with how this turned out.

I mean, holy crap... You wrote this out so well, and Ash and Pikachu's relationship was just freaking amazing. I love how they interacted, and... I'm just speechless with how well you've improved and how amazing this story turned out! I'm flabbergasted.

I honestly love seeing stories to the end, and its nice to see another Pikashipping story I love all the way through, granted I expected something only /slightly/ different in the ending, I am still pleased with how it turned out, and with Ash's choice.

I smell a sequel, but that's just me and according to you, you're really slow, and the chances of one is non-existent xD

Well Thunderstar... I just want to say, thanks for writing this story and seeing it through to the end, and thanks for making me smile. I love it man, and you are an awesome writer!

Keep up the ever so amazing work man, and I will see you next time!

Peace friends!

Dustchu chapter 14 . 12/20/2014
Ooohoohoohoohoo. Raichu is jelly :D
huehuehue eue, PIKASHIPPING!

Who is this mysterious stranger I wonder?

Keep it up!
Dustchu chapter 13 . 12/20/2014
Awesome chapter! man, this story has come a long way since I first discovered it... man, its hard to believe its ending soon in the next two chapters ;;

Man, awesome flipping work!
Dustchu chapter 12 . 12/20/2014
Another well done chapter! nicely done man! this was great!
I loved it!

Flipping Meowth evolved? D and Pikachu and Meowth... past stuffs.

Keep it up!