Reviews for The Enemy of My Enemy
In a flash, InuYasha raised his hand and slapped Kagome hard across the face. She screamed in shock and fear as her body was tossed to the side by the force of his hand. 'Oh my God … he hit me!' Before her thoughts progressed much further, Sango and Miroku intervened. Kagome watched silently as Miroku's staff crashed down on InuYasha's head, sending him reeling to the ground. Kagome's wrist was freed and Sango pulled her terrified friend away from her assailant. Kilala positioned herself between the girls and InuYasha as she took on her large, ferocious form. Miroku stood above InuYasha, holding out his right hand in a threat to unleash the Wind Tunnel, and shouted instructions to Kagome. "Get on your bike and go home, Kagome. We will keep him away from you." Regaining her senses, Miroku's words struck Kagome with a sense of finality. She hugged Sango tightly and saw Shippo glaring menacingly at InuYasha from the fireside. Sango whispered, "Go, Kagome. We'll keep him off your trail as long as possible." "Thank you," Kagome choked out through frightful tears. Sango released her from their embrace and pushed at her gently. "Go. Quickly. Be safe." Kagome nodded and ran to her bike. She quickly mounted the contraption. Kagome pedaled at full speed, steering herself towards Kaede's village and the Bone Eater's Well. As Kagome pedaled her bike to the crest of a hill, Kaede's village came into view below. The young woman slowed to a stop and dismounted from her bicycle. The adrenaline that fuelled most of Kagome's flight was dwindling and exhaustion was gaining on her. She lowered the kickstand and sat on the cool grass. Her back slouched. The events of the past few hours were slowly becoming reality to Kagome Higurashi. Soon she was hugging her knees to her chest as a fresh crop of tears sprouted and cascaded down the girl's face. 'I let this happen. I let him off the hook so many times before finally standing up for myself. For what? At what price? My dignity. My security. My pride. My duty to restore the Sacred Jewel … The jewel! What will happen now? How can I restore the Shikon Jewel alone? I cannot face Naraku on my own! I am too weak …'
Inuyasha haters chapter 1 . 3/28
He deserves all the/other huge grudge against him for slapping/hitting Kagome.
The cardinal rule of Tetsusaiga's enchantment is to never ever even hit weak people at all.
The light gained momentum and came into full view. The large glowing orb shot straight at them. Sesshomaru drew Tokijin with deadly accuracy, only to strike empty air. The orb flew through Sesshomaru and struck Kagome like a cannonball. He spun around like a top to see Kagome hit the ground screaming. Kagome shrieked as the light fused with her and she writhed on the ground. Her arms and legs flailed as she howled. "InuYasha, you bastard! I hate you! I hate you! I HATE YOU! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhh!" Kagome's eyes spun in their sockets, unable to focus on anything. Her cries rang throughout the trees, ricocheted off leaves, and sent flocks of birds into the skies.

Kagome screamed and wailed from the flood of dark emotions that had been reunited with her being. The force of this reunion arched the girl's body and tension gripped every limb. Kagome released one final, ear-piercing shriek and her body went limp. She had lost consciousness from the trauma.

Sesshomaru began to pace up and down Kagome's side. "A witch by the name of Urasue. You see, this girl is the reincarnation of a priestess who died fifty years ago …" He relayed the tale to Mizaki, including Kagome's time travel through the well and the Jewel of Four Souls. "And so, the question that remains is how did the lost portion of her soul escape its clay prison?"

Kagome put her hand on her forehead and wrinkled her brow. "Two days?" she muttered to herself. What happened? When that thing hit me I was angry … angrier than I've ever been … But it looked like a soul, like when those things take them to Kikyo. She sighed and looked to the ceiling. Kagome wandered in thought and had almost drifted back to sleep when Sesshomaru entered the room.
InuYasha leaped from treetop to treetop in the scant light of a waning moon. He chased the dwindling scents of clay, graveyard soil, and spiritual energy; indicating that Kikyo had passed through recently. He had followed this path from the moment Sango, Miroku, and Shippo parted ways with him and left him unable to track Kagome. Kikyo has to know how to find Naraku's heart. This trail can't be that old. I just left her last night. He sprung along, skimming leaf laden limbs as he replayed the last twenty-four hours in his mind. Having grown up on the outskirts of society after his mother's death, InuYasha's teachings were skewed and his views were wayward when it came to many things. The trauma of Kikyo's supposed betrayal caused them to mutate further; blurring them into an abstraction of garbled, flawed conceptions of what is right and what is unforgivable. His duality between loving Kikyo and mistaking Kagome to be a replacement for Kikyo was only to add to this horrible concoction. And Kikyo's unholy resurrection became a catalyst in this volatile mixture that pushed the limits of InuYasha's psyche to their absolute limits. Unfortunate for our former hero, he was unaware of his flaws, and this entire mess was logical in his brain. InuYasha still held himself blameless. He believed that he reacted as any man would. "Feh!" he snorted, asserting his innocence of any misconduct to an absent audience. What the hell is everyone's problem? I just wanted her to shut up. She shouldn't talk about Kikyo like that. Kikyo would never behave like that. Stupid Kagome … let her go home! I don't need her! InuYasha put forth an extra burst of energy to leap across a clearing as something else came into view: two Soul Collectors. InuYasha smirked and followed the serpentine demons.

