Reviews for Digimon Adventure 02: The Story We Never Told
morgan kingsley chapter 9 . 10/10/2015
I have always liked the way that you wrote the dream scene in the intro of this chapter. Starting with what teenagers would normally dream about and then transitions into her realizing the reality of the whole thing and how it cannot work. Pure genius writing.
Reading about that paper airplane Davis made me wonder how many people in the class that had probably cracking up. Because I would have if I saw that.
I know I most likely stated this before, but I just love how much more evil you made Ken in this story. In the show, he was sort of a generic bad guy. In this, he's actually like a serious villain that isn't like a parody of hundreds of other bad guys go good that we have seen. With that, you fixed one of the many problems in the story.
I also am a big fan of how you wrote Cody's relationship with Ken, how he distasted him. Knowing what happens much later in the story, I know that Cody never really got over it. Until it was too late that is.
Although Matt is normally a dick in this story, I would have said I agree with him in this case with Yolei and her lack of commitment. However, that was until I thought about how much it seemed like how he was back in the first season. It's like Matt became a hypocrite and a dick to.
I bet Ken regrets making fun of what Wormmon can digivolve to in this story as Wormmon doesn't show up again. Probably makes him feel sour for just how he treated his partner as a whole while he was the digimon emperor.
Izzyaro chapter 61 . 9/27/2015
I've just spent the whole weekend reading this, and all I can say is wow! Not only have you done an incredible job with filling in all the series plot holes and developing all the characters, but your writing itself is amazing. Over 900,000 words, and barely any spelling or grammatical errors is seriously impressive.

I think my favourite aspect has to be the increased roles of the original Digidestined. I always wished they'd had more to do in 02, and you've worked them in brilliantly, especially with how you restored their crests. I'm also getting very curious as to what's going on with Davis, Yolei and Cody; their D3's seem to be some kind of mistake judging from the Digigods' reactions and how TK and Kari's reverted to their original forms, so I'm really looking forward to seeing where that goes. Honestly there are so many amazing parts to this story, Agumon's desire to save Blackwargreymon, the various developing relationships, and the way all the characters are growing and gradually changing, that I don't have nearly enough room to list them all.

All in all, it was a brilliant way to spend the weekend. Congratulations again on such a well-written story, and I look forward to seeing what happens next.
sm4567 chapter 61 . 9/24/2015
I know you won't try to respond to my review anyway, ker-plop, but I guess I should at least leave you my thoughts on the current chapter.

I have been silently following the rest of your story, and this time I decided to let you know about me. For this chapter, I liked the Dagomon battles you staged, the touching little moments with the heroes and their relatives, and the overlap between so many plots, but never to the point where it's gonna become a mess, and I like that.

However, I find it hard for me to just go easy on you without voicing my criticisms. When I got to the point you killed off Ken and what followed, as part of me was like, ''Dude, you really wanted to kill him off becasue you hated Kenyako and wanted Miyako to end up with Daisuke, aside from having another reason for his death?'' I am like, there were tons of other ways to never have Ken and Miyako end up together, even if shipping is not something I am a huge fan in seeing in Digimon stories but I don't mind well-written pairings and such. But I kinda find it difficult to just accept that you had to kill off this kid, and it came out to me as a way or reinforcing the Daisuke/Miyako ship, but I don't want to get more into that as of now, it is not the point of my comments.

Like I said, there are things that I liked better in it than the anime, and the fact that both Arukenimon and Mummymon have more to do in this story, and Oikawa being the creepy guy that he is, and I understand your reasons for not having Myostimon come back, and all in all, it was good to read.

Anyway, I look forward to the fate you have in store fro BlackWarGreymon and what shall happen to the heroes. Even if you won't respond to any subsequent review of mine, since we are nearing the end, I do appreciate the effort you put into it, even though it had some things that I didn't like, or it was over the top, but that's just my own opinion.

