Reviews for Five Stages
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
About the drinking.

The smoking.

The truth.

-My eyes got wide at this. My Sam? I've never read a story that had him smoking in it. Well done!

He’d eat vicodin like candy and ride the H-train and dance with Mary Jane and...

He drops his head into his hands and a sound leaks through his fingers. It might be a sob. It might be laughter. Sam can’t tell the difference.

After the run in with Croatoan sleep has been a fond memory.

But he’s tire of waiting. He’s tired of Dad ringing the bell and waiting to see how high he and Dean will jump.

When they stop in Madison for cheap gas and cheaper sandwiches, Sam really wants a cigarette.

Sam opens his mouth to say, Look, you’re my brother and I’d die for you. But there are some things I need to keep to myself.

To say, I love you.

To say, I’m sorry Dad died, but I have never been sorry, not once, that you lived.

But the words that come out are, "You don’t suck all of the time."

Dean smiles. "You do." And he laughs.

-Amazing.

Dean’s mouth drops open as if Sam has just produced a small baby from his pocket. Or a beating heart.

-Priceless.

"Wait’ll you see the look on your face after I make you eat the whole pack."

-Perfect.

He doesn’t like secretive Sam. And he hates secretive smoking Sam.

The Impala screeches to a halt. Dean jumps out the car. "Sam! What the FUCK!"

Panic clamps an icy hand around Dean’s throat. He tries to choke out Sammy, but the name is barbed wire.

-Perfect imagery.

"I think your Daddy would be a little disappointed in you," The Demon says thoughtfully.

Sam lifts his chin in defiance. "I don’t."

-You tell him!

"Are you all on some quest to die for Dean?" He huffs. "I met Dean, Sammy. He's not that great."

-Rude.

"This is for my Mom," Sam cries and pushes. There are tears on his face. The heat dries them to soot covered tracks.

"This is for me," he whispers and thinks fire.

-Brilliant.

It's a pure, honest, joyful smile.

It's a look Dean hasn't seen in a long time. He can't resist it.

Ash floats briefly around their heads like bits of memory.

And then drifts away.

Another amazing story! I'm so glad I found you :)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Great story! I know who Ava is...I've read the spoilers. Anyway, I'm thrilled to read something about the demon being killed. I loved the way you had Sam take him out. Absolutely marvelous...and let them both live!

Really, really, good.
Manhattan SVU chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
Wow. That was amazing. This was one of the best one-shots that I've read ever. Everything about it was great. And one of my favorites ]

Wonderful Job! Keep up the great work! Hope to see more stories from you in the future.
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Interesting. Though I don't think the demon could be killed with fire, I liked the story and how you layed it out. It was good. :)
TraSan chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Very cool.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Oh gosh, that was simply amazing. I loved it. I've always wanted to read somebody's theory about how the demon is killed and this is the PERFECT way. Thank you. I thoroughly appreciate it. Oh wow, this just made my day.
SingingLaLa chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Wow...this is an amazing fic. Very well written and definitely in character. The Samgirl in me love love loves it. The demon may have plans for Sam, but since when does Sammy follow what other people have planned for him? I would love for the show to have something like this happen. This story is going in my favorites. :)
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Buffy, I LOVE this! I was so afraid you were going to let Sam sacrifice himself, but instead you let the boys have a happy ending! It's neat to see a story where Sam gets some credit for being able to keep things from his brother. Usually fanfic writers make it so Dean sniffs out the secret before Sam even has a chance to let it show. But here, you put Sam's secret-keeping abilities to good use. After all, he didn't tell Dean about the visions for eight episodes, so I'd say he definitely CAN keep Dean from knowing he smokes. Or drinks. Or that he wants to have a major showdown with the demon. Whatever. ;D

Oh man, SO COOL to see the demon die the death he truly deserves - one exactly equal to the deaths he's forced upon so many innocents. And way to go, Sammy! Kicking that demon butt all the way back to Hell where he belongs. I'm so happy Dean allowed himself to smile at the end, when he sees how relieved of his burden Sam now is. Such an AW... moment. I love those two brothers so much. And you write them so well.

Lovely one-shot, Buffy. Can I borrow your muse for a while? Just a LITTLE while, I swear! ;D
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 1/4/2007