Reviews for Waiting
SpangleyPony chapter 2 . 12/6/2008
I don't think anybody has done this before, It was an interesting read.
Cuando La Luna Se Fue chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
Polly is one of my favorite characters-it's so creative of you to make up what happened when she wasn't around!
Andi Horton chapter 2 . 6/16/2007
This was quite good. I've always loved Polly's character, she's got her flaws but she's so stout-hearted, I think you've captured her very well. I especially loved the touch about how she wouldn't lie but knew she couldn't tell the whole truth- it really set her up for trouble, poor thing! The resolution is quite plausible too, and leads right back into the events of the book- wonderful!
ChabeMica chapter 2 . 3/4/2007
I liked it! Please I want more! You really know how to make Narnia FF...I wouldn't...bye!
Panda Rosa chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
Thoughtful, if a basic expanding on Lewis' descriptions. Certainly Polly would be concerned for her friend, and certainly the clock would drag.
Almyra chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
Oh! There's MORE! Hurrah! *grin*

Oh, my stars. Did you ever capture that horrid feeling that the clock is going _backwards_ instead of forwards - the crawling, waiting, waiting, bored out of your skull - oh, you got it perfectly. I kept wanting to rush ahead, feeling as tortured as Polly. You really have her spot on here, in all her wonderings and waitings and being irritated with Digory.

Loved the bit at the beginning with her dinner having all the 'nice parts cut out' - so Lewis in flavor.

Oh, this was such a nice treat! Thank you!
EstellaB chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
For a moment, before she reached Digory’s side, she almost wished she’d stayed in her room.

That last line seems perfectly in character. I always felt that Polly, whilst delightful, was the least bold of Lewis' female characters, probably due that having lived before Women's Lib, etc.

I also like the narrative, interspersed with Polly's thoughts. Not the way Lewis wrote, maybe, but it is a brilliant showcase of her character and feelings, a good insight into that moment. (I'm rambling again... forgive me;) )

Hannah x
fledge chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
Again, no need to worry about living up to expectastions. A fine character portrait of Polly, well done with the description of her attitude towards Diggory (and boys in general). Mrs Plummer is rather a liberal mother for the time (around 1900), Polly is really lucky to have one like her.

I just realised I made a stupid mistake in my last review - of course, Narnia is only created AFTER the witch's episode in London. So it means that Polly is an even BETTER (morally) little girl...
lickitysplit chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
I really liked this a lot. I think it could flow better if the paragraphs were restructured, but other than that, very well done. I loved how at the end she was wondering what Digory was up to. It made me giggle.
Star Fata chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
I liked it.
fledge chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
A beautiful charcter piece - of course she can't even think of lying after having met Aslan and wtched the creation of Narnia. Is that cab she hears THE cab with Jadis? If so, it most certainly will not "trot".

If you are really working through all of CSL's female characters, it's time to tackle Jadis now, don't you think?
ChabeMica chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Hi!

Once again, your story has left me speechless...is just amusing!

I really liked the theme and how did you write it...keep it up! And continue writing, I love your one-shots.
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Nice story. Very accurate(sp?) to the book and a good look at Polly's character which is one of my favourites. If I remember correctly her parents said that if anything like this happened again she couldn't play with Digory which sort of makes sense since they think that they went galavanting in london and jumped in puddles though she probably wouldn't be any happier with what really happened.

Actually it says at the end of MN that Polly went to stay with Digory during the summers not LB.
EstellaB chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
Oh, poor Polly... You do write CSL's characters ever so well. All of them. (Please write more JillxEustace soon? Pretty please?) I love the last line! Actually, I love the whole thing... But the last line in particular. I have always felt sorry for Polly during that bit in the book.

Good story!

God bless,

Estella x
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
Oh, this was a wonderful gap-filler! You wrote Polly so well, her not wanting to lie yet knowing she couldn't tell about everything.

I’ve only been forced into another world by Digory’s horrid uncle, I’ve only been harassed into entering Charn, I’ve only been laughed at by Digory- who struck the bell and the hammer like a silly idiot- I’ve only been scorned, been abused by the horrid Witch- I’ve only seen the end of a world, I’ve only had to endure hours of hell!

Poor Polly.

And it was nice to see Mr. and Mrs. Plummer in this story.

I really liked your descriptions and the dialogue.

*clasp* Job well done!