I wish you were able to clear up a few things for me, but I know you are busy churning out a few more words into it, so I will leave it as it is, and wait for the rest to come.

Take care, ker-plop, and see you on the next one!
sm4567.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 61 . 9/23/2015
Impressive and fun:)
JediiMasterDraco chapter 58 . 9/23/2015
Okay, it's been months since I dropped a review for this jaw-dropping digital incarnation of awesomeness. I blame an interest in ASoIaF fanfiction that I developed this spring. This first review is just a repost of the one I put on deviantart but I'll write the three other reviews that I owe you by tonight (in my opinion it's the least I can do for all your hard work, it's why I went back and wrote reviews for every chapter prior to when I joined up with this eternally glorious story)

1. The scene with Oikawa was sheer terror in my opinion. You have definitely done an awesome job setting him up in this story and yet you have kept his appearances scarce enough that we are literally salivating for more. Also I'm sure this is teasing several answers to the questions I'm pondering. I'm just too dense to pick up on them.

2. The section where they start to reunite is pretty interesting because we rarely see the Digidestined get injured and need medicine (Kari's sickness in 01 being a notabe exception). It also continues a running theme with this chapter in summing up the numerous unsolved issues of the kids, in this case "what is up with Mummymon and Arukenimon". Of course as readers we can easily guess that it has something to do with the fact that Oikawa made them in canon using his DNA.

3. The older Digidestined are definitely working overtime. I wonder when Izzy had the time to tell them about Oikawa and why he would. Hiroaki seems to run on a very limited need-to-know basis. Also I get the feeling that Jun is becoming very similar to a certain Trojan princess named Cassandra.

4. Wait, when did Davis get the Digiegg of Miracles (or whatever that thing was in this continuity) back? The time we heard about it, it had somehow been erased from Davis's D-Terminal. Also what did Davis mean by TK's Digivice changing too? Last time I checked his digivice hadn't changed. Was there a missing scene or something? But outside these nitpicks, this particular section just felt uplifting and great.

5. It appears that Jun is going to be mobilizing those that she can into shadowing Oikawa and the gruesome twosome.

6. This chapter does a fantastic job of tying up all the various storylines that this arc began to resolve and it is great to see.

7. I'm not liking what Arukenimon is planning even though I'm completely in the dark. If nothing else it's pretty much been confirmed that Oikawa had something to do with the new batch of digivolutions.

8. Tai's comment about Davis being allergic to blondes was hilarious because I never noticed that before. But this part was just plain funny all around.

9. Everyone talking after they're back on Imperialdramon was a great change of pace. It's also a bit of a shock for me personally because, despite it being almost a year since this arc began, it has literally been less than three days (my math might be off) since they left Japan. Bit of a shocker.

10. The issue of clothes I expect is the fault of Oikawa. I can't imagine any reason why. I suspect it could have to do with smuggling in data, like how viruses can attach themselves to downloads.

11. The battle with Kokytomon was appropriately epic and I love it when a battle is one by combining fantastic attacks and real world science. Also I take it that Yolei has never heard of Mobile Suit Gundam (SEED is a recent pickup of mine). Call me crazy but I think Kokytomon may have been made using the final spire, making it the hundredth gate. A.K.A. they are now in really deep shit (I'll note that this guess was wrong).
MWD chapter 60 . 9/21/2015
Really enjoying this story, even after all these years. My only complaint is the time it takes for each chapter... but that just means they are going to be really well done. Look forward to the next.

PS - From what I have heard of Digimon Tri... I'll take your version over it.
JemDragons chapter 2 . 9/18/2015
Also, this has been going on since 2007!? I was, like, 7! That is some commitment. Respect for finishing it.

