Reviews for Fallout
DarthBadGuy chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
You captured a side of Trent that most players could never even guess at, hidden between the lines of the Neural Net, and presented it in a way that was both poetic and 's not a hero, he's just someone who better late than never left his home planet to "make his fortune" and got caught in an intergalactic war for humanity-And changed greatly Done!
A Guy That's Just Read This chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I liked this story a lot, I'm guessing you have written fan-fiction for other games? You described Trent's thoughts in a very detailed way. Keep it up!
Kevin T chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
This is almost exactly how I felt when I finished the game. I had this hugely powerful ship, all the money I could want, and nothing to do. I tried going to the Molly base and destoying it, but as I'm sure you know, that's a base, not a destroyable object, and you could fire a million missiles at it and it wouldn't have so much as a dent.

I wanted to be able to shape the universe, now that I had the power. I wanted to be able to singlehandedly destroy some factions and prop-up others, and go on missions that actually made a long-term change, not just a simple change in my Reputation score.

That's one reason why I found True Crime: New York City to be fulfilling, because it was possible to actually clean up the city and reduce crime, section by section, so missions weren't just busy work.

If anyone makes a game where your actions can really make a difference outside of the strictly-scripted storyline, that has the possibiliy of becoming the best game the world has yet seen. Until then, there will be games like Freelancer (and Civilization) which gives you the option of playing after the main game is over, but you really can't do anything important.
Jaeeton chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
This was really good, I loved this game and I think this is really how Trent would act. You really got the character, this was so well written. Very nice.
Aryk von Straln chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Oh please don't tell me this is a one-shot! Although I personally never finished the game myself, I reached that pivotal point that you mentioned with the Dragons. This is great, someone who went through what Trent did would not be satisfied with a "normal" life, even if it is the life of a freelancer. I'm going to fire it up and give it another play-through, maybe with mods this time! I bid you adieu and hope you write some more!
Targ Collective chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
That... was class. Sheer class. Visionary. A fantastic grasp of Trent's character, a marvellous exploration of his climbdown... I'm almost lost for words, that brilliant piece of work is so... beautiful.

A couple of things you need to know, now. First of all, if you base your fic in the Discovery mod you'll have a lot more flexibility; the mod fleshes out Nomad space very nicely. The Nomad sector of space is reachable from Omicron Alpha and Omicron Gamma respectively; these are the Outcast and Corsair areas respectively. The best course is through Omega-3 Omega-5 Omega 41 Omicron Gamma. The jump hole to Nomad space is in the large radioactive cloud to the North. In vanilla this is a dead end which throws small groups of Nomad fighters at you; in Discovery the planets in this system (Gammu and Primus) sell things and pay big bounties on Hunters. Continue through the cosmic tunnel here and (Discovery-only) you will reach another Omicron system; nearby is a jumphole to Omicron Minor, close to Freeport 11.

Caution! Once you enter Nomad space you will encounter entire Nomad fleets! Avoid contact!

Please, if only for me, chronicle Trent's journey through Omicron space. You have a true gift for the written word and a real grasp of depth of character. Do not waste these gifts! Write another chapter, and soon! I will very anxiously await the next installment.

-Targ Collective
Jen chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
My brother and I read this, and we agree with everything Trent said in it! Nice story!

My brother says the Eagle is better than the Barracuda, though.

"Trent, take point!" Heehee.
Savile chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
I liked it to bad they aren't coming out with a sequel
Fulcon chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
This...this...this...is good. Please, update again soon. I'm curious. Did you know that there's a literal planet of the apes in freelancer? It's way far away, like on the edge of the galaxy. And the space around it... is infested with nomads. No joke. Anyway, this is good, once again, update soon.
Mark Solo chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
You know what? I love this game and just want to play it over and over and over again. Its fun to try some of the mods to the game and boy is it fun to fly and shot down a group of enemy figthers and knowing that there are more coming up and they got what it takes to beat you in the group and you only got your wits and skill to get you out of it alive.
Vypress chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Trent's much deeper than some people take him for, but I think you captured him extremely well. I especially liked how you touched on his stint with the Dragons, the real turning point for his character in the game. An excellent look inside his head. If you ever write more, I can't wait to read 'em!

Cheers!
Gert v.d. Linde PawPaw chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Nice start to this story. Looks good. Hope you keep the chapters coming. Lots of Luck, PawPaw
Aramaki chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
This is serious awesomeness. Dude, you have to keep going with this one, or something close to it. I had this exact same feeling when I beat the game the first time, and I couldn't do anything but start over again. Then I laughed when I saw Walker and faced down the entire Liberty Navy again, laughed when three Rheinland battleships and an assload of fighters swarmed me, and I laughed when the Nomads reared their ugly heads. Because it was something to do. The escape from the Toledo base has to be my favorite mission, after the sheer insanity of the satellite assault.

Anyway, keep going!

We need some -good- Trent-centric post-campaign stories here and on Lancer's Reactor, even though LR's formatting makes me wince.

Take point.

Aramaki out.
Lucas43 chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
This is a good story sor far. I anxiously await to see where you go with it.