Reviews for The Other Path
scifijoe chapter 10 . 3/11
After all these years, Kim STILL can't cook. Well, she can make popcorn.
Mimic chapter 10 . 10/1/2013
So, she's trying to teach the girls using eggs, uh? Yeah, it's like, their weak point, you know, everyone knows how to catch multiple eggs that were thrown at you. It's like, basic survival skills and Kasy fails, again, gueez!

"Please, God, are normal parents so much to ask for?"
A: Yes. They're a rare commodity. The price is in pounds, or something, or so I heard.
At least her family is functional. She has no idea how lucky she is.

They have to go to Lowerton to buy stuff? Wow, at least ten years is time enough to build a reputation. I bet they are all glad when a new place opens, so they can buy there.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 9 . 7/12/2010
And so Jane is finally born... about DARN TIME already!

Jane Austin O'Ceallaigh, uh? Should have told me the middle time, gotta add it in "Merry Xmas" pic.

Back to the story itself... to be honest, I'm kinda dissapointed, for more than one reason. First being that... well, Shego's pregnancy and everything around it just doesn't compare in content, quantity or quality to Kim's (where's equal treatment? Hell...). It was interesting, but like I said, somewhat dissapointing.

On the other hand, while I can understand it if you did it like this to try something different (what with having written so much already), I really didn't like the "Choose Your Path" style. Partly because the only times I find this style fitting is when the main character is supposed to be a "Reader's Avatar", so it works like a sort of Role Playing, but the effect is rather lost when I'm sorta trying to decide for other characters that are notably different from me. And besides, all of the endings except for the last one are nothing but somewhat sad outcomes from all the obstacles that took to reach what is clearly the "True Ending". There isn't even alternative paths to the alternative paths, in the end, it's all about whenever Jane is born or not, with slight variants about how could it not have happened, but no different paths beyond those two possibilities. Just a route to the True Ending filled with four obstacles, each one coming with an extra fake end.

Well, at least we finally got here and all in all this had it's good, cute moments. On the other hand, it would be churlish of me to dwell on something already mentioned so much... which is why I'm going to so: This is likely one of your most important OCs in the whole series and even she can't get a proper physical description! The only thing that was specified was that she got green skin, but not even that the tone is different (As you've told me in the past unless my memory is REALLY failing me now), nor that she's a redhead!

Geez... look at me, been looking forward so much for this story and here I am complaining like a bitch. I guess I sorta held my expectatives too high, and a part of me kinda hopes for a story decent in lenght and content about Jane's characters. Who knows, having written with Kasy, Sheki, Shin, Alexandra and Agni already, I may write something with Jane if a plotbunny strikes in my mind, which I'm actually hoping for. Hope you're okay with that.

Oh, well... not my favourite episode, but there's always tomorrow. Still looking forward for the following ones to come. Oh, and I'm saving the last chapter for after I read "Marco Polo". The review for that shall include whatever I got to say of that episode. 'til then, take care! And eat cake!

Yours, "KiGo Children NÂș1 Fan" Alexander/Alexlayer.

Good bye!
Itachi's apprentice chapter 7 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 6 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 10 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 9 . 4/6/2010
Great work. Out of all the ending which one will be the final for the B.E. Universe?
Itachi's apprentice chapter 4 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 2 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Tjikicew chapter 8 . 7/27/2009
Shego wept for the baby she would never have, Kim mourned both the lost child and what it had done to her partner.

I can unfortunately relate to that feeling all to well. A miscarriage is even worse then seeing the love of your live being killed in front of your eyes. That only took ten years to learn to live with, I still haven't fully coped the loss of our child over 23 years ago.
ErnestTheGuy chapter 10 . 10/13/2008
i went straight to the ending with the kid cuz i like happy endings. i was wondering, are you ever going to give the girls powers?
storyreader51 chapter 8 . 9/9/2008
Of all the endings for this story, I think I both despise and love this ending.

I abhor it because of how it damages Shego; physically, emotionally, and psychologically. I also loathe how it affects both Kim and her families (both core and extended.)

I do, however, love it for the exact same reasons. It shows how much Kim and Shego love each other. It also lets the wise reader emote sympathy for the loss of a future.
Wispr chapter 10 . 5/3/2008
LOL... oh that was bloody cute!

Wispr