Reviews for Wages of Sin
MOONLIGHT SHADOW HUNTRESS chapter 4 . 3/26/2013
I really enjoyed this little four-shot.

Nevan rocks! :)
Tikigod784 chapter 4 . 7/14/2010
Surprisingly Tasteful, given the content. ;3
Lady Tiger-eye chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
In a lot of ways, this story is the capstone to this set. It's funny, sweet and sexy all at once.

The first two stories have a distance to them that give them the feel of long ago memories. "Lightning," the Vergil story, and this one have an immediacy that gives them a real punch. A nicely done contrast that works really well.

I love the way you have Nevan size up every man she meets. And her accurate assessments are so on target! Her delight in Dante's vigor, raw power and cleverness is genuine.

I adore your take on Dante. What a young stallion! And his pillow talk! "Fuck," indeed! You have his character down to a T.

What's this nonsense I read you saying that you don't write lemon very well. As a reader, and a writer, I'm here to tell you it doesn't get much sexier than the scene in this story. You handle it well with emphasis on the sensual and emotional, not the mechanics or the crude.

And I loved the way you ended this story and this set. The phrases "his dark lady, his muse." and "his secret sin, his guilty pleasure" are so vivid and decriptive! And so in keeping with Dante's character and emotions!

The tag line, "She had fun wearing him down." is a real winner.

You write very well. None of this unprofessional bs of misspellings, poor grammar, lousy punctuation and no proof-reading. You take pride in your work, and well you should! It's a pleasure to read your stuff, and I'm more than happy to tell you something I think you need to hear. You do a good job!
Lady Tiger-eye chapter 3 . 2/16/2007
At the risk of being thought rude and facetious, I can't resist saying, "Another one bites the dust!" You make Nevan such an awesome bad girl. It's so funny how she thinks that with a little shaping up Vergil can be her sexual partner, her ticket out and her means of revenge. She is always using her "resources" to her best advantage.

The sex scene is, well, sexy. It's discreet, vivid and very delicious. Nicely lemon, without being over the top.

I love the way you have Vergil, blind to opportunity, move on in the quest for his father's power. Poor, dumb lo-o-o-oser.
Lady Tiger-eye chapter 2 . 2/16/2007
God, I love the way you have Nevan plot and scheme. Your descriptions and observations about Sparda, as seen through her eyes, are insightful and believable. The relationship you gave them, more partners and co-warriors than lovers, is quite fascinating.

I love the way she appreciates him being "a gentleman." And I like the subtle implications that he was fond of her in his own way when you have him making sure she wasn't at the betraying feast to be killed out of hand by Mundus.

You write a clever tale, well-grounded and convincingly driven.
Lady Tiger-eye chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Your handling of the character of Nevan is astute. She is the quintessential Seductress, but the background and motivation you have given her adds depth and interest to her actions. You have made her into one smart cookie. She uses her men, but she also adores them. She is aware of their faults, but she doesn't hold their faults against them.

You use telling turns of phrase: "changed as the winds of war blew.", "from princess to mere spoil of war.", "His abandonment had cooled her blood and her desire to punish him had also cooled in the tower.", "a thunderous woman who wielded him as her blade", "She had left him there, walked away witha toss of her hair and a swing of her hips into the dark and stormy night." They give you a distinct and colorful writer's voice.

I love the electrical images you used throughout this story. And I love the way Nevan is always the subtle power behind the throne. You do good work!
ScarQueen chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
I like this. ) (You write some pretty wicked stories!) This is a different take on Nevan, a succubus addicted to the power of others-if addicted is the word to use-rather than a power force in herself, although she's still not one to be underestimated. Beautiful language use, you paint stunning pictures. The side looks at hell's designs are interesting, as far as the demon ranking and your position in hell goes, it's ingenius. Is this story complete as it is or do you plan on adding to it? I almost want to read more of Nevan, but on its own, this piece stil rocks. ) Awesome work!
Ellie chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
To be honest... I am not a Nevan pairing fan. I prefer Dante and Vergil to either remain single or be with each other. However I must compliment you on your writing style. You have a LOT of talent and I know for a fact it will take you far. I will most definitely be looking into your other works. I don't want you to misunderstand though. I love Nevan's character. I just don't like her paired up with anyone. Some women should remain free for the sake of yaoi, yuri and erotica lovers such as me :)