Reviews for Digimon Adventure 02: The Story We Never Told
Aklaino2k7 chapter 38 . 5/16/2011
Good job with this chapter. Not a whole lot happened, but at least the characters got some development out of the whole thing. Daisuke's reaction to Miyako's new look was something else. Then there's Izzy and Ken. Good to see those two are getting along and that Ken's willing to hear a bit about the original journey to the digital world.

Now to see what happens next with Arukenimon, Mummymon, the spires and the dark ocean. Also, maybe Daisuke's digivice did do something to that spire when he hit it.
Julayla chapter 38 . 5/16/2011
Amazing chapter. Great work on the characterization and the humor within this. It's great work so far. I wonder if Yolei will find the consequences (as of Mimi) for being high, glamorous, and stuck up?
eternalLove59 chapter 38 . 5/16/2011
Awesome I finally caught up with this amazing story! Everything about it has been really good and I can't wait for more. Aww poor Davis he never seems to catch a break with Kari but thats ok im nore of a Takari fan but stoll feel bad for him. Im glad Sira and Tai made Up i hate when they get mad. There wasnt a lot of Tk or Cody or Much of the other d-kids and im just wondering why focus more on Yolei and her trip. Is something important gonna happen there or what? Update when possible please.
Magiccatprincess chapter 38 . 5/16/2011
Loved the Daiyako in it!
Tanya Takaishi chapter 38 . 5/16/2011
Great chapter! Literally laughing out loud at Demiveemon's comment about Davis's nuts... hahaha! I especially enjoyed everyone's reaction to Yolei's new look. She must be smokin'! But particularly I enjoyed how put-off Davis was by it and Cody's explanation of their friendship.

Melting control spires? I can't wait to see how some of this plays out. It's great that Kari came up with the idea to try the D-3s on them. After what happened in season 1 and with Andromon, that makes sense! Suprising they never attempted it in the real series.

Can't wait for more!
the21stMartian chapter 38 . 5/15/2011
Even if not much happened in the Digital World this chapter, it was still very good. I can sympathize with Tai, Sora, and Izzy in that experiments involving water and myself often lead to soggy classrooms and soggy, not so friendly, classmates. (On a similar note, I'm glad that Tai and Sora finally made up after their fight several chapters back, even if, based on your prior stories, I knew it to be inevitable, you still amaze me with your creativity.)

Keep up the good work!
Aklaino2k7 chapter 37 . 5/8/2011
Well, I finally made it through all 37 Chapters and 500,000 words and I’ve got to say that this is possibly the best 02 rewrite I’ve ever read. It doesn’t completely overhaul the plot but it works with the existing story (or at least the first part of it) and changes it for the better.

I remember some time ago watching Adventure again and then attempting to continue on with 02, but not making it past the episode where they teamed up with Ikkakumon. I eventually started it up again later with the episode that detailed the origin of the Emperor and still got bored with it after watching past the appearance of BlackWarGreymon. It just... I don't know. Definitely wasn't nearly as good as the first series, so I went to watching Digimon Tamers (which hooked me until the end). I didn't like Daisuke (heck, I prefer Takuya to Daisuke, big time) and the Emperor arc just suffered from serious arc fatigue. Then there was the Dark Ocean which was an awesome idea that they didn't do anything with. My suspicions that others didn't like it as much were confirmed when I watched the review of the season by JesuOtaku and WhatTheEgad, both of which made incredibly valid points about the season.

Anyway, I gotta say, I really like your story and how you did everything. I'm also looking forward to more, even though you update only every so often. Personally, I would like to see everyone achieve the Mega level on the new team (there was no reason for Valkyriemon and Vikemon to not appear), and some good conclusions to everything. I gotta say that the way you retooled all the characters to actually develop was excellent, even though Arukenimon and Mummymon are still a little similar to Team Rocket (though far more confident). Thank you for such an awesome story. Puts what I write to shame.
TheOtherGuy4544 chapter 37 . 5/5/2011
I must thank TheOmegaMan sometime for telling me about this story. You have made one great story that took a damn life time of work to get through. Does not fix all the problems that I had with 02, but fixes enough for me to declare that this should now and forver replace the abomination that was 02. I wish wormon hadn't died, that Cody was less of an ass throughout, that Mimi explained why she is being so mean to Joe, and that Davis fixes things with Matt. Also wonder who the hell dies? Someone from the new group does die right? That was my impression so please tell me if I'm wrong, I need to know if Davis dies. I assume that's why he isn't with Kari. The old characters new lives make more sense too, I never got why Matt went from Harmonica to Rock music but figured that I had missed something.

