Reviews for Flowers for a Friend
JC chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
Pretty good so far. Just one nitpick, I don't see Alan telling Don to take Charlie off the case. At this point, while he doesn't like the idea of either of his sons in danger, its more of a comfort,to him, for them to work together.
Cutter12 chapter 15 . 7/22/2012
Great story. Like I stated at the beginning, a taut & engaging chapter, and it continued throughout the story. Nice to see the rest of the team rally around the Eppes. And, what's up with that ominous ending? Looking forward to reading more. :)
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
A very taut & engaging chapter. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this.
Cissyaliza chapter 15 . 12/12/2010
Just another very good fic! Thanks for that.

And know I'm going to read Flowers for funeral... (I'd printed it, it's easier...)
EmptySky chapter 15 . 5/9/2009
I guess Don feels guilty and upset because he asked his friend to come to LA, and if he hadn’t come to LA then he probably wouldn’t have died like this. This is not supposed to mean that it’s Don fault, cause it isn’t, but that probably will be tough for him to accept. That adds motivation to catch Gardenia to another level. That the guy realized that Charlie might help them get to their goal doesn’t calm me at all. During the entire story I felt that even though it was a very explosive case, Don managed to get some kind of closure. Not completely, but I felt like he got to come to terms with what happened to his friend, and came closer to wrapping his head around the fact that his role in everything was just a minor part. Alan helped him there. I don’t really know what to say in this comment other than that this rocked my socks. Seriously. There was so much suspense, so much drama and action, it almost took my breath away. If that happened in a movie, or in real life, it would be huge and epic, my opinion there. It’s like this huge mobster case with Don having to evacuate his family to bring them to safety, and then suffering almost the same fate as his friend… I loved that we got to read not only what the team was doing, but to be informed on Gardenia’s plans and his doing as well. It kept me anticipating the next moves and events. Too bad that Gardenia survived all this, and since I know there’s a sequel, I can’t wait to check that one out as soon as I can. Good job )
epalladino chapter 15 . 4/1/2009
Fantastic story. Well nigh perfect. I loved what you did with the characters and was very impressed with how you worked out the ending. Can't wait to read the sequel.

Thanks, Beth
celadon chapter 5 . 1/22/2007
Tsk, tsk - Mr. Bad Guy is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, if he thinks it's going to be that easy!
celadon chapter 3 . 1/22/2007
Uh-oh...scary music, please...

Really loved the humorous touches too.
celadon chapter 2 . 1/22/2007
Nice! Sweet and exciting at the same time!
celadon chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Wow! Off to a great start!
PaperMassacre chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
I love this, you do some brilliant work. I wil be sure to read more as it comes.
Sharon chapter 15 . 1/20/2007
Another wonderful story!

Your storytelling is always first rate, you have believable plots and the uncanny ability to insert humor to lighten the tense or sad moments. My favorite line - "I promise you that my apartment will always be a Millie-free zone, just for you." Made me laugh out loud!

Looking forward to more from you in the future!
ArianneG chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
ACK! A thousand apologies, 3rdgal. That first review-I put the wrong review for your story as I was reviewing and reading another story at the time! Could you please remove it? Thank you.

And I just finished storing your story on my hard drive. Fifteen chapters...woo! I enjoyed it very much. Pacing was just right, and you scared me when Don got shot in the neck.I thought he'd have bought the farm for were pretty good too. Don always struck me as the protective big brother and eldest son who wants to spare his familyms, work or personal.

Also, I enjoyed your other stories. Hope to see more fics in future!

Cheers,

ArianneG
ArianneG chapter 15 . 1/19/2007
Hi...delurking to say it's good to see you posting again. I read all 38 chapters that were posted at the time in one sitting, and it's safe to say you have another addict. :D I enjoyed the Hikaru-Ogata match, though now I must say I'm feeling a little sorry for poor Ogata who's eating his liver in a dark corner. ;p

And Hikaru's streak ends. I was hoping he'd beat Zama, but oh well. Looking forward to more good stuff-there's so little of it to read nowadays. Keep it up!
maurbill chapter 15 . 1/17/2007
Yikes! Well all I can say is this was a job well done. And yes, there is going to be a sequel. Right? I sure hope so. I loved this and will cross my fingers on a sequel.