Reviews for We're Sleeping Too Well
violet76 chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Sweet story! I wondered what happened between hiding the twins & the events during the Dark Empire duology. I love how you described the affection between Han A& Leia. Say, will you write one about their first unscheduled visit to see them?
becgate chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Loved it! Wonderful! !
oaranges chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh, that was absolutely beautiful. Bravo.

And a nice 'maybe/what if' situation, too.

Love it.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Wow...you definitely know how to get tears going, don't you EsmeAmelia? I say this because you really got the ole juices flowing as I read over Han and Leia struggling with the knowledge that Jacen and Jaina (and I'm pretty sure Anakin as well, since he's only about 1 year younger than the twins and stuff like Dark Empire occurs during the time between the Thrawn trilogy (when the twins were born) and Dark Empire/Dark Empire II (when Anakin was born)) will spend the first two years of life with Winter and nanny droids.

However, I have to admit the REASON for Han and Leia's separation from the twins feels off. I admit, I haven't read the Jedi Academy trilogy in a while, but I thought they made it out that Jacen and Jaina were sent off due to more them being targets for Imperial splinter groups and other enemies seeking a way to get revenge or leverage on the Solos or the New Republic than Luke being all "they're under threat from the Dark Side!"

Not that other EU novels didn't establish that there were Dark Jedi out there trying to get the Empire restarted or their own power grabs going, mind you. However, it was an Imperial officer who poisoned Mon Mothma and forced Leia to become President, and was behind the strike team that went after the twins in the Jedi Academy trilogy (set relatively soon after this tale would take place). The dark Jedi element occurred after their rescue and when they were with Luke on Yavin 4 for Exar Kun's attempt at self-resurrection.

Really though...I liked what you did here. Even if the official reason for Jaina and Jacen being with Winter for the first couple of years of their lives on the unknown planet was more "threat from the Empire or others with grudges against Han, Leia and Luke" than "they're the next generation of the Skywalker legacy, therefore under threat from the Dark Side from birth", I still think the scene you paint here feels right for looking at how would parents struggle with making a horrible decision like Leia and Han did. Great job!
sweetnorcute chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
even he was right you make me hate Luke, thanks for that really...

but if I remember correctly Jaya and Jasa were kidnapped when they were with Leia. But you're right to hate EU. They just ruin everything..Anakin Solo becames Star Destroyer..Darth Caedus etc.

it was so cute really
TrickForTreat chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Congratulations, really.

I'm crying. Like WAY crying. It's...perfect. I'm gonna favourite it, but I don't ever wanna read it again...(nothign against you; I just don't wanna be crying again)

It's so truly sad, but it's so beautiful...you even made me feel like Luke was the bad guy (slightly) and that's hard. Good job.
TriGemini chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
WOW! This was incredible sad to read. You really captured how Leia and Han probably felt when the twins were taken so that they could be protected. After all it's bad enough, they aren't with their children when they're most needed. The worst part is that they're missing out and in their place a total stranger (albeit Winter is not a stranger) is raising their children and not themselves. No parent should have to go through that for it's not right.

Enjoyed reading it a lot.
Araminta18 chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
I just wanted to say I absolutely loved this. The pain and anguish that they both feel comes through so clearly, and rings so true, especially in contrast to the happy opening sequence. You have a great talent. And I share your dislike for this whole "thing" in the EU.
nogigglingmajor chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Really makes me want to kill luke. What right did he have anyway? *sniff*
Lady Elora chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
How utterly and completely depressing... though the image of Han in tears was disturbing enough, I wanted to go out and die I was so sad for Leia. I love babies... can't wait for my own stage in life when I'll be ready to get married and have my own. But when I think about Leia... *sigh*... very sad. But beautifully written medear. Good job. :)

-Allora
Kaylle chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
This is beautiful. Tragic, but beautiful, and completely accurate. This is what it would be like for them, letting someone else raise their children. You didn't try to soften it or find some silver lining; it's a sad situation and you treated it as such. Very well done. :)
HopelessRomantic225 chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
aww, this is so sadd! ahh almost made me cry! i loved it! (&& im a big fan of your writing!)
MJLS chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
cute, very very cute I don't read the books from after the movies, just because I can't get them...But I know well enough of the AU to know about everything

keep up the good work
Riley 35 chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
I loved it. It was sad, but good, and well written.
Solosorca chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
aww poor Han and Leia, I always thought it was stupid of Luke to send the children off somewhere else.