Reviews for If You Listen Closely The Answer Will Come
anduhm chapter 5 . 7/18/2014
Please continue. It is a lovely story. You have a great talent in writing. I will wait for your next update. Thank you and please write more.
BroJoeJoe chapter 5 . 3/29/2014
Hey! :D I really, REALLY enjoyed this!
A Whisper of The Heart is still my favourite Ghibili movie, and contrary to some other people's thoughts, I loved the slower kind of pacing you have going for it. I genuinely can believe your own interpretation being what would happen if the movie continued on after the credits, and it was clear that any research you may have done helped achieve this. All of the characters still felt true to themselves, the dialogue was great! And I particularly loved the inclusion of the making up of Shizuku and Sugimura (I thought you expressed it perfectly, the element of him just wanting to protect her and set her on a clear path was a great explanation for it all, in my opinion).
I tried not to comment on this piece, but I couldn't resist in the end.
You have a very evident writing talent, and the work you have done has fed the very hunger I've been left with for a long time - ever since the credits rolled upon first watching the movie.
Thank you so much for sharing your gems with the world! I know that I for one, love it, and that it has made my day stumbling upon this randomly. Keep up with the great work! You've got yourself another fan. :P
Chinatsuuu chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
I really, really adore this story! Whisper of the Heart is my all time favorite movie too, it's so inspirational and beautiful, just like the way your story is for me, I hope you can update soon, and even if it takes months I'll still wait :)
CC the Bug chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
I really like this :)
Guest chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
GREAT! And keep in mind to slowly build up the romance
TyaraPearl chapter 3 . 12/21/2012
Dear Author,
In my opinion the story is so beautiful and romantic as well..but I think it turned to be a bit boring and uninteresting..why don't you add this little part of my idea...Seiji's father came to city..to visit his only son..by any chance.. he is also an author of the best-book-seller in america(or anywhere he live)then.. Shizuku and Seiji's father had a little chit-chat.. and it gave Shizuku an idea...'why don't I visit Seiji at France in Summer break!'...i hope you can accept this little part with an open-minded...if you don't accept this.. you can always add another story by yourself :)

TyaraPearl *.*
AliceMadder22 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I loved it!
Ian chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
This is my favorite Studio Ghibli movie. Your story is going exactly how I pictured the rest of the movie to continue, if it did. I want to write a fan fiction too someday soon, but it must take an awfully long time, so I really admire your story. You should continue!
PrayerSenshi chapter 2 . 11/4/2009
i like it. keep on going.
IchigoXLawliet10 chapter 2 . 3/3/2009
OMG please update SOON!
Thundercat chapter 2 . 10/13/2008
Good story so far.

1) The official spelling of Baron's last name is Von Gikkingen. It's spelled with a "G" in The Cat Returns anime and manga.

2) You might want to read AND watch The Cat Returns. It's a spin off from Whisper. Miss Aoi Hiiragi says it's a story written by Shizuku about one of Baron's adventures. He saves a human girl named Haru from a crazy Cat King and an unwanted marrage. In the end Haru gets a chrush on him. PS He dosen't seem to mind one bit! :) He dosen't even reject her.

Trust me, you really should check out The Cat Returns because it'll keep your story in sync with Hiiragi's work.
ItalicsInIndigo chapter 2 . 11/20/2007
Please keep going! You have a lovely grasp of language, your words flow so smoothly and the pictures you conjure up are so vivid and real. I love this, please update soon!
Leilani22 chapter 2 . 11/4/2007
Wow, how in the world did you write such an amazing story? I can't wait til the next chapter comes out, so please update soon.
Ever So Sweetly chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
that was really adorable - whisper of the heart is my ultimate favorite ghibli movie. I would love to hear more of your stuff in the future n_n
Tortured Artist chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
It's a vague beginning. It doesn't give me any indication as to where you're going with this story, which makes me disinterested in reading further. And by the way, Whisper of the Heart is not a Miyazaki movie. The movie was made by Ghibli and Miyazaki did produce the movie, but he didn't direct it.