Reviews for Otorni Luner The Blues Brothers in NĂºmenor
mrspencil chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Having just had this poem pointed out to me by its last reviewer, I would like to add my appreciation. An unusual, but inspired combination of subjects which you handle superbly. I felt before that your SH story deserved more attention- this certainly does:) Very fitting and very creative with effortless rhythm and meter.

Mrs P:)
Stutley Constable chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Having read a good deal of Tolkien and having watched The Blues Brothers many times I will grant you a special place among poets. You made a very worthy effort to combine two very dissimilar stories. Something I never considered before, though, is that both stories revolved around quests that were undertaken for the good of others.

I liked this.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Wonderful. Unexpectedly poignant and sweet and - shall I say it - soulful. I didn't think it was possible to combine the two fandoms, but quite obviously I was mistaken; the way you describe the music is a perfect tribute to every blues/soul(/every other genre) song that exists, and the words would not feel out of place had Tolkien written them. I could *feel* the beat and the searing pain and the joy that fills my chest at some of those songs, and to put those feelings into words requires particular talent :o) Thanks for writing this story. I just hope more people do, and fast, because it deserves praise!

Very sweet dedication, too.

Love,

Belphegor :o]
Jo Z. Pierce chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
WoW! That was really good.

Yes, it is a bit hard to follow for those of us who are not familiar with both fandoms. I know more BB than LotR, but still it was good.

The last three verses were really sad to me.

I like how you were able to combine the two worlds. I typically don't do crossovers, but this was written quite well. You have a flair for the poetry.

Thanks!