Ok, so it's a short review for everything you've written, but there is no way to cram everything into one crummy review and I sure as hell ain't doing 37 reviews, despite the fact you deserve it. I will keep up from now on and look forward to whatever comes next. You have my attention, don't let the pressure get to you.
T D'Amaze chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Horray! I found a decent looking story. A long one at that. 500k words. Damn. This story might take me awhile, so i'll leave you a review every few chapters D. The start really caught my attention. I really want to know what Tk was avoiding. A great play on the canon 02 season by the way. I really couldn't stand that season, and from what I read you seem to have alot of the same views on it as me. I laughed when I read Matt traded his guitar for a saxophone. I think I'd rather him as a rockstar, but whatever. I wonder how it'll effect the Sorato Taiora triangle. Taiora ftw. Will there be no Sorato at all? That kinda takes away from the Taiora, funny how that works. Guess i'll have to read on though. I didn't think Sora would still be playing soccer, I mean Soras' mother did seem pretty keen on her not playing soccer anymore in season 1. We havn't even seen Sora or Matt yet so I don't even know anything. It was funny how you made Yolei all nasty. I could see that being true, since she wasn't attractive anyway. There wasn't to much uncanon this chapter, but this is only the beginning. I know it. The moment Tai kept his goggles I knew this story was going to be great. I hope so atleast. Shit can get wacky fast. I've never read a digimon rewrite before so this is going to be interesting. So much can go right and so much can go wrong. I'm reading this though. Maybe then I can finally forget the crap that was 02 and replace it with this. That would be nice.
Enigma infinite chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Promising!
Tanya Takaishi chapter 37 . 4/16/2011
Wow. This story is absolutely incredible. The plot, your writing style, everything has me completely hooked. Even with the few things that turned me off in the beginning (Yolei, Mimi, and Matt’s huge character changes) I couldn’t stop reading. It really seems like you are going somewhere and have reasons for these major changes: keeping Mimi in Japan, yet instead having her completely detached from the others, making Matt so horrendously hostile to the new digidestined, and taking Yolei’s nerd status to a whole new level. I slowly have grown to love all of these changes through your story and see that they may be huge keys to the plot. I’m also sooo sad that Wormmon is gone. :(

I’m one of those very bad digimon writers/readers that tends to push the digimon out of the picture or not enjoy reading about them as much as the human characters. In your story, however, I think the scenes between the digimon and their partners are some of my absolutely favorite parts. I laugh out loud constantly at little Demiveemon and I love the scenes with the “Resistance.” You have made the digital world even bigger and better than it was in the original anime.

The changes I absolutely love: Davis’s potty mouth and obsession with model planes. He is still soooo Davis and I love him and these additions to his character. I also love how much more intense and dangerous your version is than the original. (Yet you still keep things light hearted and very digimon like – for example: the carnival that turns into a pinball machine and the skiing/snowboarding challenge for a crest fragment). Granted, it was a kid’s show… but I found second season so much more childlike and less dangerous than first season. Especially with the new kids’ reluctance at killing evil digimon when there was no other choice. I love how you force them to face that now. I also love that the older original chosen children are still able to play a big role.

I could probably write pages of praise, questions, and insights into your rewrite of ’02. Which is why I should’ve stopped myself from reading long enough to review each chapter instead of lumping everything at the end. Now that I’ve reached a stopping point, I will be reviewing each new chapter you post. I can’t wait for the next. I’m in suspense .
TwistedImaginings chapter 37 . 4/2/2011
now THIS is what Adventure 02 was supposed to be like. You did a great job, way better than Toei did :)!
twilightromance4ever chapter 37 . 3/6/2011
yay! you are back! It was amazing as usual and i can't wait for more! Hope you update soon! :D
djb21212-Steeldramon21 chapter 37 . 3/5/2011
I was hoping you'd upload a new chapter. It's a pretty good twist on the BlackWarGreymon meets Agumon story. Also, I'm really thinking Mimi's a victim of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and is acting like a arrogant b**** to cope. Since Joe failed to get through (and I hope he doesn't give up), it looks like it's up to Sora now. (It worked once in Season One and, besides, I always wanted to see a catfight between those two.) Finally, I wonder how the younger group will free BlackRapidmon and who else will reach Ultimate?

BTW, it'd be an pretty ironic twist if after all of Yolei's "training" by Mimi, Ken didn't even care or preferred her the way she used to be. Just my two cents. Until next chapter!
TransientBeing chapter 37 . 2/25/2011
Great stuff! I've really loving the changes you've made to the original plot of 02.

Hope you update soon, this is an awesome story.
714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 .. Last Next »