Reviews for Aftermath
TastyCannibal chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
You, my Lady, are one of the single best writers I have ever encountered in my voyage through both printed and online words. This story has been the first thing to bring me to tears in over a years time. It's true of all wars, of course, that no one wins on either side, despite what they say. But your portrayal of that pain that those who fight and lose feel is really a thing of literary wonder. I will hope that someday, you publish a novel, or even a short story. Your skill with words is something that I will aspire to obtain, as it is enviable above all else in this life.

Please, never stop writing. Please?
xshieldmaidenx chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I really loved this... I think it captured what could have happened if that darned epilogue never happened... Actually, I like pretending HP7 was never published... Makes the fanfiction more fun to read! :)

The ending line was so beautiful, and I loved the last three paragraphs. My favorite line was "There wouldn't be another Lord Voldemort or another Harry Potter."

I think too often, the world forgets its past, allowing history to repeat itself far too many times. It's fair to assume that the same goes for the Wizarding world.
Sheen Rox chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
That is perhaps one of the most moving stories I have read in a long time. There is something about the subtleties, simplicity and empty desperation that is unbelievably powerful for such a short and seemingly simple story.

It's very rare that something so short and so angst filled makes it to my favourites, because very few authors can really pull off true unhappiness, especially with this pairing. It's very difficult to write convincingly about the truly messed up relationship that Harry and Draco would have after the war so I am very impressed.

Thank you for such a wonderfully moving and beautifully written story.

~ Sheen Rox
InnocentGuilt chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
That was definitely gripping. I actually got so deep into the story I actually started reading aloud, unconsciously. My mother had to come into my room to see who i was talking to. It's was very wonderful. You're very talented.

Iggy
Inkstained Scarlet chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
That last line is... kind of relevant to the wars of our world... A beautiful story - i like it very much. Congratulations, you write well and are thought-provoking. A new one for my favourites i think...

Thanks

Scarlet
Jemma Blackwell chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
Wow, cool story!
Kanetsuki chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
awesome portrayal of The War. Better than pretty much any I've read before. I like the simplicity and the subtlety of the story. And the characterisation.

Orange tea with honey, hey? Have to give that a go.
IrinaWithAnI chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Well done. I love it.
QuincePaste chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
WOW - that was a really insightful piece, well done,

kisses Quince
syrens-songs chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
this was very moving, I especially liked the last line. however you might want to be more specific of what Harry and Draco are the last ones of, was it peoeple who witnessed the last battle? or the last living members of their graduating class? great story!

-Syren
TruestBlue chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
This is wonderful. Your craft is amazing.
imber de caelum chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
What a unique story! I really enjoyed reading it - it's harshly realistic, but also tender in parts. Thanks for writing!
Potter's Wifey chapter 1 . 1/5/2007