"I decided to leave Kagome and the others behind," he began to improvise; "I know in my heart that only you and I can destroy Naraku. I know in my heart that I belong by your side, not hers." He walked slowly and came to stand before her. Her eyes remained cold as they examined him. InuYasha continued to fabricate his reasons for finding Kikyo. "Kagome was just a pale shadow of your beauty, of your ability. Kikyo, I never want to be away from you again."
I can't stand Kagome and Inuyasha together with each other because they're nothing but another insufferable love hate relationship.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/16/2017
Where is the rest of the story? It's not finished yet. Loved it.
Tosha232 chapter 21 . 11/2/2017
Awe! I had no idea I was getting closer to the last updated chapter! Awesome!
Anti Love Hate chapter 1 . 5/19/2017
Inuyasha doesn't deserve forgiveness that easily for hitting Kagome anyway, does he? He doesn't deserve any women at all either, does he?
Guest chapter 9 . 3/11/2017
ok, this is where you're losing me. They've only been in each other's company for 10 days, 2 of which had Kagome knocked out.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/11/2017
Kagome is mad rude. Her mother didn't teach her any manners?
Guest chapter 5 . 3/11/2017
If it was that easy to kill Kikyo she would have died at mt hakurei (as she should have)
Guest chapter 4 . 3/11/2017
I wouldn't say that sess is OC. We only see him in one type of scenario and from one POV in the anime/manga. The way you wrote his manner of speech, his analytical nature and how easily he creates a new strategy and manipulates are on par with what we know.
TheRisenChaos chapter 5 . 1/19/2017
Now please keep in mind, I love Kikyo too and am not trying to bash her and say she's a terrible character who doesn't deserve fans - that'd be stupid. But let's be real here, folks - Kikyo is not perfect. She's not flawless, she's not a 100% pure and innocent little angel, and she's not blameless for the mistakes she makes and the not-so-good things she does that she ought to be held accountable for. A notable double standard among fans is that when Kagome gets jealous of the fact that Inu-Yasha still has feelings for Kikyo (who is Kagome's past life who's supposed to be DEAD and the whole point of Kagome even being there is that she fulfill what Kikyo COULDN'T in life, but then Kikyo got resurrected, waltzed back into Inu-Yasha's life when she wasn't meant to be there anymore, and became a big focus of Inu-Yasha's attention and affections again even when he'd seemed to be falling for Kagome, so yeah Kagome's point of view is understandable here), and seems to want to keep the two of them apart, Kagome gets demonized as a clingy, jealous Yandere and hated on for being so selfish, immature, and not really caring about Inu-Yasha's feelings or about Kikyo's happiness. But when Kikyo tries to MURDER Kagome out of jealousy over her and Inu-Yasha's relationship, no one calls her a yandere, even though this is a more extreme jealous reaction than anything out of Kagome, who never tried to kill Kikyo and in fact has SAVED Kikyo on occasions. Yet Kikyo's still seen as pure and blameless, with all blame for her shortcomings getting shifted to Naraku for the shit he pulled that turned her so cold. Heck, the most rabid Kikyo fans even cheer her on in her attempts on Kagome's life! The actual HELL, people!? Not to mention that there are, like with all the characters, problems with how Rumiko Takahashi wrote her and her part in the story. Many times were presented where it seemed Kikyo would be re-killed and finally be able to move on and rest in peace only for the status quo to be kept instead. The ramifications of Kikyo and her modern day reincarnation both existing in this time period at the same time weren't delved into enough, neither was the fact that Kikyo had put Inu-Yasha into a sleep coma when she was misled to think he'd betrayed her and was a threat to humankind yet she's still treated as a viable romantic partner for him. And how in the end she was treated like a saintly Purity Sue who was never tainted by hatred like other shrine priestesses, even though what we saw of her suggested otherwise. Kikyo's awesome and may very well be a stronger, more compelling character than Kagome, but her fans need to have their limits and recognize when she is to be criticized for certain faults in her character. To not do so is to risk succumbing to rabid fandom.
TheRisenChaos chapter 1 . 1/19/2017
Now please keep in mind, I love Kikyo too and am not trying to bash her and say she's a terrible character who doesn't deserve fans - that'd be stupid. But let's be real here, folks - Kikyo is not perfect. She's not flawless, she's not a 100% pure and innocent little angel, and she's not blameless for the mistakes she makes and the not-so-good things she does that she ought to be held accountable for. A notable double standard among fans is that when Kagome gets jealous of the fact that Inu-Yasha still has feelings for Kikyo (who is Kagome's past life who's supposed to be DEAD and the whole point of Kagome even being there is that she fulfill what Kikyo COULDN'T in life, but then Kikyo got resurrected, waltzed back into Inu-Yasha's life when she wasn't meant to be there anymore, and became a big focus of Inu-Yasha's attention and affections again even when he'd seemed to be falling for Kagome, so yeah Kagome's point of view is understandable here), and seems to want to keep the two of them apart, Kagome gets demonized as a clingy, jealous Yandere and hated on for being so selfish, immature, and not really caring about Inu-Yasha's feelings or about Kikyo's happiness. But when Kikyo tries to MURDER Kagome out of jealousy over her and Inu-Yasha's relationship, no one calls her a yandere, even though this is a more extreme jealous reaction than anything out of Kagome, who never tried to kill Kikyo and in fact has SAVED Kikyo on occasions. Yet Kikyo is still seen as pure and blameless, with all blame for her shortcomings getting shifted to Naraku for the shit he pulled that turned her so cold. Heck, the most rabid Kikyo fans even cheer her on in her attempts on Kagome's life! The actual HELL, people!?

Kikyo is awesome and may very well be a stronger, more compelling character than Kagome, but her fans need to have their limits and recognize when she is to be criticized for certain faults in her character. To not do so is to risk succumbing to rabid fandom.