Reviews for The man in the iron mask
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
THE FEELS
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
sad
Steve Freeling chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Great Story. Could you do more. I love this story so much.
Blossomangel85 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I have to say, this is the best ever Robocop story i have ever read, i keep coming back to this story, it would be good to see it taken a bit further and for Murph to relieve other memories. This is what i loved about the movie, it showed heart in places and so does this story, Sometimes a story that has heart is better then an action story and I'd love if you would ever consider writing something else similar or even continuing chapters to this alreay wonderful story. I love how it interweaves between the present and his memory, thats really how they showed it in the movies and you have done it beautifully here, it really feels like i am being taken out of the present and into watching what is happening as i read it and thats what a good storyteller does best.
ThisWriterNoLongerActive chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Good but too short.
Cy-Fox Unit chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
This story is one of the best stories about RoboCop I've ever seen. A temper to Alex James Murphy no one ever saw. Spilled coffee and all. Two thumbs up and two tails waving.
DragonPeaceEnvoy chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
This fiction touched me somewhere; I cried. That is a good sign.
Also, you did a good job at blending the memories of Alex Murphy in and out with the present of about a decade later.
In 1987, *three* particular SF/Fantasy fandoms were established: Paramount's "StarTrek: The Next Generation"; Republic Pictures' "Beauty and the Beast" (The Vincent and Catherine Saga); and "RoboCop", with Peter Weller. In 1987, I loved all three sagas, and wished that more stories of each would be made.
I wish you luck in writing more "RoboCop" fanfiction, anime, "Gargoyles", and the like. (_) You did a good job!
Sincerely, Loretta AKA C-P-E
Demona's Pet chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind praise! And I will do more, I promise. I just wanted to clear up one thing I've noticed people think I got "wrong": the seamless interweaving of memory and the present, and how confusing this is.

This wasn't a mistake! I *know* how confusing this is-I wanted to capture in part what it was like for Murphy, having the memories come back without his control, even against his will, when events make them surface, as occurred in the first movie. It makes it that much more poigneint.

Thanks again guys. I'm working on a much larger Robocop series that'll appear eventually.

-Impfac aka Demona's Pet
Ranchanthananalas chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
You don't know how good it feels to know there are other Robocop fans out there. I was basically raised on it, considering my own father was a police officer, and it is one of my favorite childhood movies.

But onto the review. The story had only one flaw that I saw and that was distinguishing where memories ended and present-day began. Other than that, the emotion of the story was perfect and really gave insight into the tormented mind of Alex J. Murphy, who is stuck in Robocop's metal body. The twist at the end with him finally getting to see his son, now grown, was great too.

At least he has that much to look to when he thinks of his past. In Jimmy lies his human legacy, perhaps the only way people will remember Alex Murphy for who he was and not for the one called "Robocop" that he became.
Black Gargie chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
Is there going to be more of this? I've watched Prime Directives and it was the best mini-series I've ever watched throughout the movies and TV series of Robocop. Keep it up! I love it!
Blanks chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
Beautifully written. Gotta love ROBO!
Cheron Meamaya chapter 1 . 2/8/2002
Rockin' Your narrative kicks, your vivid use of emotion does a perfect mental picture do more :is like a kid in a candy store hah:
RobotwtsuwanBat chapter 1 . 7/7/2001
Cool. Do more.
Robocop Fanatic chapter 1 . 6/30/2001
A little hard to distinguish when and where in some parts...but not too bad