Reviews for The Enemy of My Enemy
Inuyasha haters chapter 11 . 9/11
Kagome climbed up the rope ladder hanging in the Bone Eater's Well during her era. She had changed back into her mended school uniform before leaving Sesshomaru's home. As the interior of the well house came into sight Kagome began to focus upon one thing: Finding her mother. Her throat was already choking with restrained cries as she left the well house and ran to her home. Maybe no one's awake. I don't want to wake her, but I don't want to wait 'til morning either! Kagome entered her house quietly, not wanting to cause a ruckus. She was so determined to find her mother that she never removed the repaired yellow pack from her shoulders. She crossed the living room, and as she stepped into the dining room Kagome heard running water and the soft clanking of stacking dishes. Her eyes filled with hope and she bolted into the kitchen. Sure enough, Mrs. Higurashi stood there before the counter carefully organizing dirty dishes and pans while the sink filled with foamy, soapy water. Kagome was unsure of how to announce her presence, but finally Mrs. Higurashi turned off the faucet and Kagome's chance presented itself. "Mom," she said softly. "You're home," Mrs. Higurashi sighed gratefully while she still faced the sink. She turned and saw the confusion and turmoil aching in her daughter's eyes and she inhaled sharply. "Kagome, what's the matter?"
Kagome's bottom lip trembled and she stormed forward to cling to her mother. She bawled and sobbed on her mother's shoulder. "Oh Mom," she whined, "I don't know what I've gotten myself into." "Hush, baby," Mrs. Higurashi cooed and petted her daughter's hair. "Put your things down and then have a seat. We'll talk this through." Mrs. Higurashi ushered Kagome to the kitchen table where the girl dropped her backpack and flopped into a chair overcome with exhaustion. Mrs. Higurashi knew that her child wasn't crying over physical pain, academic stress, or even imminent danger. Her daughter's sobs were those of a distressed heart. She sat down at the head of the table beside her daughter. She began talking calmly. "Now, start at the beginning, Kagome." Through silently flowing tears, Kagome explained the love-triangle between her, InuYasha, and Kikyo, and how all of it came to a head twelve nights ago. Her story drew nearer to InuYasha's violent outburst when her voice began to break. "And when I wouldn't let down about his two-timing behavior, he – he –" she cracked into sobs, "InuYasha hit me." Kagome's mother clapped her hand over her mouth. Mrs. Higurashi's eyes watered and narrowed dangerously. Kagome was reminded of Sesshomaru and began with her story again. She told of Miroku and Sango's assistance and support, her escape, and the battle with the lizard demon. "But that's when the strangest thing happened, Mom. InuYasha's older brother saved me." "Isn't he the one who hates humans?" her mother asked. Kagome sighed, "Yeah, that's what I thought until he took me in, sheltered me, clothed me, fed me, trained me …" "What?" "He offered to form an alliance with me to destroy Naraku, and to prove to me that he could be trusted he offered me sanctuary. I've spent the last eleven nights at his home," Kagome said as she kicked off the explanation of her dilemma with Lord Sesshomaru. She left no detail out. His generosity, the secret of Sakura, the reunion of her soul, their long conversations, dining together, training together, his act of trust, and the tensions that built up to his admission of love were all provided with glowing descriptions from Kagome. She finished breathlessly and rested her head in her hands. "Sesshomaru loves me. I don't know what to do besides keep my promise to help him defeat Naraku."
Kagome's mother, who had been oddly but patiently silent through her daughters' tale, pursed her lips softly. "Let me begin by saying that I am very proud of you, Kagome. You were so brave to leave InuYasha." Mrs. Higurashi added in a vicious tone, "If he comes here looking for you, he shall be sorely sorry." Kagome's eyebrows shot up at hearing her mother's voice so venomous. But as quickly as it happened, Mrs. Higurashi's tone became pleasant and motherly once again. "But, as to your crisis with Sesshomaru, no one can solve this problem but you, sweetheart. Do you love Sesshomaru?" Kagome breathed deeply and tried to answer her mother's question. "I don't know. I never thought that I would care about him like I do. I think that I love him, but how can I be sure?" Mrs. Higurashi put her hand over her daughter's and squeezed gently. "Then you were right to take time to think about this rather than lie to him." Kagome immediately said, "I could never lie to him. He doesn't deserve that."
