Reviews for Foreign
Sand chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
O.. M.. G.. That was AMAZING. You did extremely well on Ico and Yorda and the whole thing played like a movie in my head. You should become a writer, it was fabulous. You did really well on her mother too. Kudos man
xxkoffeexx chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I love how you transposed the game's unfamiliar settings and characters into something I definitely understand and relate to. Ico's isolation from everybody, Yorda's relationship with her mother, it all comes together smoothly in this piece, and I enjoyed reading it very much.
WhySoGayTae chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Wow this was just.. AMAZING! It was so very well written! Loved how you did it in a modern setting. Such a bittersweet love/friendship that I was afraid this was going to have a sad ending. Gosh such an abusive scary mother, poor Yorda. but I'm glad she was alive and well at the end. I'm glad they reunited. Hmm I do wonder, did they meet again a few years later?
Anyway thank you for this shot. very interesting I loved it!
017Bluefield chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Nice job. Almost perfect intergration of roles. Plus, it feels similar to the original Ico, in a sense.

9.7/10
StarShine47 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
A

LOVE it D
SilverTwilight05 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Beautifully written, I love that you were able to place both Ico and Yorda in a modern setting without changing the most important parts of their character. There is still that sense of isolation, though this time they are surrounded by the apathetic and uncaring. Wonderful job.
OrpheumZero chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Very interesting. While a bit different, it was still a nice take on the characters. In some ways I relate to Ico, while not foreign myself *although I'm very Native American, despite my light complection* I always found myself being hated by others for no darned reason beyond being different *though I do have some ideas as to what was irking them*. It's a neat idea having them both be immigrants and thus seperated by a strong language barrier.

Overall, it's an interesting take. Not as lighthearted as the fairy tale that is the game, but it makes sense when it's grounded in a harsh reality.
eCZi chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
OHMYGAWD I LOVE THIS! :D

That was so tragic; I thought Yorda was to die for sure. D:

But I really like how you put it in more mdern times, although, Ico didn't kill her momma. XP

But you just set up the most cliff-hanging cliffhanger! D It frustrates me! But suspense-wise, it was TOO GOOD! ldkfndlf

If you can, PLEASE update or continue (I forgot to look on the status of this...) this! I wanna see what could possibly happen between them! OH.

LOL, Amazing job on this fic! :] I give you mucho kudos. haha.

:D
xSapphireLightsx chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
O.O (mega tackle glomps you over) OH MY GOD I WUV YOU!

this has got to be the first time i've seen someone take Ico and Yorda out of the game world and into a new one of it's own, heck one where they're living normal (sort of) lives and going to school. :3 i never could have thought of it, you have great creative imagination!

You really stayed true to the characters also, Ico and Yorda interacting is something you could imagine them being like if they could have understood each other, *_* THIS IS JUST SO GOOD! the plot was really awesme also i couldn't stop reading it i really got worried Yorda died for a second, -.- can't believe her Mother cold witch gr!

x3 you've made my day, thank you for such a wonderful story
kalasad chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
I believe that this story was very true to the original game, right to the very end. Written beautifully, very much gives the same feeling for Ico and Yorda's relationship. Fanfictions like these make me reconsider hating AUs.
Me chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
That was incredible!

Like, present-day Ico. Without horns xD

But really. Touching story! You should write more stories like this.
Seimei chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Wow. That was top-notch. Excellent writing, excellent story-telling, excellent characterization... It completely captured the essence of the game. I love it.
Pugnacious Peace chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
THAT WAS AWESOME! WHOE! Wow! I love it! FAVORITE!
Tobu Ishi chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
And here I thought I'd never see a really good "modernization" of a non-modern canon setting.
zephyrocity chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
That was so lovely. I can't even sum its magnificence up in words...

Your characterisation was wonderful.

I'm adding this to my favourite stories.