Reviews for Impossible Creatures: The Story of Rex Chance
Morgaur chapter 32 . 12/8/2013
Wow. I absolutely LOVED this game...never did finish it, though. Computer problems halted me before I'd got past the lab factory mission, though I'll admit I spent far more time on the random map mode.
Your fic is brilliant. I hadn't much hopes of finding even one when I searched for Impossible Creatures fanfic, let alone one this good. Your inclusion of Wolf helped make the story more real and less a simple typescript of the story/cutscenes. I'm impressed.
I also like how you streamlined the whole Level process, the whole upgrading thing. I wouldn't have been able to figure out a way to get past that, but you did. Well done.
Overall, this was a brilliant fic, and I commend you greatly for it.
Great job!
Morgaur
Megz21 chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I am just in AW of this story! I never thought anyone would write a story based off this ... fantastic existence of a game xD

you did just an insanely awesome! Job on this story GREAT JOB!
KoutaDragara chapter 32 . 12/20/2010
OK, this story is simply amazing. I loved it. You really captured the game's story well. I must say that I really wish in the actual game, there could've been a creature like Wolf, and that Rex and/or Lucy could ride creatures (It would definitely make things faster, especially for Lucy, who is one of the slowest characters I have ever seen; but I won't hold that against her ;)).

Anyway, I've also read your Wolf-centric sequel and really liked it as well. It was very cute. Now maybe it's time for a Lucy and Rex-centric sequel? *Hinthint* A prequel might be fun to read as well.

Even if you choose not to write another IC story, I really enjoyed this one, and it's always fun to come back and read every now and then. 3
Weaver Chance chapter 32 . 10/14/2010
Hey this story was really good!

Just wondering how close you stayed to the game's storyline cuz' I've only ever been able to get my hands on the demo which ends when Rex says "Take me to Whitey Hooten." which is really annoying.
thomas chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
I loved it i mean it was just Excellent it was really well done and it really tells the story of the only way i can say it is...IT WAS AWESOME!
Starlesswolf chapter 32 . 9/16/2009
I really liked this fic

such a good game too bad there isn't an impossible creatures 2
WildstarofLightclan chapter 32 . 7/30/2009
WOW...Great story!

I've never heard of this game before, but while reading this story I wanted this game(still do)!

I'll be watching for the sequel!
Mezathin chapter 32 . 6/15/2009
I loved it.

There is no other way to describe it. I felt you did a good job capturing the moments, but there were times when it seemed a bit... forced.

I'm too tired at the moment, but let me just state that whatever minor flaws this story might have, it pales in comparison to the finished product; a truly awesome story ;)

I do hope you'll write one or more sequels, because this story really sparked my interest in Impossible Creatures again, so much that I dusted off my old copy and started playing.

Well, I can't think of anything more to say at the moment, so... good show, lad (or lass)!
Changer the Elder chapter 32 . 5/16/2009
There isn't enought words to describe how eternally grateful I am to you for completing this story, yet alone, for someone as myself. It is a gift I do not feel fit to deserve, even less to repay in the similar manner.

It was you and your marvellous story which got me through last three weeks and especially today.

It was really an amazing adventure through and through - it's one of the very few long text materials that got over my aversion/inability to read from computer screen, making me remember how I felt when I read adventure books as a kid, even in spite of the fact that thanks to the game I already knew what is about to happen.

For that experience, you have my deep gratitude. I certainly hope you won't let me in the suspense with the sequel, at least not for very long. I'm thriving to see what comes next. :)

Yours

C.
Starlesswolf chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
I love this game. It's cool to see it written in story mode. I hope you update soon!
Generic Character chapter 6 . 1/19/2008
Yay, you udpated!
Talos the Saiyan chapter 6 . 10/20/2007
Good story, please continue.
blackrogue123 chapter 6 . 9/26/2007
Whooho! I thought this story was dead. Anyway I really do look foward to the next update.
Lord of War 14 chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
You finally updated great!
Lord of War 14 chapter 5 . 7/23/2007
First off awesom story! Please continue with it!

As to address Arc-En-Ciel Vachat Darky'n'Co's question: Impossible Creatures is a(n) RTS where you create your own units by combining the DNA of two animals whose DNA you collect.