"You obviously care about him." "I do, Mom. I really do. Oh – this is going to sound totally wrong – when he kissed me, it was unreal. It was like nothing I have ever felt before. I could not tell up from down, left from right, and I didn't care. He makes me feel so much, and I'm scared that I'm going to be overwhelmed by him. I don't want to get hurt again, Mom. Not this quickly." Mrs. Higurashi nodded. "It's natural to feel on guard when another relationship has ended so recently and so badly. But you need to remember one thing."
"What's that?" "Sesshomaru is not InuYasha." Mrs. Higurashi waited a moment, allowing her words to sink into Kagome's mind, and then stood. She lifted Kagome's backpack. "I'll take care of this. Go relax. Don't worry about going to school, either. Grandpa thought of a really good illness this time." Kagome groaned, "Oh no! What now?" Mrs. Higurashi shook her head slightly. "Bless him. He puts so much effort into these. It's only because he loves you." "Out with it! What bogus affliction do I have now? Is it an inferiority complex or my Diabetes?" "Ovarian cysts." Kagome rolled her eyes hopelessly.
Inuyasha haters chapter 4 . 9/11
Mizaki gently held Kagome's chin in her fingers. She slowly tilted the girl's head back and forth; examining the symmetry of Kagome's styled hair. Mizaki had pulled Kagome's hair into a high pony tail, braided it, and pinned the braid into an elegant knot secured with hair sticks. Mizaki clucked her tongue as her gaze fell upon the purple and blue, hand-shaped bruise upon the girl's cheek. "Rin, dear," Mizaki beckoned to the child, "please get me the make-up box." Rin nodded and arose to fulfill Mizaki's request. The elderly cat demon cast a sympathetic eye on Kagome. The girl blushed slightly from shame. "Don't be ashamed, child," Mizaki said softly. Kagome lowered her head. "I know I shouldn't, but I do." She took a shuddering breath. "I can't help it. I'm even more ashamed to say that some part of me feels like it's my fault." "Why ever do you think that?" Kagome covered her face and mumbled, "If I had just stopped … stopped yelling or something, then none of this would've happened." Mizaki softly pulled the girl's hands from her face and Kagome looked up. "My dear child, I will not be the last to tell you this, but it is not your fault that InuYasha hit you. No one, be they mortal or demon, has the right to hit someone they supposedly love; nor should they lash out when someone speaks out for their own dignity. It is InuYasha's fault. Never forget that." Mizaki kissed Kagome's forehead and whispered, "Never." Bless Lord Sesshomaru for showing this tender young woman mercy. She is strong and noble, and I have only known her for this one day … Kagome nodded while she bit back tears. "Thank you, Mizaki." Mizaki smiled gently. "Come now, chin up. We'll get some make-up on that and you can enjoy a nice relaxing dinner. It will heal soon enough, and then you can heal, too."
Petrie chapter 1 . 8/29
I personally don’t like Kagome because she is annoying, abusive with those sit commands on Inuyasha and she is the one who interrogated Inuyasha...Now Miroku and Sango never take Inuyasha’s side in any arguments...I love Inuyasha but he should not have hit Kagome, he should have found one of those sit commanding necklaces and put them on Kagome and then Sit her!
Inuyasha haters chapter 1 . 8/26
All Inuyasha likes to do is drown in self-pity about his ”sad” past. He feels this gives him the right to treat people as he badly as he likes when in fact, it doesn't at all. I kept wishing that Miroku, Sango and Kagome have gotten fed up with Inuyasha's whining and selfishness and kicked him out already in canon.
Inuyasha haters chapter 18 . 8/26
All Inuyasha likes to do is drown in self-pity about his ”sad” past. He feels this gives him the right to treat people as he badly as he likes which it doesn't at all. I kept wishing that Miroku, Sango and Kagome have gotten fed up with Inuyasha's whining and selfishness and kicked him out already in canon.
Inuyasha haters chapter 1 . 8/26
All Inuyasha likes to do is drown in self-pity about his ”sad” past. He feels this gives him the right to treat people as he badly as he likes which it doesn't at all. I kept wishing that Miroku, Sango and Kagome have gotten fed up with Inuyasha's whining and selfishness and kicked him out all ready.
