Reviews for Shades of Love
Arianna18 chapter 11 . 8/4/2008
I know I read earlier parts of this story but somehow got sidetracked ... finally realized I'd never finished it today. Man, this is great! I love the banter! The whole thing read just like an episode with just the right amount of suspence, danger and h/c. Especially loved the special guest appearance by the late Mrs. H! Loved it all!

Congrats Liz on a really terrific story and thanks so much for writing it for us!
sbishoff chapter 11 . 12/23/2007
Loved that Mark thought of Gulls-Way as home, and that all the smells reminded him of it.

Also loved that he wanted to know that Nancy was still there, and that he found her.
sbishoff chapter 10 . 12/23/2007
Loved the talk between Frank and Mark when Frank tells him that he knows Mark had help, and asks who it was. Not surprised Mark didn't want to tell the judge.

Also loved Hardcastle's protectiveness in not wanting to let him alone with Frank because he thought there might e troubel with the police.
sbishoff chapter 9 . 12/23/2007
Great Chapter. Loved how Nancy helped Frank get into the house. Glad Mark was okay in the end.
sbishoff chapter 8 . 12/23/2007
Great chapter. Mark's determinaion to do everything he can to protect Hardcastle no matter what the consequences to himself is a testiment to his loyalty to the judge.
sbishoff chapter 7 . 12/23/2007
Loved this chapter as well, especially Nancy;s frustration with mark when he told her he was going back to help he judge. Loved when she told him that he and the judge were tow of a kind, and he said he didn't know whether to be insulted or not, although we know he really wasn't. Also loved how she told him that she would help him, but if she thought he was in danger, she would come back and he would hide. Great chemistry between Nancy and Mark. It is easy to see that she has come to care for Mark as well.
sbishoff chapter 6 . 12/23/2007
This is one of my favorite chapters. Loved Nancy's take on things. That compared to what she has been watching Mark and the judge do, heaven is boring. And now she is here to help Mark save the judge, and keep him alive while he does.
sbishoff chapter 5 . 12/23/2007
Another great chapter.

Hardcastle's tender treatment of the injured Mark was great. All the caring he normally hides was clearly evident, even to Guzman. He could also see that McCormick was loyal to the judge as well, even if he was the man who sent to prison.
sbishoff chapter 4 . 12/23/2007
Great chapter. Loved it. Was very glad Frank was able to talk Hardcastle into agreeing to beefing up the security, and not taking chances. Although if it hadn't been for the fact that it wasn't just him in danger, he never would have agreed. He accepted the changes to protect McCormick more than himself, just as Mark is more worried about the judge's safety then his own.
sbishoff chapter 3 . 12/20/2007
Another good chapter. Frank was obviously not happy to see them, but not all together surpised.

Loved the part where Leo and Guzman were looking at the plans for the house, and Leo was telling the layout of the Gatehouse, and mentioned the elusive kitchen.

Thanks for sharing.
sbishoff chapter 2 . 12/20/2007
Nice conversation between the two. I was glad Mark was able to get the judge to admit that he needed to be careful.
sbishoff chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
Loved the story. Mark's protectiveness and fear for Hardcastle's safety was great. Even if the judge was not going to take the threat seriously, he was.

Loved that Frank was angry when he found out about the letter from Guzman.
JeanneZ84 chapter 11 . 6/7/2007
This is definantly the PERFECT TITLE for this story.

I read this before and i can honestly say there couldnt be any more love between two friends then Milt and always watch each others back and would absolutely do anything for the other.

This was also a dramatic story where they had bad guys out at Gulls ways after them to try and kill them.

It all worked out though the police showed up and took care of the situation.

Its great when friends care so much for each other.

This is a great written great story line it shows how Mark and Milt really took care of each other.

JeanneZ84
jtbwriter chapter 11 . 1/22/2007
Make me cry now...what a story!

I love how you nailed Mark's concern and protection of the Judge-and how Nancy Hardcastle was exactly how you could imagine her to be. I didn't catch it when Frank was "helped" by her, but that was a nice moment for Harper and Mark.

Thanks for a great read!
Tharin chapter 11 . 1/18/2007
So he didn't tell him. But I guess Hardcastle wouldn't had believed it (even if he'd believed that Mark had seen Nancy, he would have thought it a hallucination, not a ghost). It's very short, but it's a nice ending.