Reviews for The fairies in the wood
Her Fantasy chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I love it! Luna is my favorite character, and you got her just right in this story. How very like Luna to have secret fairy friends! The fairies are also nicely done - beautiful, carefree, laughing girls. And the last line was really wonderful, too. I really enjoyed reading this.
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
I would be Luna's friend if I went to Hogwarts. She's so nice, and she's just odd in a quiet way, it's not like she tries to be odd to get attention and be annoying. It's just who she is. I really like her.

I love how Luna told the faeries not to be mean to the girls that had been mean to her. She's the kind of person that would do that, you know. I loved it, as always.
Luna Obsessed chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Beautiful.

Your writing gets better over the months.

I love how Luna is amongst the fairies.

The second to last paragraph, about the other girls being relieved that she was back, made me smile. It's nice to see that they have some guilt deep down, for their actions.

Nice description too.
Starshinesoldier chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
I love all your Luna stories, i'm a bit slow.. but i think... if i'm reading all the stories right, that your hinting Luna's mother is a fey/fairy right? Or a nymph of some sort. anyways, i love that idea. Love the way you right Luna's character. She's still has her Lunaish vibe, unlike some stories that turn her into.. well, an ordinary lovesick(or whatever) girl.
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
Wow! this is wonderful! great job.
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
This was beautiful! I loved the description ... parts like this "her tears dried and her eyes sparkling once again - sparkling of delight and happiness, sparkling with moon and stars and the light of the fairies." were wonderful. It's one of your most Luna-ish fics, I think - every line has a Luna feel! If that actually makes sense, haha. I know what I mean :)

This is going on my favs ... I really like it!
fledge chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Another beautiful little story. Here, it seems, the fairies are somewhat differentfrom the thistledown-haired man, and A LOT different from Terry Pratchett's. More like Shakespeare's, actually, or even like the Eloi. Are elves and fairies the same?Beautiful descriptions. And of course they will not understand the idea of tears. Good for Luna to have them as her friends. And so very typical that she won't allow them to pay her classmates back for their teasing - it wouldn't be very nice.

Teacher's note:

a torrent is a wild raging strem of water - a turret is a small tower; a blank mirror is empty, one that reflects the light is shiny; and your story reveals something about the nature of fairies, but Luna's roommates are relieved that she seems to be ok again.
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
I really liked your beginning, narrating from the "we" perspective.
Perceval23 chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Great, as always.

The fairies' call is always very tempting, and would be especially so to Luna considering her mother's family. It's half of her heritage, after all.

And, I'm guessing these are the "others" Ginny warned Umbridge about in the other story? Hmm... How does Ginny know about them? Maybe there's a story, there?
ejays17 chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Thanks for this - I love a well-written Luna story!

This is "my" Luna, not a complete flake/air-head, but living in her own (perfectly rational to her) world.

I can just imagine her knowing the fairies in the wood & having some part of her always wanting to be with them. The last line/paragraph was just lovely.

And you've also captured her isolation from the others of her year, as well as the unthinking cruelty of kids teasing:

"In the Ravenclaw tower, a bed stood empty. The girls avoided to look at it, avoided each other's eyes. Surely, 'Loonie' was only out for one of her usual evening strolls. Surely, she hadn't taken it to heart that much. Surely, they hadn't been THAT bad."

And people so often ARE! And they don't realise it until much later.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
That made me sniffle a bit. A very believable insight into Luna's life in Ravenclaw tower. Of course they put the stupid old book back on her bed - but their teasing brought her to tears.