Unspeakable - Too bad and horrific to express in words.
Horrific, awful, appalling, dreadful, horrifying, horrendous, abominable, frightful, fearful, shocking, ghastly, gruesome, monstrous, heinous, egregious, deplorable, despicable, execrable and vile
Inuyasha haters chapter 1 . 8/23
The next day, Kagome was awaken in the room with her face aching because there was a slaps mark on her face yesterday last night. She wailed as she felt her face. The nurse aided to them while she slept and a large breakfast had been prepared by the servants. Kagome got out of the bed to walk to the mirror and looked at herself as she ran her hands over her face. The slap mark reminded her of yesterday last night's incident and caused her to grow downright, beyond angrier at Inuyasha himself until she correctly heard a feminine voice. "Here here, child. I have your breakfast, especially prepared for a poor girl who had a rough night yesterday. This is a small feast, prepared just for you." It was a female maid who was bringing her a grand breakfast. Kagome just continued to look at her face in the mirror wondering if Inuyasha really thought about her. "... Come and get your delicious meal." She took Kagome's hand and walked her over to the table to sit her down for the meal. The maid saw that Kagome was in one of her foul moods. "What's wrong? We've spent all morning preparing this for you. You looked so tired when you arrived back from yesterday last night. What happened yesterday last night?" They looked at each other puzzled. One of them begun to lift Kagome onto the chair so that she could spoon-feed her. "You'll love our meals." She said as she moved the spoon towards Kagome's mouth. "Here it is... here it comes ... open wide ... just take small little bites–"
Oh great, Inuyasha will become a demonic, mindless killing machine once his demonic blood takes over again and again.
Great, full demon Inuyasha
Has Kikyo seen Kagome getting hit by Inuyasha?
Inuyasha haters chapter 18 . 7/16
Good because that half breed, Inuyasha abused, slapped and hit Kagome. No wonder he didn't deserve to live nor was he worthy to exist.
Inuyasha haters chapter 5 . 7/16
Great, now Kikyo's dead, way to go, you filthy half breed.
1. Chapter 1 chapter 2 . 7/16
In a flash, InuYasha raised his hand and slapped Kagome hard across the face. She screamed in shock and fear as her body was tossed to the side by the force of his hand. 'Oh my God … he hit me!' Before her thoughts progressed much further, Sango and Miroku intervened. Kagome watched silently as Miroku's staff crashed down on InuYasha's head, sending him reeling to the ground. Kagome's wrist was freed and Sango pulled her terrified friend away from her assailant. Kilala positioned herself between the girls and InuYasha as she took on her large, ferocious form. Miroku stood above InuYasha, holding out his right hand in a threat to unleash the Wind Tunnel, and shouted instructions to Kagome. "Get on your bike and go home, Kagome. We will keep him away from you." Regaining her senses, Miroku's words struck Kagome with a sense of finality. She hugged Sango tightly and saw Shippo glaring menacingly at InuYasha from the fireside. Sango whispered, "Go, Kagome. We'll keep him off your trail as long as possible." "Thank you," Kagome choked out through frightful tears. Sango released her from their embrace and pushed at her gently. "Go. Quickly. Be safe." Kagome nodded and ran to her bike. She quickly mounted the contraption. Kagome pedaled at full speed, steering herself towards Kaede's village and the Bone Eater's Well. As Kagome pedaled her bike to the crest of a hill, Kaede's village came into view below. The young woman slowed to a stop and dismounted from her bicycle. The adrenaline that fuelled most of Kagome's flight was dwindling and exhaustion was gaining on her. She lowered the kickstand and sat on the cool grass. Her back slouched. The events of the past few hours were slowly becoming reality to Kagome Higurashi. Soon she was hugging her knees to her chest as a fresh crop of tears sprouted and cascaded down the girl's face. 'I let this happen. I let him off the hook so many times before finally standing up for myself. For what? At what price? My dignity. My security. My pride. My duty to restore the Sacred Jewel … The jewel! What will happen now? How can I restore the Shikon Jewel alone? I cannot face Naraku on my own! I am too weak …'
Inuyasha haters chapter 5 . 7/2
Kikyo's standing up for Kagome for real?