Reviews for Digimon Adventure 02: The Story We Never Told
shikyoseinen chapter 64 . 2/17

This is Fueki-level grand master plan from KR Wizard. I am very intrigued to see where this is going about Oikawa.

I have mixed feelings with him as the villain. On one hand, you could sympathize him for finding the other side better than his life in the real world. He's a villain driven towards a goal only he understand. On another hand, he murdered Ken (and more people)

I am looking forward to see more about his past with Cody's dad. I know about their friendship in canon but that probably didn't happen in this continuity. I wonder what Takeru edited out. Looking back, the butterflies ending was so out there it looks like a writer was thrown himself onto a brick wall.

Going through this chapter I have a good idea what is his master plan. If it is, woah he really has gone nuts. However, there is a hole in the theory so I can't say for sure that it is. Have to wait until later to find out.
JediiMasterDraco chapter 63 . 1/31
1.I love a villain who is able to keep his cool and anticipates Starscreams. Also Oikawa is awesome in this story. He kind of reminds me of Mesogog from Power Rangers Dino Thunder.

2. Bad guys never learn. Hostage taking rarely if ever works when you involve giant monsters. And yeah, provoking the Kamiyas never turns out well. Just ask Myotismon and Machinedramon.

3. I’m drawing more and more comparisons between Mummymon and James (Pokemon). Or at least when James is at his best.
4. I spy with my little eye a tin man.

5. Ho boy, the Digital World is going bye-bye real quick.

6. Oh crap. Is this the emergence of the Dark Spores, some of Dagomon’s mischief, or something more terrible?

7. Maybe Boltmon will be taking Blackwargreymon’s place.

8. Oh she’s Shriekmon.

9. Why is Yolei’s misfortune always so funny?

10. Venomous breath? I think I vaguely recall that from the anime during an early appearance. Wonder what she did to piss off the purple-people-eater.

11. Poor Mummymon, as easily duped as ever. I’d recommend anger management therapy.

12. And so ends those two. I felt like they really weren’t around long enough to get a good grasp. Don’t take this the wrong way, but it feels like you’re starting to rush the story a little.

13. Patamon you’ve been hanging out with Davis too much.

14. So Gennai really does have a screw loose, who-ha!

15. Oh for the love of pete man. When in God’s name are we going to get some straight answers. I’m still trying to confirm theories of Wizardmon’s garbled prophecy.

Overall, I am sorry to say that this chapter and the last felt very rushed. We had a glimpse of Arukenimon and Mummymon breaking out on their own, but that lasted all of two chapters of the actual rebellion, maybe one more if they don’t go immediately crawling back to Oikawa. You’ve been a really strong writer throughout your story, please don’t rush it now.
morgan kingsley chapter 12 . 1/31
This was one of the few good original episodes of the original and it is already made better here by the fact that you made this whole thing ten times more important in the story. I love the future conflict between Kari and Dagomon, or really the whole group group and it. I honestly find it to be one of your best story telling bits. With every chapter I read of this, I prefer your story to the original more and more and realize just how fucking awful the original was. I also really like the whole T.K. and bond more here. Even though it feels relatively the same, it just feels more right here. Great job as always.
bobbyneko chapter 63 . 1/31
Aweeeesooommmeee. Loved the banshee but anxious to see what happens to Izzy.
MWD1 chapter 63 . 1/31
Glad to see the new chapter! Really like the way you have developed the characters and especially like what you did with Noriko, a nice twist. It certainly leaves me wondering what the final plot is.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 63 . 1/31
Oh, and the deeper plot unravels:)
morgan kingsley chapter 11 . 1/15
Once again, I think the dream sequence was another shining factor of the chapter. It is curious that both Davis and Yolei passed out after they got their second eggs. So that just leaves me to assume that Cody will as well. The interactions and constant arguing between Mimi and Yolei is another fun factor of this chapter and I swear you could make a drinking game out of how many times they say justice in this chapter (by they meaning all the characters). It also seems like Sora might be accepting Davis more now that he helped her and when she smiled out of being grateful to him at the end. Although that could be just me. Next chapter is the one. When the dark world gets introduced.
morgan kingsley chapter 10 . 1/6
Once again, you version of this episode is much better. I really like the conflict that you put in with Davis and figuring out if he should do what everybody tells him to do or not. It's these small things that take the story so much further and makes it much better than the previous work. Two more chapters and we're at what is easily the biggest and best thing that you expanded on, the dark world introduction.
JediiMasterDraco chapter 60 . 1/4
1. I love how you start off Dagomon’s attack with these last scenes of peace. They really helped to build the tension and involve the parents, something you rarely see in Digimon fanfics.

