Reviews for The Heir of the Founders
LadyMegsie chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
Oh this story is awesome! I do love powerful Harry kicks some wizardworldass stories. This one is shaping up beautifully. There's just so much to like! Harry's character is lovely, Hermione is great, Voldemort is evil, Dumbledore is worse, and Caliban (great name use, btw) is interesting (which is rare for OCs). So far, so good!

I do like the set-up as well. Harry with knowledge is a great thing, and as soon as he assimilates it, and learns some modern law, amazing things are going to happen, I can tell. I can't wait for some Wizengamot meetings, and some Snape fights. I do wonder how Snape will react when confronted with the *real* Heir of Slytherin. Hero-worship or vitriol? New ally or enemy?I'd imagine he's under compulsions from Dumbledore as well...prolly from Voldie too. Poor man.

And it'll be interesting to see what happens with the Weasleys. I don't mind if there's bashing involved. It'd be hard for there not to be, as I don't see them as being a particularly open-minded bunch, and while Hermione may have taken Harry's new status well, I doubt the Weaslys would be nearly as accepting. Especially not Molly, Percy, or Ron. But we shall see.

So much to look forward to in this story! I can't wait for Harry to bring the smackdown to Dumbledore and the Order. I can't wait for Harry to show the wizarding world how it's going to be. I also can't wait for Harry to get into it with Caliban and Voldemort...I can imagine some delightful scenarios to set that up...I wonder which you'll use.

Well you have a new devoted reader in myself. I'm greatly looking forward to more. Thanks for writing!

LadyMegsie
Kyubbi-Sama chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
Sweet!

Update!
harmswife chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
OK, I just read all of this. It is really interesting. I am interested to see if Dumbledore really is as bad and controlling as you are making him out to be.
alix33 chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
Wow, the estate and the house sound wonderful!

"save for one special moment" - was this when Hermione came and talked to him and Ron for a bit, before Ron upset her so badly?

And Hermione's bedroom is very sweet and poignant!
alix33 chapter 6 . 1/18/2007
"gallavanting" should be GALLIVANTING, according to my college Oxford Dictionary

Caliban - is the fact that he is named after Prospero's slave on the island in Shakespeare's 'The tempest' symbolic in any way? Or doesn't this muggle connection count for anything? Or is William Shakespeare, according to your Potterverse for this fic, a wizard and none of us muggles ever knew?
alix33 chapter 5 . 1/18/2007
"They just sat their" should be 'They just sat THERE'

Nice chapter! I'm glad Hermione is so quick on the uptake and that Harry didn't have to explain to Ron, whom I like, but who can be a bit dim sometimes (even though he is brilliant at chess, which I can't even play), first! That would have tried the patient of even the founders!
alix33 chapter 4 . 1/18/2007
"He was easily at least four inches taller, and his bony body had filled out considerably. It was lean, yet muscular, not unlike that of Gryffindor himself. Harry glanced over his features and mentally frowned when he saw that his clothes no longer fit him. Looked like he'd need a new wardrobe sooner rather than later." - Oops, my fault! Please go back to worrying about the wardrobe, Harry!

"bike and book" shouldn't this be 'bike and parchment'?

Poor Hermione!
alix33 chapter 3 . 1/18/2007
I'm SO glad none of the founders liked Tom Riddle!
alix33 chapter 2 . 1/18/2007
"gaining a nod from Harry" should be 'gaining a nod from TOM'

"back room" souldn't this be 'backyard'?

"(if Professor Binns' lectures were any indication)" - so he did listen, sometimes, in that class? I'm glad to hear it!

I'm glad Harry remembered Griphook's name and that he is nice to the goblins.

Oh, I hope he passes all three tests and I wouldn't worry about the clothes if I was him!
R-Krulle chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
Great story so far... Keep up the good work.
alix33 chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
"Without further adieu" - should be 'without further ADO', OK? (My source for this is my ancient Concise Oxford Dictionary from my English Literature class in college, but if you are North American you probably could check Websters or so and you will find the same thing)

"Hedwig's perch" - I find it somehow fitting that Hedwig has a perch AND a cage in your Potterverse for this fic.

"locked it slightly" - meaning he locked just the one lock and not all of the gazillion he attached there previously?

"Taking it into his hand he noticed that it glowed red for a moment, and then blue, and finally green." - Why did the letter glow with those specific colours? Any symbolic significance?

"than surely they had property included" should be 'THEN surely...'

OK, 500 pounds to get rid of the dreadful Dursleys forever? Even though it is a lot of money in muggle terms even, I would have paid it too, and with (an inner) smile, like Harry presumably will.
Kath19 chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
I love this story, even thouh there are a lot of stories like this most are abandoned i hope you plan to finish this fic. I look forward tothe next update.
vicky0958 chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
good chapter
morriganscrow chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
Aw!

A fair load of fluff there. Well written fluff to be sure, but still fluff.

I do like this story, please post again soon.
Laura chapter 7 . 1/18/2007
Hehe, this is lovely! I love this kind of fic and this one is well written and entertaining. The writing also improved with each chapter I read and I'm very satisfied with the quality displayed here.

What I would like to see from this story is that Harry accepts who he is and doesn't hide from the wizarding world. And get him and Hermione together already! ;)
2,164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 131 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 .. Last Next »