Reviews for Arrow's Target
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
this was amazing, you captured the lingering burden of immortal protectors perfectly. well done.
MerryKitten chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
The angst. It feeds us. Well, some of us and hopefully not too often. I feel pretty full here myself. Thanks!
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
sad
Nelarun chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
This is incredible. So powerful and moving... beautifully dark and just heart breaking.

I believe that you perfectly captured the regret and grim reality that accompanied the characters before, during and after the slaughter. This was amazing. Honestly the best Bleach fanfiction I've read to date.

Thank you for this.

Nela
jujubeeza chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Authors like you will never satiate your readers with enough works, because each and every story you write is so superb that we all want more. I am every bit a greedy, selfish person that wishes you had far more works for me to read.

The portrayal of the captains and their mindsets toward committing genocide was amazingly well done. None of them wanted to fight. They knew they had to, which killed them on the inside. Just because a decision has an obvious choice doesn't mean it's an easy choice to commit to, which you described in detail.

I'm a sad person right now. No more new stories to read. Sigh.
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
A sad story.
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Amazing, simply amazing. This was written incredibly well and I thank you for writing such a great story. Although I believe that the sad mood you put me in will linger a while.
Kaprice chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Beautifully written.

You're writing gave depth to a scene that I could never have imagined.

Characterization was brilliant and I love how you even included in a Quincy's POV.

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for writing!
sarahlilly95 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Wow. It's so long and amazing. Flows well, too. I love it!
Blafor chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Wow, this was just heart wrenching. It was awesome but I felt like crying through out the whole thing. It felt dark and depressing.

I have to say that the parts with the Shinigami sending the Quincy's ghosts on, the part with the Quincy boy and Unohana and the ending all were really moving scenes.

So I must say that I'm really glad I found this and Job Well Done!
Insarai Arys chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
A very good interpretation of the Quincy's Last Stand. I really like the way you keep switching views and you made the POVs so in character too. I love it all around!
keebler-elmo chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Awesome one shot. I loved how it covered so many perspectives and your ideas for Benihime were really entertaining.
Anon chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Dear gods, that was deep. Thank you.
xxIcy chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
As I believe someone else commented on, I've never read a story that I've actually cared to remember than explored the Quincy's massacre in depth.

The depth of your characters is amazing. I love the way Yoruichi and Kisuke talked: They're friends, so together, yet so different, their powers contradicting each other. I also liked the way you posed Benihime.

Your way of presenting a shinigami's role in the world as "balance" is also appreciated. It really keeps the story intact.

I don't know why, but I was also touched by the part played by Wu Fong. I have a silly prejudice against OC's in Bleach and Naruto fanfiction, but his part was necessary and also appreciated.

Remarkable. You're quite the writer.
calatrava chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Amazing, absolutely amazing. I don’t think that I have read anything this emotionally engaging in a long while. And it seems odd how we have forgotten this part of Bleach, how Ishida has seemingly moved past his hate of the Shinigami and learned to work with them. And then something like this comes along and makes us question things, just as a good story was supposed to be. I don’t think the manga ever really took it and explored the depth of the Quincy's hatred and how it affected the immortal shinigami who had to do the deed. In fact, I find it odd how Ishida manages to even tolerate Mayuri Kurotsuchi over the current events...There were many things that I liked about this chapter, and I hope that I can list them all.

I liked your take on Urahara's bankai. Now isn’t that a mysterious bit of fandom... and yours brings an interesting element over what I saw as the blood manipulation theme that seems to fit Benhime so well.

Yoruichi exploring the ambit of her responsibilities as part of the special forces and as the second division taichou. Most fics don’t explore her past and what her role as the commander really meant. In fact, does anyone really know why Sereitei needs a special forces contingent in the first place. If their role is to maintain balance by 'redeeming' Hollows, why the need for this kind of thing? It's an idea that has been on my mind for a while and I will put it on paper on day.

Unohana's near heartbreaking role to bring a measure of peace to the fallen Quincy was well done. Must have been quite painful to face the victims and their accusations, in voice or eyes.

Ukitake and Shunsui's relationship that was always an underdeveloped friendship that seems to transcend words and give comfort to an act as painful as they ever had to do.

And I think importantly, thematically the issues of duty and necessity were explored in great detail, especially how forgiveness might never be possible for those made to do the act. And I find it interesting that Yamamoto seemed liked he wasn’t there to see the aftermath of his orders. The prerogative of command I guess.

But this story made my think and reflect. For that I have to thank you.

regards