2. The sheer number of villainous factions in this fanfic is mind-boggling. We have Dagomon (obviously), Oikawa (who is infinitely more dangerous than in that poor excuse for a story), Arukenimon and Mummymon (who will probably be a brief threat and will likely be killed off by Oikawa himself), and that little sneak Devimon (who I wager a number of readers keep forgetting or dismissing). Plus you have the chaotic neutral that is the Resistance. And I wouldn’t be surprised if that buggy Armageddonmon showed up.

3. Using the Deadmon to weaken the Digidestined gives an impression that Dagomon is a cut above the typical villain. Added to other factors such as forcing the kids to come to the Dark World to stop his invasion and keeping one spire in reserve, he is a credible threat.

4. The mystery of the Armor Digieggs keeps growing. The kids are weakened by using them in the early days, the Golden Digiegg has either disappeared or is unable to be used (you haven’t cleared that up yet), they’ve started to become unable to be used, and now TK and Kari have lost theirs. Curiousier and curiousier.

5. Yolei is such a pervert.

6. Personally, I would love to see this story made into anime, if only to see Dagomon’s personal attack. Digimon’s animation isn’t typically up to the same grade as other series, but it was always the characters that were able to set the tone without fancy visuals. I’d say they’d do a good job invoking the terror of Dagomon. It’s one of the reasons I’m always on the hunt for stories involving Dagomon because he is usually portrayed excellently.

7. I suppose Cody raises a good point, although it’s really only Patamon’s firstdigivolution that doesn’t make sense (winged pig to angel) since Gatomon is a “Holy Beast” digimon. Plus it could be argued that the Crests pay a role.

8. The fight between Wargreymon and Blackwargreymon is one of the best parts of the original anime (if only because it’s a decent bit of fanservice). I’m personally seeing this as being the first of three rounds. The other two will probably be more like canon, with BWG confronting Oikawa only for Wargreymon to intervene and then him trying to stop Oikawa’s plan, only to be forced to sacrifice himself.

9. The battle against Dagomon is excellent, with the kids scoring small victories (diverting the air force) but not able to even harm him.

10. Reversing the power of the spire is a fairly stock idea in terms of sending unkillable villains back to their dimensions, but what was inspired was him changing it into a weapon and reminding of my Little Mermaid nightmares.

The finale of Dagomon’s attempt to invade the human world is off to a great start, there’s a lot of resemblance to the Battle of Odaiba from Adventure, with contacting Gennai and the Digidestined’s attack basically useless over and over. A great tribute. Well, it’s now been nine years since you started this endeavor (give or take a few hours) and it’s still going strong, I may have only joined up a little over three years ago, but I am immensely glad I did. Keep up the good work and I’ll keep my eye out to see if we have an update today. Sayonara.
bobbyneko chapter 62 . 12/29/2015
This is so exciting! Omg whats gonna happen to izzy?
Ultimateblack chapter 62 . 12/21/2015
Finally up to date so that I can rest easy. It's been a thrilling ride. While you have improved the characters a lot, they are still too stubborn. Their development was great to read and the fight scenes were awesome. I believe we are nearing the end of this story, seeing how the Oikawa Arc has just begun. I can't help but wonder, will the final enemy be malomyotismon? Well, I'll find out soon enough. I eagerly await the next update, good sir.
Ultimateblack chapter 61 . 12/21/2015
Well whaddaya know, the Dagomon plot has finally been resolved, in your own way as well. Actually the Dark World plot point WAS tackled, just in a CD drama after the series ended. It included lots of new armor evolution and the kids kicking dagomon's arse easily. I like this more complicated and detailed version.
Ultimateblack chapter 51 . 12/21/2015
Well that Jedi Lizard (hey draco ;)) said the story would be much more different after Ken repented but I didn't think it would go this far. This chapter was a really emotional and distressing one at first but after that, it was just beautiful...
Ultimateblack chapter 49 . 12/20/2015
Holy mother freaking shit. We saw a stingmon and I thought, hmm could it be... But NO IT CAN'T BE HAPPENING! Ken can't be dead! O,O what the fudge?!
Ultimateblack chapter 43 . 12/20/2015
I think this is the episode I've been looking forward to. I loved the one in the series, and this remake is awe inspiring as well. Poor Yolei got rejected and I feel pity for her, but she was a bit too persistent for her own good. Tai finally got together with Sora and I gotta say, the process was fun. I also predicted Joe impressing Mimi with his skills. Guess she want looking forward to dating a wimp like she thought he was. Anyway, it was a really great read, especially around Christmas. You are one hell of an awesome writer, man.
701 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »