Reviews for Digimon Adventure 02: The Story We Never Told
Cool Guest chapter 2 . 7/6/2022
Because the premise here is Digimon 02 but Darker much of what is different makes me feel like it will be cause for conflict and potential grief.

Strange change that the kids weren't told time in the Digiworld had synchronized with the human world by the time the path between the two words had closed and they had to return at the end of their first adventure.
Hope that isn't because the author forgot that's how the first series ended in canon, and instead is foreshadowing for something.

It annoys me that the story describes Armadillomon as "doubling in size" when Digivolving and Hawkmon "body expanded to twice it's size". It also described Gatomon as being half as strong with her ring damaged. Which is equally ridiculous, no, it's even more, Gatomon at full strength can take on multiple champion level Digimon on her own. Knocking down the giant monsters with ease. Half of that would be far from helpless!
Would have been better to just say increase in size and reduced strength. Better to be vague than outrageously incorrect in any given description.

Matt comes off as a Jerk immature prat.

Davis comes off as a secretly clever character, with how he instantly figured out the emperor had spies an/or cameras and that the Digimon wearing armor were Cody and Yolei partners.
Cool Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2022
Interesting decision in making four of the five choose children 7th graders. There is a difference between how hormonal are children at 7th grade vs 5th grade, but I would think most people wouldn't care about two years enough to make the switch over from their ages in Canon.

One quip I got was with the part that said Veemon grew twice his size as he evolved. If it had said he grew twice David's size it would have still been an undershot of his size increase.

Tho not sure the new three members are even choosen children in this story, with the way the digidevices ended up in the garbage rather than shooting towards each person it seems they were just in the right place at the right time, and if they happen to also be able to embody some of the virtues required to digievolve their digimons that is just a lucky coincidence.
SwifteForeverAndAlways chapter 70 . 1/6/2022
I found this story from tvtropes and decided to try it out. I grew up with Digimon Adventure and 02, so to see this take on it was like a breath of fresh air. Using the English names as nicknames/online names of the Japanese names is the perfect way to honor both the dub and the original anime. The entire storyline also explains out some of the oddities of the original anime. I just really enjoyed this fic!
Omega1999 chapter 70 . 11/28/2021
One of the digimon story that has a great story
XaoOfTheMists chapter 42 . 12/30/2020
For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that you'd aged up Iori from 8/9 to 10/11. He doesn't quite come off as an eleven year old I'm afraid, particularly with how short you still describe him as.
XaoOfTheMists chapter 13 . 12/7/2020
Got a question. I"m doing a re-read of your story (or a complete read I suppose, as I'd never gotten around to finishing this when you completed it a few years ago) and I noticed something in this chapter that seemed different from a previous read. I seemed to remember Gargomon hitting Hikari in the face rather than spitting at her. Am I miss remembering or did you change this part?
morgan kingsley chapter 24 . 8/27/2018
I find the idea of Mimi giving Yolei fashion advice to be so realistic that it just makes too much sense, I like it. I also like the transformation with ExVeemon after Ken was saying he had no friends. I think it captures how a lot of introverts really feel about their life on some moments
morgan kingsley chapter 23 . 8/27/2018
It is a little bit sad to know how Cody acts at the start of this chapter given how he feels at the end of the story when the twist of chapter 49 happens. I do think it is a good dynamic to have T.K., the rival of Davis, be the one who actually starts to support Davis first on the Ken theory
Yose Hyuann chapter 70 . 7/29/2018
I guess I forgot where I found this fict. And I never thought that I could read the whole and full stories with 1.030.030 words (I need more than a week to finish, though)... Heck, I'm barely done with 130.000ish!
But, this is worth it.
I laughed and cried every now and then, and more importantly, I'm feeling grateful for this story to let me out from my issue. So, thank you for giving your all for this story. You may make this for 10 years and people only read this for view days or so... but believe me, your story made people a day.

