Reviews for Between Guilt and Innocence
Immi chapter 5 . 1/9/2007
Dang, that's rough. And how is it that you always seem to get me mad at Catherine? Her best friend just died- she should be sad, not angry! Sadness usually morphs into anger, yes, but... Right.

See Grissom. Emotionally detached human being. Has feelings for female colleague.

See Sara. Human being who has "apparently" had feelings for Grissom for years.

See dead body of the former human with bloody stab wounds. See the latter human in a corner, bloody. See the lack of murder weapon. See the neighbor who heard the scream.

And Catherine is angry at Sara. How the heck does that work! I mean, the only way I see this getting a conviction is if someone tried to frame her.

Oh, wait... jurors are human. So it didn't have to be a framing, I guess. But still... If you see your best friend's very stabbed corpse, first reaction will not be anger. No matter how much you dislike the human in the corner.

I'm guessing that graveyard didn't process the scene? Since it's Grissom?

If they did process the scene, I think I'm going to have to kill Catherine in the next thing I write. I mean... geez. Hm. That actually has a few perks to it. But unrequited love is oh-so painful. Hm. Whaddya know? Quite a few perks.

Greggo and Nicky still believe in Sara too, right? I mean, closest thing you'll get to er... SuperFriends Batman, Robin, and Wonder Woman. SuperFriends sure is cheerier than the later superhero stuff.

Yay! Sofia sends letters! And she hugged Sara :) How cute... Yes, I'm looking for any fluff I can possibly get. The leprechaun might have convinced me to read this before it's completed, but Immi's still in control! ... Sorry, a little loopy this morning.

I'm glad that Sara gets to see Tina and Melissa. Though I am a bit surprised that Melissa's alive. ADA, right? Is that better or worse than a cop?

I guess it's only natural that they became friends. On the outside, Sara was friends with Melissa, and Tina was trying to protect Brenda. Makes sense.

*Sigh* I can already tell that this story is going to drive me crazy. -y ier. Whatever.

ME? Hm. I guess there's no other option than to halt my writing temporarily so that you keep your precious internet.

Holy Water- check. Hey- think that the perp stabbed Grissom with a wooden stake? I mean, he was definitely sucking the life out of Sara.

Unhappy GSR is the only... somewhat- kind of- not really- decent- okay GSR. Dead GSR is better. Not in the literal way- well, not anymore, thanks to reading this heartwrencer- in the... lack of emotions dead. Wait a second. It already is dead. *eyetwitch* I think my logic's broken. Or the writers' logic has broken.

Sassy is always good- except in multi-chapter fics that will end in CathSara. Even then it's fun.

Weird CS undertones? Oh boy...

That episode almost became my favorite simply because of Catherine's interrogation method. I mean, mostly case, some shots of Grissom saying goodbye (He's left!), and Catherine giving my mother a heart attack? Awesome! And the mini-killer's back! He didn't go away! Hallelujah!

Of course, now I can no longer fall back on that when I say that 'this season hasn't been so wonderful because...' Still- yay!

My new theory on that is that Sara's brother is the killer; Grissom ends up breaking up with Sara because he realizes he can't handle that (goes to Lady H's for guidance _); Sara dies; Catherine sees it; Catherine tells Sofia what happened; Sofia punches Cath for not saving Sara, and they both admit that they never told Sara that they loved her.

That actually sounds like some fun! And see that Sofia was the one who threw the punch? I'm still mad at Cath. Hmph.

Well, whatever.

Please update this very quickly... Like I said, this story is going to make me crazy.

Now, Immi's off to go watch the spoilery clips CBS posted on the WhoIsKeppler website. Cya. Yet another excuse to be upset with Catherine- *sigh*.
El Gringo Loco chapter 5 . 1/9/2007
You're doing a great job with the emotional aspects. Oh, I wouldn't doubt that Sara helped put a fair number of her new neighbors into prison. Or that a goodly portion of them are holding serious grudges about it.

But I'd also suspect that most of them, at least the sane ones, would think long and hard before acting on them. Being on death row, with date set and all appeals exhausted, she's got nothing left to lose. And the State of Nevada can't kill her more than once.
El Gringo Loco chapter 4 . 1/8/2007
Beautifully done, you can just feel the frustration oozing out of this chapter. And I can relate big time.

The old days are dead and gone that's for sure. I found myself waiting for Catherine to say something about - the technology that was good enough for your father. But I'll tell you a little secret. It really wasn't good enough. It was simply the best your father could get. Still having to relearn everything can be a royal pain in the (insert anatomical location of choice).
Missy Holland chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
damn, you always make my day!
carinaroo chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
Yet again, it looks like you've created another awesome fic.

I absolutely love it so far.

I've never really been a fan of fluffy fics, so the darker the better. I guess you could say that I like drama and chaos.

Here's hoping that Sofia has believed Sara's innocence and that there's tension galore between Sofia and Cath.

Anyhoo, keep up the great work. I can't wait for the next installment. My only wish is that there isn't too long a wait between chapters. :)
Immi chapter 3 . 1/7/2007
*shivers* I think this will go into the 'read after the little 'complete' sign is there' pile. A bit too much for Immi at the moment.

I suppose that would be because of your good writing. Though, anything with 'Sara in prison' would probably affect me just a bit. Sort of a creepy concept- hasn't Sara gone through enough trouble to last several lifetimes?

Aw... did you HAVE to put in that Sara loved Griss? It burns! Fetch the Holy Water!

I'm guessing that Sofia still believes in Sara's innocence? At least I hope that? I mean, it seems a little much to have any amount of evidence make you disregard the woman you love... well, I'm assuming this has Sassy undertones. That would make things a bit happier. Angst junkie doesn't automatically mean anti-fluff personage, I guess.

Anyways, see ya after all this is said and done. Or sooner, depending on how curious the leprechaun gets. ... See ya in five seconds, if that's the case. Whatever...

Hm. I guess it's like writing hangovers when you've never had alcohol or something.

I'm sure the patrol officer thought you were interesting- 'Front of the row in elementary school due to oddness' interesting.

Update soon, please... whaddya know, curiosity's making a decent effort to come through.
Missy Holland chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Ah, if your story is as good as your disclaimers than I shall read on... I love the first chapter so far, and I'd say that you keep writing outside your box!
El Gringo Loco chapter 2 . 1/6/2007
Note - blessed review throttle just bounced a long detailed review. Which in some ways sums up my reactions to this chapter.

I was relating rather strongly to Catheine's frustration with change and the new technology. I grew up in an age of vacume tubes. And am still trying to figure out how we went from pictures on a screen to touch sensitive interactive. And seeing then cutting age technology one grew up with in the Smithsonian doesn't exactly make you feel young. They say the passage of time is inevitable. Must be, the grey hair, cane and bifocals had to come from somewhere.

On the plus side the new technology lets me enjoy stories such as these. Fan fiction itself is nothing new. But the ability to share it widely is. And I think the world is just a bit richer for it. And the abilities to conceptualize and communicate that it fosters.
Dragonflys-Girl chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
I wasn't too sure what I'd find when I first started reading it, but I'm glad I did. It looks amazing. Please keep it up!
just me chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
Whoa, scary beginning. Can't wait to see where this goes next.
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
Thru the blush I thank you for the heads up etc. And for the beginning of what loos to be a really gripping angst filled story. A grimmer scenario would be hard to find. In my crystal ball I see twists, turns and a great deal of anguish ahead.

So work your mastery of words over us your majesty. Thy loyal subject await thy pleasure.
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14