Reviews for Minuet
DragonflyxParodies chapter 16 . 1/22/2014
Jeez. O.O
This is definitely a take on Sheik that I've never read before. I really enjoyed this! The plot is unique...AND your writing style itself is beautiful.
justdoodlingaround chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
You write so well. Really. I'm so glad I discovered this story...
justdoodlingaround chapter 2 . 4/3/2013
This is amazing. You are amazing.
RayHollowsArchive chapter 16 . 8/28/2012
.. :0 This was such a good story! I...Loved it so much; the characters were amazing, the plot was awesome... I am super glad I read it!
AKAAkira chapter 16 . 3/2/2012
For me, what I liked the most was how much you've conveyed the characterizations accurately and strongly for most of the cast. I also thought your narration and vocabulary were very good.

On the other hand...despite you saying you've taken liberties with the plot, I still think that premise is unacceptably weak. At the least, you could've given Link everything he actually received, like all of the songs, instead of just two. This is more minor, but...you had the windmill burn down in Kakariko, when Link hadn't even learned the Song of Storms yet. And Link needed the Hookshot before going into the Temple of Forest.

And plus...though you got Shiek's character down good, her role hadn't been played out nearly as well. Mostly, she didn't thoroughly know exactly what Link needed, like having Link travel back in time for the Spirit Temple, as her very important symbol as a "guide" advertised.

Some stuff were still good though, like when they took Epona, and that irony of Link finding Shiek with the very song she gave her.

Overall, great start, lackluster finish.
Mistress Moitie chapter 16 . 1/21/2012
Just found this story tonight and finished it in one sitting. You had me captivated from start to finish. I really enjoyed the characterizations. I was especially fond of Link. You captured his essence more strongly than most stories I have read on here.

Thank you so much for letting us into your mind for a bit, and for sharing this beautiful yet tragic tale. Favorited.
JohnTitor chapter 16 . 10/13/2011
There's a piece on here that I read before coming across your fic, it's called Go to Sleep Hero, by Stardie Risen, it's basically Zelda dressed up as Sheik and her encounters with Link. It's only two chapters long, but when I started reading yours that's what I had in mind.

/s/1501495/1/Go_to_Sleep_Hero

At the end of this, I was really tripped out. I don't really like when people make Sheik a separate character; nevertheless, you managed to make it alright. You pulled of the emotions well.

Once again, you deprived me of a happy ending, and along with the whole Sheik being a separate character I didn't really enjoy this; however, don't be discouraged. It was only your concepts that kept me from enjoying your fics. I really loved your character development, and writing skills. I read a fic, that I didn't like, all the way through. That's saying a lot, since if I don't like something i'll drop it, yet I kept reading yours. Great job, hope you're still an active member, since if not I 1} Wasted my time reviewing and 2} Won't be able to see more future fics. Good luck.
Trolly's Bara-chan chapter 16 . 2/26/2011
You made me cry!

This story is just so beautiful. Sheik, such a tragic character, and yet he's still redeemed in the end. He doesn't get to stay with them, but it's not over yet. . .

Damnit, I'm still crying!
Sunnepho chapter 16 . 1/22/2010
Ah, I don't remember if I reviewed last time I read this story, so whatever. I'll say it again.

I'm in love with your characterization. No one is too flatly evil or too perfect, and I love it.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/23/2009
very good story.

it's amazing how you portray link and sheik romantically- but not making it so gay like people try to put them now a days. its very subtle and charming. it's a real love story.

very nice.
Meg chapter 16 . 9/27/2008
Well I have no idea how long ago you wrote this and if you still care about comments about it but I spent all night reading it so I thought you deserved to hear just how highly I think of this story. It really is wonderful, Sheik is my favorite character and you have done a great take on him. Very very good... uh sorry its late, I cant come up with anything intelligent to say but I loved it. Thank you for writing, goodnight!
Black Emerald Dawn chapter 16 . 12/20/2007
I truly love your work! It's so well written and plays with your emotions. Amazing job!
RandomTopic chapter 16 . 9/30/2007
Hmm, nice ending. Uplifting. I particularly liked the short epilogue.
X chapter 16 . 9/26/2007
This was a really great fic.

To begin with, I really liked how you decided to portray the Sheikah , the whole "cursed to the shadow" thingamajig flowed quite nicely into the original storyline.

I also really like how you made Sheik's personality. No longer the cold, emotionless shell, he actually has doubts and desires.

The only thing I didn't really like was how Sheik ended up dying in the end. (please make an alternate ending!) Although this could be because some logic would point to Sheik actually getting his own body and living; it's actually because it just makes me really sad T.T

Now I'm just rambling, so I'll finish up by saying Great Story, Great Character portrayal, and Please make either an alternate ending or a sequel (both with Sheik living in the end)
awesome chapter 16 . 6/27/2007
Wonderful fic! You did an excellent job.