Reviews for Beneath the Hollow
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
Oh lordy girl what a spellblinding chapter to read, devour and then try feebly to comment on. You gave me far too much to devour and think on. So much, so many aspects to read and feel at tje swirl around inside troes to absorb and divine and hellish world that make up the Winchesters. It all helps to create a permanent base in my head so that I now feel frighteningly angsty to be in this strange world the boys find themselves totally gripped within.

Have to confess as I slip this in there was so much too want to pick up and say 'fucking amazing' . Yet this is all I could get away with without drowning this review as in with the entire contents of the chapter: Its voice was singing inside – in that dissonant language that Sam didn’t understand – bringing with it images of Shemhezai’s twisted Paradise. Still photographs of the world’s breaking that Sam tried to block by singing to Ellie while she fell asleep; but those pictures were still there, almost a shimmer behind his eyelids, and the creature was gibbering in his head. Sam wished he had a hammer just to shut the damn thing up.

So much was let to stand out in this chapter, the car journey, Sam's utter withdrawal as he sees in Dean & Charlie the love he once shared with Jess repeating itself, to the meeting at Ellen's place, to the fractured (dangerously so) meeting up with John swho is striving to be at the helm. Only to discover that his usual supportive wingman, is now rebelling and standing up for what he knows to be true, to what he now loves afresh, Charlie.

So much to say, so much not said, but yet again you tore my heart to shreds, my sensiblities aside and left me thankfully with the ability to think, to think on and wonder what next. Roz.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
So as slack as I have been as late in R & R this opening chapter deserved an opening volley of praise way sooner than this. Major sorries for the late pennies worth, but I am sure in my own inner heart that I had posted a response but some mad evil demon of cyberspace must have swallowed it whole - if not that then major dementia may be following!

I still have to confess that the way you have populated a whole universe other than cannon just makes my toes tingle in appreciation and lets me sink ever deeper into the mindset you have those boys uniquely inhabit. The Circle of Enoch, the whole Council aspect, and those frighteningly powerful Grigori, ever weaving plotline/s and portents of things to come just leaves me so dazzled at times. And yes I am truly dazzled, leaving me wondering just where this skill comes from and so few really appreciate to put word too? More really do need to read this whole body of works and slip into a world of wonderful. Rozzy,
Fireman Phil chapter 2 . 3/22/2007
I would be hard pressed to recall a chapter that held my attention as keenly as this one. With the depressing darkness of the prologue immediately behind us, we get to watch as our little band makes it way to the Roadhouse in Nebraska. I didn't want to miss a single minute of the trip.

So how did everyone behave in the confined quarters as the miles rolled by. I think only sweet little Ellie was oblivious to the possibility of danger ahead. For Sam, Dean and Charlotte their attempts at conversation appeared as a thin veneer for the mounting tension. Not even Dean's choice of music could disguise it. The closer they got to their destination the more intensely Sam felt the evil working within him. I loved his acknowledgment of how successful Charlotte's suggestion for meditation proved to be.

Most journeys that end with a safe arrival also bring a sense of relief and joy. Not this one. The worst is yet to come. Your description of the Roadhouse scene was spellbinding. Instead of a welcome they faced a hostile gathering of hunters led by their own father, John Winchester, whose intentions were clearly unknown.

Oh, how I hated how John behaved. He may redeem himself later, but in this chapter his behavior with respect to his own sons seems despicable, not to mention what he does to poor Charlotte. Is he being overly, unnecessarily cautious or just unforgivingly mean? I don't know. You haven't shown us yet. Even Ellen's behavior is under suspicion.

This was another terrific, tension building read. Thank you.
sinsandshadows chapter 2 . 3/5/2007
I love your writing but the pacing of the overall series seems slow, or maybe I'm just really impatient. I'm glad Dean and Charlie got together, and I hope that their relationship will survive what lies ahead. I can't wait to see more of Dean learning to control (or at least struggling with) his empathy. Sam's emotions seem to bounce all over the place, but I guess that's what you get when you're being eaten alive by the worst force imaginable. Post more soon :)
Angela62 chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
Finally another chapter! I like how the story is progressing so far, and I like how all of the new characters still fit in this AU, but also keep their original personalities. And I can't help but love Dean and Charlie together, it gives (me, at least) a feeling of hope out of this whole awful mess everyone's in. And as always, the writing was great too. Can't wait for the next one!
Mandatora chapter 2 . 2/19/2007
Hey, I already commented to this on your LJ, but I wanted to review it here too, so that you'd feel special!:D

Keep up the good work and post the next chapter soon!
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
Gads...what a prologue! You've certainly reminded us just how high the stakes are in the battle that looms ahead and how contempuous the Council is of John Winchester's "militia". (Maybe they aren't familiar with Lord of the Rings.)

A "redheaded Betrayer"..."Aaron Webb's jezebel of a daughter". It looks like you fully intend to make good on your promise to put the Winchesters and Charlotte in even, more challenging positions than we saw in Strange Angels. I for one will be most anxious to see how they SUCCEED against the forces of evil, even if the encounter set-backs along the way. Love will triumph. Without that hope, there is no reason to live...unless you are a member of the darkside.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2