Also, my thumb hurts from scrolling this thing. That's actually impressive. Imma favourite this just cuz how how ludicrously long it is. I haven't even read the thing yet, gimme a month or two.
JemDragons chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
...This is the longest fanfiction I've ever seen. You know that ACTUAL BOOKS are about 150k words, right? So this is, like, six books. I'm not even sure if I wanna START this, regardless of quality.
Kirara-Elfkin chapter 60 . 9/3/2015
Eep! Now I'm having flashbacks to the scene with giant Ursula from the Little Mermaid... Not Good! (for them)
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 60 . 8/29/2015
Holy mother! He turned it into a super trident!? HAX!
Ninjacapricorn chapter 60 . 8/27/2015
I half-suspected that Dagomon was the control spire but glad to see his weapon is it instead. I enjoy this series so much so it's refreshing to see you've updated this story. I look forward to more chapters!
Generic Reviewer chapter 60 . 8/27/2015
Well then. The final bosses are all lined up.

Dagomon seems like the first to fall.
red neo ranger chapter 59 . 7/17/2015
Ok this was the best digimon story I ever read I laughed I cried I got emotions man seriously if I didn't like digimon season 2 I would want to be the series instead
morgan kingsley chapter 8 . 7/12/2015
It’s been awhile since I reviewed you last, so I will try to make up for it by doing a review spree. When I just review a bunch of your chapters. I still have over fifty chapters left of this story after all. So I guess that this will help me on getting closer to reaching the end of your story.

So last chapter ended with Ken revealing he was the digimon emperor. Now to see how they all take it. My bet is that Yolei takes it the worst. I guess I will see by the end of this chapter or the next one.

I really like the opening scene here. It sort of is our first real hint to the Dark World. Some foreshadowing to when they have the episode/chapter devoted to later on in the story line. Already expanding on it more than the show did with just this opening scene here.

Reading that scene with Ken seeing the interview and the lady telling him he would be successful in whatever he does is actually a really sad read. Not because of how he reacted to it or the fact that he’s only an genius by default, but because of his death later on in the story. Sort of leaves a sour taste in the mouth when you bring that thought into it.

Actually T.K. is the one with the most experience, not Izzy. He was there the entire season and was an important character in the second season. Izzy doesn’t do much in the second season. Having a computer doesn’t really change that fact.

I was right that Yolei was taking it the worst. She showed up later than everybody else that day and later than usual. When she was normally the first one to show up to kick butt. So she must have been too busy thinking about the issue before she would be willing to help.

He can hack my systems any day sounds like a sex term. Weird to hear a computer problem be used as a sex term though. Would have never done it that way.

The scene when Ken’s parents learn of what Ken was planning about leaving them alone for good is always one of the more well done moments of the show. But you always find a way to take even the best scenes of the original show and turn it even better.

Something I ever realized until I read this chapter for the first time was the fact that the police probably wouldn’t care 1/10 as much if he wasn’t the child genius that everybody calls him to be at that time. If he wasn’t, they would have probably cared for like two days and then moved on.

Hawkmon calling Davis ‘Daisuke’ was probably one of the few if not one of the only times I saw them refer to him by that. Unless if later on in the story, that’s all they call him by.

‘MY monster has TWO moves!’ Best Yolei line ever made. I laughed for like twenty seconds when I read that line.

Final Thoughts: A nice but shorter chapter than most of them. While it is not a bad thing, it just feels a little weird seeing a shorter chapter. But it still works out. Since this was one of the few episodes that wasn’t that bad.
DudeBro394 chapter 59 . 7/9/2015
Amazing, so brilliant. Tai/Sora, Miyako/Daisuke, Joe/Mimi and a little hint of Matt beginning to see Jun as more than an obsessive fangirl. The relationships and character dynamics are brilliant. Also - all the plots and sub-plots unraveling are so well-written. Can't wait to see what TK wanted to tell Matt before but "not in front of the younger kids" about his digivice. This is how zero-two should have been.
Are you excited for Digimon Adventure Tri? Would be nice to see the old crew back again. Have a lovely day; this is one wonderful fic. :)
761 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »