|Reviews for Digimon Adventure 02: The Story We Never Told|
| Ultimateblack chapter 12 . 10/17/2015
I'm glad this chapter is a friendship one. Maybe some hard core Takari shippers can say that there's more, but I'm happy that it's just friendship. Friendship fics always make me feel warm on the inside. Good job!
| Ultimateblack chapter 10 . 10/15/2015
Whoohoo. Changes. Ken managed to grab onto Agumon and escape with him. That's a welcome twist. Makes me wonder what's in store for the little dinosaur.
Are you... Writing your own thoughts through Matt? I know it makes sense that he thinks Davis is a screw up, but I'm curious. Are those your own thoughts or are they part of Matt's growth and warming up to the newest DD?
| Ultimateblack chapter 9 . 10/15/2015
So you acknowledge the lack of criticism the series gave to the new digidestined. The older generation would think, especially Matt that the new crew had much to learn. As the voice of experience, he certainly is harsh. However that is what I'd expect of him. I can't imagine the others being strict with the 02 DD, except Tai maybe. So the difference in this story is Davis wants to be... A pilot? The goggles suit him. Give him an aviator suit and voila you have a pilot.
| Ultimateblack chapter 8 . 10/15/2015
I noticed that Davis is a little short tempered in this story. However, he still shows signs of weakness (like in the previous chapter, where he froze in fear because he was up against Ken) and that is what I appreciate. The show portrayed him as completely oblivious and ridiculously optimistic, and I don't agree that anybody can be that happy all the time. It'll be great to watch this character grow, the way you're writing him is great.
You inserted a little foreshadowing of Kari being called to the Dark World. Nice, I look forward to that chapter. The rest of the chapter (and those before) was entertaining, so good job!
| Ultimateblack chapter 6 . 10/15/2015
A fine chapter as a whole. The only question on my mind is why did Yolei managed to solve the computer problem. She's good at computers, I get that, but Ken was a genius! She's like 12 years old. How much knowledge and skills about programming does she even have? Are the Japanese kids tech wizs at such young ages?
| Ultimateblack chapter 5 . 10/14/2015
Now this is a great chapter. My only question is why mimi is acting that way. Sounds like she has had issues over the years.
This is the last one for tonight because I need to sleep. Getting to the next ones tomorrow. Very entertaining story, mate.
| Ultimateblack chapter 4 . 10/13/2015
One thing's for sure, Davis is learning. He demonstrated that when he sobered enough to know he made a mistake. I knew there was something missing when Davis got mad at Jun in the digital world. Matt and Kari are slightly in the wrong here. They didn't know exactly what was going on, nor did they defend Davis when Jun (Matt in this case) jeered at her brother. Still, it's much better than what the series did.
I think I've caught on to the running gags: yolei's smell, Davis mouthing off literally anything and anybody except Kari, Davis and Yolei tumbling down the slope into the lake everyday... Am I missing anything?
| Ultimateblack chapter 3 . 10/13/2015
Ewwww... There has GOT to be an explanation for why Yolei refuses to bathe. Is she going through a rebellion phase or something? Regarding my question from my last review, it appears your sticking quite closely to the original plot, just putting it into words and tweaking some things. Great job, 3 chapters in and it's so addicting already.
| Ultimateblack chapter 2 . 10/13/2015
Another great starting chapter. This has what I didn't write, an extra escapade for the Digidestined while Davis was captured. Perhaps I should go back to my own chapter and make some additions one day...
I don't know how closely you're going to follow the original storyline but only few changes have been made. That will probably take place later on. The fact that ALL the original digimon partners couldn't get to the real world or got enslaved is a welcomed change. Small, but effective.
A thought on Tai's words: didn't they start out worse? Tai, a hot-head as well. Matt, an uncooperative lone Wolf. Sora is fine, I guess. Izzy was kinda like a nerd, but it's not too bad. Mimi was a bitchin loudmouth, while Joe was a helpless worrywart. Finally, TK was a crybaby who did nothing. How exactly is the original team better? Tai is looking at this from an experienced POV, when he should be prepping them for the challenges ahead of them.
| Ultimateblack chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
YES, this is so cool. The starting indicates that this will eventually be a Takari, no? I'm going to push that aside for a good story. Couples be damned!
Apparently Davis knows Cody and Yolei already, which is perfect. Iori is adamant on being called his original name, while Yolei and Davis want to be known with English names. This is interesting, and could be turned into a valid subplot but since you're already 61 chapters deep into this, you should already know what to do and have done it. You could have let TK ask Yolei about her nickname though. I'd like to know why she chose such an uncommon name, based on your point of view.
The characterization is perfect. Davis is every bit of that hot-headed person we know. I wait to see more of Yolei and Cody, for their interactions are quite curious. They have some sort of sibling like relationship going on.
The reactions are very realistic as well, you have managed to give our characters more personality than the show. I loved how Veemon and Davis bicker over the little lishp (haha) that the dragon has. Kudos for that. The changes made are apt, with electrocution being a running gag with Davis. Description wise, everything is so detailed. More points for that.
Overall, this is a great start. There are quite a few 02 retelling out there (I'm doing one of them) and it's hard to impress because we've already seen it so many times before. We practically have the script to each episode memorised. This sorry has given a strong first impression and I'll be glad to follow up on it.
Anyways, It's always great to meet a fellow Rewriter of DA02. I personally have my own stories in progress, but it's just the beginning. Hope you can take some time off to check them out, leave some reviews. One of them is a rewrite of 02 with my own twists and developments planned, the other is an AU that is a parallel story to 02. Please, I humbly invite you to read and review my own!
| morgan kingsley chapter 9 . 10/10/2015
I have always liked the way that you wrote the dream scene in the intro of this chapter. Starting with what teenagers would normally dream about and then transitions into her realizing the reality of the whole thing and how it cannot work. Pure genius writing.
Reading about that paper airplane Davis made me wonder how many people in the class that had probably cracking up. Because I would have if I saw that.
I know I most likely stated this before, but I just love how much more evil you made Ken in this story. In the show, he was sort of a generic bad guy. In this, he's actually like a serious villain that isn't like a parody of hundreds of other bad guys go good that we have seen. With that, you fixed one of the many problems in the story.
I also am a big fan of how you wrote Cody's relationship with Ken, how he distasted him. Knowing what happens much later in the story, I know that Cody never really got over it. Until it was too late that is.
Although Matt is normally a dick in this story, I would have said I agree with him in this case with Yolei and her lack of commitment. However, that was until I thought about how much it seemed like how he was back in the first season. It's like Matt became a hypocrite and a dick to.
I bet Ken regrets making fun of what Wormmon can digivolve to in this story as Wormmon doesn't show up again. Probably makes him feel sour for just how he treated his partner as a whole while he was the digimon emperor.
| Izzyaro chapter 61 . 9/27/2015
I've just spent the whole weekend reading this, and all I can say is wow! Not only have you done an incredible job with filling in all the series plot holes and developing all the characters, but your writing itself is amazing. Over 900,000 words, and barely any spelling or grammatical errors is seriously impressive.
I think my favourite aspect has to be the increased roles of the original Digidestined. I always wished they'd had more to do in 02, and you've worked them in brilliantly, especially with how you restored their crests. I'm also getting very curious as to what's going on with Davis, Yolei and Cody; their D3's seem to be some kind of mistake judging from the Digigods' reactions and how TK and Kari's reverted to their original forms, so I'm really looking forward to seeing where that goes. Honestly there are so many amazing parts to this story, Agumon's desire to save Blackwargreymon, the various developing relationships, and the way all the characters are growing and gradually changing, that I don't have nearly enough room to list them all.
All in all, it was a brilliant way to spend the weekend. Congratulations again on such a well-written story, and I look forward to seeing what happens next.
| sm4567 chapter 61 . 9/24/2015
I know you won't try to respond to my review anyway, ker-plop, but I guess I should at least leave you my thoughts on the current chapter.
I have been silently following the rest of your story, and this time I decided to let you know about me. For this chapter, I liked the Dagomon battles you staged, the touching little moments with the heroes and their relatives, and the overlap between so many plots, but never to the point where it's gonna become a mess, and I like that.
However, I find it hard for me to just go easy on you without voicing my criticisms. When I got to the point you killed off Ken and what followed, as part of me was like, ''Dude, you really wanted to kill him off becasue you hated Kenyako and wanted Miyako to end up with Daisuke, aside from having another reason for his death?'' I am like, there were tons of other ways to never have Ken and Miyako end up together, even if shipping is not something I am a huge fan in seeing in Digimon stories but I don't mind well-written pairings and such. But I kinda find it difficult to just accept that you had to kill off this kid, and it came out to me as a way or reinforcing the Daisuke/Miyako ship, but I don't want to get more into that as of now, it is not the point of my comments.
Like I said, there are things that I liked better in it than the anime, and the fact that both Arukenimon and Mummymon have more to do in this story, and Oikawa being the creepy guy that he is, and I understand your reasons for not having Myostimon come back, and all in all, it was good to read.
Anyway, I look forward to the fate you have in store fro BlackWarGreymon and what shall happen to the heroes. Even if you won't respond to any subsequent review of mine, since we are nearing the end, I do appreciate the effort you put into it, even though it had some things that I didn't like, or it was over the top, but that's just my own opinion.
I wish you were able to clear up a few things for me, but I know you are busy churning out a few more words into it, so I will leave it as it is, and wait for the rest to come.
Take care, ker-plop, and see you on the next one!
| The Keeper of Worlds chapter 61 . 9/23/2015
Impressive and fun:)
| JediiMasterDraco chapter 58 . 9/23/2015
Okay, it's been months since I dropped a review for this jaw-dropping digital incarnation of awesomeness. I blame an interest in ASoIaF fanfiction that I developed this spring. This first review is just a repost of the one I put on deviantart but I'll write the three other reviews that I owe you by tonight (in my opinion it's the least I can do for all your hard work, it's why I went back and wrote reviews for every chapter prior to when I joined up with this eternally glorious story)
1. The scene with Oikawa was sheer terror in my opinion. You have definitely done an awesome job setting him up in this story and yet you have kept his appearances scarce enough that we are literally salivating for more. Also I'm sure this is teasing several answers to the questions I'm pondering. I'm just too dense to pick up on them.
2. The section where they start to reunite is pretty interesting because we rarely see the Digidestined get injured and need medicine (Kari's sickness in 01 being a notabe exception). It also continues a running theme with this chapter in summing up the numerous unsolved issues of the kids, in this case "what is up with Mummymon and Arukenimon". Of course as readers we can easily guess that it has something to do with the fact that Oikawa made them in canon using his DNA.
3. The older Digidestined are definitely working overtime. I wonder when Izzy had the time to tell them about Oikawa and why he would. Hiroaki seems to run on a very limited need-to-know basis. Also I get the feeling that Jun is becoming very similar to a certain Trojan princess named Cassandra.
4. Wait, when did Davis get the Digiegg of Miracles (or whatever that thing was in this continuity) back? The time we heard about it, it had somehow been erased from Davis's D-Terminal. Also what did Davis mean by TK's Digivice changing too? Last time I checked his digivice hadn't changed. Was there a missing scene or something? But outside these nitpicks, this particular section just felt uplifting and great.
5. It appears that Jun is going to be mobilizing those that she can into shadowing Oikawa and the gruesome twosome.
6. This chapter does a fantastic job of tying up all the various storylines that this arc began to resolve and it is great to see.
7. I'm not liking what Arukenimon is planning even though I'm completely in the dark. If nothing else it's pretty much been confirmed that Oikawa had something to do with the new batch of digivolutions.
8. Tai's comment about Davis being allergic to blondes was hilarious because I never noticed that before. But this part was just plain funny all around.
9. Everyone talking after they're back on Imperialdramon was a great change of pace. It's also a bit of a shock for me personally because, despite it being almost a year since this arc began, it has literally been less than three days (my math might be off) since they left Japan. Bit of a shocker.
10. The issue of clothes I expect is the fault of Oikawa. I can't imagine any reason why. I suspect it could have to do with smuggling in data, like how viruses can attach themselves to downloads.
11. The battle with Kokytomon was appropriately epic and I love it when a battle is one by combining fantastic attacks and real world science. Also I take it that Yolei has never heard of Mobile Suit Gundam (SEED is a recent pickup of mine). Call me crazy but I think Kokytomon may have been made using the final spire, making it the hundredth gate. A.K.A. they are now in really deep shit (I'll note that this guess was wrong).