Reviews for The Morning After
Flamekaat chapter 2 . 12/5/2012
*_* wow that was amazing! Super extra like! It was so rich in telling detailed feelings and i really like it when the characters feelings are well thought out and explained. Thank you!
0-inkwell-0 chapter 2 . 10/23/2007
Lovely fic! I enjoyed both chapters very much!
jesuistigerlily chapter 2 . 10/1/2007
Oh god.. So sweet! I LOVE this!
Mrs Hatake Itachi chapter 2 . 4/7/2007
J. Dawnwolf chapter 2 . 3/31/2007
Aw, so sweet! I love the way that it is written, truly elegant and eloquent together in the way that it tells the story. Another fine piece of fanfiction.
RedBrunja chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
Damn you Why didn’t I know about this fic the instant it was posted! A MONTH! I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS FIC FOR A MONTH! *shrikes with rage* You know, I want to ask you to drop me an e-mail when you post fic- because you write things- you *dedicated* something to be and then you don’t get a review for it!

I feel awful. *seethes at seethes*

I love how you set this fic up. The opening description is great and I can immediately see what Yaone’s bedroom looks like. “his room most definitely didn't smell like a combination of vanilla, fresh herbs and just a hint of gunpowder.” I love the mix of scents you use here- they’re perfect for Yaone.

I really like how you have Duko slowly describe Yaone, and the little details like the cold air.

“Of course it was. He was such a gentleman.”

Hee! This line made me giggle.

When I found out he couldn’t quite remember what had happened, I wondered if he’d gotten hit on the head- *how* you could forget falling into bed with your best friend? But I supposed he could be in denial.

I liked Doku walking her back to her room- I’ve had guys do that for me, and even if it’s not needed, it’s still a nice courtesy. Also, it’s interesting that he has the same reaction to women crying as his brother- I’m not surprised at all about that one.

“here had to be a law somewhere dictating that this woman wasn't allowed to look so incredibly vulnerable as she covered her moistened eyes with one hand and turned away with a softly sobbed, "I'm sorry."”

At at the precise moment, Yaone gets Dokugakuji wrapped around her little finger... The detail about finding her reddened eyes attractive was nice- you’re not glamorizing her but I’d totally believable that he’d find that pretty.

”Panicked adrenaline kicked into his system and it took everything he had not to just fling himself from her bed and run for the door, regardless of the fact that he was stark naked.”

Yep, that’s the typical just-slept-with-best-friend reaction. *gigglesnort* At this point I half-expected him to sneak away, but I’m glad that he didn’t. Also, I really like that Yaone made the first (clearly sexual) move here. That’s how I see their dynamic working as well. The description of the build up was nice, and I love the mixture of passion and gentleness that you describe.

The last scene was cute, with Duko smiling like a moron- I bet he’s be adorable when he’s in love.

I really like how you use scents in this- you open both chapters with smells and it instantly sets the stage. I really like your description of them having sex, and adding in the little details like him kissing his way up her arm... hot.

“She'd been very uncertain about her position in the prince's entourage, overwhelmed at finding herself living in a castle with a room that was bigger than her father's entire house, and still so unbelievably hurt by her family's betrayal that she was like a walking ghost in the hall ways.” I really like this sentence. Too many people ignore the fact that Yaone has angst from her childhood, and I love how you set up so nicely why she would fall for Duko. (But what, you don’t like clam chowder?)

The whole resolution scene was great- of course Yaone would assume it was a one-night thing, and I really like how she prepped herself for him to leave her and then the whole interaction where Duko’s all, “I’m not.” My little romantic heart was all a-flutter.

Also, finding out that Yaone had given the women interested in Duko the wrong information make me cackle fiendishly.

So sorry it took me so long to review this- I had no idea this was even here. (Damn you again Damn you!)
PureRose chapter 2 . 1/14/2007
Loved it!
blahsblah2001 chapter 2 . 1/11/2007
Whoo! Romance stories are so much better when you're in love.

How's it going with you? I haven't talked to you in forever!

Serephim chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
This was Awesome! You did a great job on this. I love this pairing because they would do well together. THanks for putting this story up.

GreyLiliy chapter 2 . 1/7/2007
I want a Dokugakuji. He's so adorablely manly and I don't care if he screwed his mother! Such a cute swordsman.

Very cute little 2-shot. Dumb Yaone doubting him! Sorry, couldn't help but think it. But the ending was very nice. "I'm not."

*squeal* So cute.