Reviews for Arrow's Target
AnberlinEve chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
I think I am literally at a loss of words, lol. This is a masterful retelling of what could have happened in that genocide event. Everything links together so beautifully even the small instances where Kubo hasn't revealed yet - why Shunsui wears the pink kimono, Urahara's bankai and it's nature - even the prelude to Soi Fong joining Yoruichi...Loved the writing, I couldn't find myself looking away and the words just blended together quicksilver smooth in that tense imagery. You've got Yoruichi and Urahara's, and Kyoraku and Shunsui's relationships depicted amazingly spot on. All in all, beautifully crafted work, the Quincy's downfall was a tragedy and you have portrayed it in no words I can find to describe.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
this was amazing, you captured the lingering burden of immortal protectors perfectly. well done.
MerryKitten chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
The angst. It feeds us. Well, some of us and hopefully not too often. I feel pretty full here myself. Thanks!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Nelarun chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
This is incredible. So powerful and moving... beautifully dark and just heart breaking.

I believe that you perfectly captured the regret and grim reality that accompanied the characters before, during and after the slaughter. This was amazing. Honestly the best Bleach fanfiction I've read to date.

Thank you for this.

Snowrries chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Authors like you will never satiate your readers with enough works, because each and every story you write is so superb that we all want more. I am every bit a greedy, selfish person that wishes you had far more works for me to read.

The portrayal of the captains and their mindsets toward committing genocide was amazingly well done. None of them wanted to fight. They knew they had to, which killed them on the inside. Just because a decision has an obvious choice doesn't mean it's an easy choice to commit to, which you described in detail.

I'm a sad person right now. No more new stories to read. Sigh.
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
A sad story.
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Amazing, simply amazing. This was written incredibly well and I thank you for writing such a great story. Although I believe that the sad mood you put me in will linger a while.
Kaprice chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Beautifully written.

You're writing gave depth to a scene that I could never have imagined.

Characterization was brilliant and I love how you even included in a Quincy's POV.

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for writing!
sarahlilly95 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Wow. It's so long and amazing. Flows well, too. I love it!
Blafor chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Wow, this was just heart wrenching. It was awesome but I felt like crying through out the whole thing. It felt dark and depressing.

I have to say that the parts with the Shinigami sending the Quincy's ghosts on, the part with the Quincy boy and Unohana and the ending all were really moving scenes.

So I must say that I'm really glad I found this and Job Well Done!
Insarai Arys chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
A very good interpretation of the Quincy's Last Stand. I really like the way you keep switching views and you made the POVs so in character too. I love it all around!
keebler-elmo chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Awesome one shot. I loved how it covered so many perspectives and your ideas for Benihime were really entertaining.
Anon chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Dear gods, that was deep. Thank you.
xxIcy chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
As I believe someone else commented on, I've never read a story that I've actually cared to remember than explored the Quincy's massacre in depth.

The depth of your characters is amazing. I love the way Yoruichi and Kisuke talked: They're friends, so together, yet so different, their powers contradicting each other. I also liked the way you posed Benihime.

Your way of presenting a shinigami's role in the world as "balance" is also appreciated. It really keeps the story intact.

I don't know why, but I was also touched by the part played by Wu Fong. I have a silly prejudice against OC's in Bleach and Naruto fanfiction, but his part was necessary and also appreciated.

Remarkable. You're quite the writer.