Reviews for Cognitive Dissonance
Starkitty Angel chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
I have reread this story for what must be the 5th time. I find this story extremely well written and thought out, and I have completely fallen in love with Percy again. You got his character spot on. The plot is simple, yet complex, and nowhere near contrived. I can easily see this happening. You really have created an amazing story.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider your plan to abandon this fic, because it one of my most favorites I've ever read and still find myself wanting more of it. And considering the events of Book 7, I find you may even be able to stick to canon. I understand how it is when the muse goes silent, but if you can find the inspiration to finish this fic, I (and many others, I'm sure) would be extremely happy.
anon chapter 4 . 7/5/2007
I don't think that Grimmald place is secret anymore because Dumbledore was afraid of its secrecy at the end of OotP. I suppose that is inconsequential. I also don't believe he is being treated that harshly at MoM. I could also never see Hestia get involved with Percy Weasley of all people.

Overall, you have most of the characters in this story IC with canon and it is a very original and engaging story. I look forward to the next chapter in hope that you can prove me wrong.
yellow notepaper chapter 4 . 6/11/2007
oh my goodness. you have officially converted me to the percy fan club. and i love the way you can elaborate on the plot and really create a whole setting and environment for the story, so its not just straighfoward. you'll be amazing someday.
Sunshine Spray chapter 4 . 6/4/2007
Wow.

Excellent story.
aleecm chapter 4 . 6/4/2007
So far, I am really enjoying this story. I like the way you've got the tiny details that make it seem more realistic, and I especially like the way you make Percy seem human. That last chapter, the part with Bill and Fleur? It was wonderfully written. I've never believed Percy was really bad, like you said, just a bit too pragmatic, a little too ambitious and a major stickler for propriety.

I appreciate the fact that you have addressed and are still addressing Percy's relationship with Penelope, as well as the way you show his feelings towards the Order and it's members. You've got Percy characterized very well. His budding attraction to Hestia is also subletly evident, first in the fact that he noticed enough about her appearance to notice the feather in her hair, and then in his confusion when he finds himself ogling her. _~

This was a long review, and very rambly-so it put it simply, good job, I look forward to the next chapter.
Allergic-to-Paradox chapter 4 . 6/2/2007
Ahh, the government lying to the public. You must be a fellow american. *lol*

Seriously though, this was a great chapter, and it was only a matter of time before a man like Scrimgeour 'gave the truth scope'. _

I am v. v. glad that Percy chose Bill and Fluer over Umbridge's bitchy demands, but of course he has just walked into a trap, Umbridge will be searching out that file now, or she'll send Fitzpatrick to do it for her, would be my guess.

And he is noticing Hestia /finally/! *g* He can be so thick sometimes, and you write that so well. *beams*

Well, what will happen when the ministry finds Sirius' house, and can't see it, but set a guard on it and catch anyone coming in or out? Maybe I'm putting too much into it, but I think that's where this is leading. Ahh, the tangled webs we weave.

And well done on Fleur's accent too, by the way.

Yes, all in all it was a wonderful chapter and I greatly look forward to more, as do all your impatient yet faithful readers, *g*

Cheers,

~Allyp
24601 chapter 4 . 6/1/2007
Well done, I really like Percy as a charactor and I think you've done a good job writing him. He tends to get written off with no depth. I love that he came through for Bill. Is this eventually getting to be Hestia/Percy story? Sounds cool.

Thanks
tudorrose1533 chapter 4 . 6/1/2007
Wow.

Great chapter. It was wonderful to read a new one!

I liked the subtle hint of Percy's attraction to Hestia, as well as the seeing the view of the Order from the outside.

My favorite part was the scene with Bill and Fleur. God, Umbridge is a royal bitch. I felt so bad for Bill and Fleur. And I'm glad Percy made an exception...for a scary moment I thought he wouldn't!

Great job, overall. Your writing style is so...you! And excellent.
Anidori-Kiladra chapter 4 . 6/1/2007
Yay Percy! But I have a feeling that things won't go quite as he wishes. And I'm very excited about the tantalizing hint of romance in this chapter. Update soon!

~Ani
Mynuet chapter 4 . 6/1/2007
Poor Percy. He's trying so hard to cling to his idealism, but the world isn't conforming very well. Yay for him choosing family and fairness over the strict letter of the law and Umbridge's orders. I get the feeling, though, that he just walked directly into a trap. :/
hydraspit chapter 4 . 6/1/2007
werewolves can't get married? That's a disgusting law.

I'm loving how you are characterizing Percy in this story, we see that he can be a prat at times, but he is a good guy.

Great work! I'm really enjoying this. Update quickly please. :D
ProperT chapter 4 . 5/31/2007
Seriously Good Update. Percy begining to think on his own, Harry is probably safe with the Order, and Percy was staring at Hestia... yes, seriously good update indeed. And by the way, I hope Umbrdidge croaks... :) Update Again Soon.
anonymous chapter 4 . 5/31/2007
good chapter
astridfire chapter 4 . 5/31/2007
Oh, Percy! I want to sieze him by the ears and kiss his head too. :) Another really great chapter!

It's really weird, I was just thinking about this story when I got the alert in my inbox... I must be psychic. :)
Anidori-Kiladra chapter 3 . 5/21/2007
You've created a complex and intriguing story here. I can't wait to see where it goes next. Update soon.

~Ani