Reviews for Among the stars
Sonomi-chan chapter 7 . 10/24/2011
This is amazing. No other words can possibly describe this. TThis will go down in history as my favorite T/R story EVER! Loved every second of it. Thanks for writing it!
magtreefrog chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
It was pretty good. Like with your other story, I enjoyed the last chapter or two a lot more than the rest for the most part. The earlier restaurant scene was pretty funny though.
Jetfire chapter 7 . 8/25/2010
This is one of my favorite Tenchi stories. Everyone was in character, you perfectly crafted space romps that Ryoko's pirating ways always dragged Tenchi into trouble, and you did not spend the ENTIRE story on just Ryoko chipping at Tenchi's heart.

But when the chipping did start, it was beautifully done. My favorite part had to be the lonely dancing.

I thank you for not telling us what song was playing as it allowed us to put our own. I advise everyone to listen to Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" while they are dancing-it fits the scene perfectly.

Furthermore, you came up with a believable reason for Ayeka to concede to Ryoko.

But despite this, your story has a near fatal flaw.

After Tenchi returned Ryoko's affection, they became sexually intimate way to fast. He gave in way to easily and quickly.

This hurts the story for two reasons:

1. You established that Ayeka was willing to concede because she realized after talking to Washu that Ryoko was not a lust driven hussy trying to bed tenchi to satisfy her sexual hunger. She admitted that Ryoko truly loved Tenchi and that this was not a black and white war between Ayeka's love and Ryoko's lust. It was this revelation that helped Ayeka endure the concession of Tenchi.

By having both Ryoko and Tenchi give into what in your own words describe as "lust" you all but ruined that revelation. Furthermore it really cheapened the intimacy scene, which thankfully is not detailed (it's more rich when it is vague).

2. More importantly the haste to sexual intimacy violates the first definition of love:

Love is patient: Although Ryoko has waited for a while for Tenchi to admit his feelings, true love is willing to wait for post marriage before engaging in sexual intimacy. Sex was created to be the ultimate display of love between a husband and a wife. It is the definite way of two people saying that they share no this part of their body with no one else except their partner. Having sex without displaying enough patience to wait for marriage cheapens the act all together and makes it disgusting by comparison.

Aside from this flaw, this is one of my top two Tenchi stories.
a-big-apple chapter 7 . 1/19/2009
Lovely! Once again, your handling of the characters was believable and very entertaining. Awesome.
Ryoko-SP chapter 7 . 9/23/2007
I just love it!
RedCynic chapter 7 . 11/28/2006
Beautiful... simply beautiful...
Maverick1401 chapter 7 . 12/15/2004
nice that was an awesome tale my friend
Raina chapter 7 . 2/3/2004
That was so sweet, the whole thing. I always wondered if anyone would pick up on that scene with Tenchi and Ryoko before he goes to defeat Kagato to write a fanfic about it. Just made my day. :)
Kabal chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it. I demand you to keep writing! _
Passing Stanger chapter 7 . 7/12/2003
I loved your story. I'm a big fan of Tenchi/Ryoko paring and you brought them together beautifully. Keep writing.
Hottie-Babe chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
That was great now i'm going to continue reading it. heh
Piper chapter 7 . 2/27/2003
*Claps* Wha! It was beautiful! *Cries* Loved it! Write more stories.
JaG chapter 7 . 8/30/2002
that was a great story. i really liked how you made the scene where tenchi finally let out his feelings for ryoko. i dont always like the universe style stories cause i'm and OAV fan but it was really good. anyway, cant wait to read some more of your stories and keep up the awsome writing skillz. untill then...
Arkon chapter 7 . 7/20/2002
That was great, I really injoyed that. All it needs is some extended more detailed battle sequences,more romance, a few more worlds to visit, and some Lemon scenes and it would be nearly perfect.

Oh, and Ditch the stupid frozen dinners, Ryo-Ohki should have replicators or something like that. I also hated the part where Ryo-ohki "died". That was pointless. Overall a good story tho.
tpgddss chapter 7 . 6/12/2002
I actually finished reading this story last night and a bad server connection prevented me from reviewing it then, but it deserved one so much, I had to come back. I love this story, I just love it when the girl with the darkest past and the kindest heart gets the guy. I wish more fanfics were like this one, tasteful, original, engaging and a real joy to read. I hope more TM fans stumble on this jewel of a fic in the future.

Ja ne.