Again, thank you and good luck, and hope you don't stop writing.
Hikari no Okami chapter 70 . 5/7/2018
Ok, this will be a little long so I hope you can bear it.
My first impulse was to make an ass long review about all the observations and love and moments and feelings I had with this story, but if you don't mind I'll start at the beginning.
As far as I can read in both your story and profile, you, as well as me and many others felt the lack of many things in the story of 02, missed chances, so many things that could be exploited and used and made awesome. But they didn't deliver.
So, even as I tend to delve into fanfictions (and quite a lot) it's rare for me to find something that not only catches my attention, but ensares it, traps it, makes it so impossible to not be hanging that just closing the tab and cavilating and creating in my mind is enough to close a circle. So congrats, you did that.
You caught me as a goddamned insatisfied teen when you were more or less 5 chapters in. And damn if you didn't catch me. In my inconsistency in reading as in so many other things in life, I can say I wasn't a loyal reader. Until I was.
Even now, I can say it took me ages to be up to date. And it's because you made me fall into one of the most frsutrating habits I can have. Loing something so much I don't want it to end so I procastinate constantly. Life and situations made me put it on the backburner, but his is one of those stories that's ALWAYS there. ike "oh I wich I could read something good on Digimon" and here I come back, always surprised that despite the pauses you didn't abandon.
And I mean, years could pass and you didn't quit.
And then came tri, and yeah, I watched it, I longed but it, I apprecieated some things and will be eternally ofended that they (AGAIN) had the chance to do some justice to so many things and well...that train is gone.
But, (and this is the important BUT) woe is me. I find that YOU beautiful human being decided to finish what to me has been what 02 could have been (should have, even). Because there were so many uncultivated seeds and you delivered. Holy damn everything, DID you deliver.
Nothing is perfect and I know making everyone 100% happy is mposible, and I might have my opinions, but on the whole, looking at this long (LONG REALLY LONG) complete, awesome work I am just awed, inspired and above everything grateful. Because my inner insatisfied teen who craved for justice and a good story and the use of so many details for these characters I grew up with, and in whom I saw so many things, finally got some closure. And for good or for bad, found it yes, on a screen, but surpisingly enough, not necessarily on an animated format as one would expect, not where I thought it might have come, but here in these long pages and sea of words you created.
So thank you, because even if you leave the fandom and want nothing more to do with it, you will always (at least as far as I'm concerned) be the one who left something lasting, unique and ever lasting for it and for me.
And jut so you know, just like you were happy to finish it before Tri concluded, I was estatic to be able to read the end (THIS end) before that as well.
So yeah, thanks again. And hopefully, if you aren't all bothered and done with it, you'll bear another long ass rant more focused on the story itself, instead of the whole impact these ten years of stoyt, of your story, had on a life.
morgan kingsley chapter 22 . 5/2/2018
I like how this chapter does show a very brief moment of conflict with Cody on the whole Ken issue at the end of the chapter. It showed that while Cody didn't forgive him, that he was almost willing to admit that he was wrong. Cody has a pretty dynamic character for that reason there
morgan kingsley chapter 21 . 4/27/2018
I think this is one of the best chapters in the entire story line. Conveys so many emotions so well and it really hones in the point of how Ken is feeling terrible for everything that had happened. Just so well done imo
Generic Reviewer chapter 70 . 4/26/2018
That was a clever subversive ending.
morgan kingsley chapter 20 . 4/2/2018
Well, after nearly a year, I am returning to reviews on this story. First off, congratulations for finishing this story in full after over a decade, and while that was nearly a year ago, I still wanted to say that. I will also try to review every chapter I have not as a way to show my great thanks for a version of this story that far out weighs the original.

Well, onto the chapter itself. I like how you consistently put small things in there, such as the fact Davis gets worn out each time he does a digivolution. I also like how you put in the basket ball scene from the original into this story, as I feel like it is a decent scene to capture one of the last strands of the Davis, T.K., and Kari rivalry. Plus the final scene is a good small nod scene to the future of the plot.
DranzerShadowWanderer chapter 1 . 3/21/2018
Thank you. This story has kept me entertained and on the edge of my seat the entire ride. I remember a good deal of watching Adventure Zero Two from growing up with Digimon, and now that I look back, there are HUGE story holes. Things you don't really think about until you're a bit older and questioning things more often.

I laughed, I cried, I put the story aside for 24 hours when I reached 'that chapter', and I couldn't shut up about sharing the story with other people. The storytelling is so vivid, I could see it in my mind's eye as I read.

So again, Thank you.

If you ever rewrite another season, you've got a reader in me.

~DranzerShadowWanderer, vivid imagination