Reviews for Knight Manoeuvres
icecoldfairy chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was awesome :) I have a soft spot for chess analogies
NongPradu chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
God that was beautiful. Just effing beautiful. Funny, cute, touching, and positively inspired.

You are officially one of my favourites. Wish you had more, though. :)
riquitv chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
beautiful story, thanks :)
kristi chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Good story!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Beautifully, beautifully written, especially with Dean seeing himself as the pawn. Lovely characterisation, solid ending. Love it all. (though I gasped in horror envisioning the Impala pink! Gah!)

Concrit: Some minor spelling errors that you can sharpen up and make this perfect: Lose' is spelled with one 'o' not two as you have written (not 'loose'), and 'Coco' should be spelled 'cocoa'

Cheers,

Sera
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
'Jim's smile was the antonym of sin'-a masterpiece!
SadeLyrate chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
This was indeed a lovely little piece.

The last line's definitely the greatest jewel in this crown, especially since it's essentially a repetition of an earlier statement.

The characters are, far as we can tell, spot on, though I have to admit that thinking of John as 'queen' was more hilarious than it really ever should be...;)

Thank you for this! This brought a smile to my lips!
Winter chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
WOW! That was great. I know a little about chess and I ;ike how you assigned the pieces to each character. Dean thinking himself a pawn was amusing but Sam's right he's definitely a Knight ;-)
hermitme chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
This was very good. I loved the way you used chess to describe the characters and show their strength and vulnerability. Good job. And yes, Dean is a knight.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
I liked how this could have gone two ways - either Dean winning and reaffirming he will take care of Sam, or the way you went - Dean losing, but with a quiet dignity and self-assurance that Sam can see, even if Dean can't.

And I loved the last line.

Awesome one-shot!
Estelio nin chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
That was good! I like how you used chess to show us how Dean thinks and feels about people. I also liked how you had Dean belittle himself and make himself a pawn, then how Sam says that he sees Dean as a knight.

Good Job!

... a possible sequal?...hehe...
JulesandEve chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
I like the reference to Jefferson, he doesn't show up in many fanfic and i've always wondered about him. I also like the way Sam doesn't like thinking about himself as more important, but that Dean is his most important person. It's sweet. There was possibly room for a little more explanation as to who Jefferson was, and I am assuming 'Danvers' is Caleb or Joshua, right? That wasn't so clear. Maybe another story? Jim and Dean are too cute. Jim is good for Dean, he needs more people rooting for him.

Thanks for the story