Reviews for Umbridge the Muggle Principal
Just Call Me Ria chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
I'm not entirely sure if you're still checking reviews for this... But, I'll review ANYWAY. I LOVE this story, it was really good. I like the way she bans the horse mascot because of the centaur thing, and I'm really sorry that it's over now. But, I did notice ONE TINY spelling mistake... You misspelled 'consideration' at some point. :)

So... Yeah. By the way, I agree with pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 'annoying things' on your list for how not to answer to a review. And I've HAD answers like that. Ugh.
Wildstar93 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Umbridge: "It was an accident related to a horse print in my back. Need I say more?"

Me: Don't let the centaurs hear you. LOL

Keep up the good work!
Writing bunny chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I like Umbridge's entrance.
WizardWay chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
This is a great fic, and really funny, too! I'd probably drop out if my school banned the Harry Potter books (or any other books for that matter). I'm going to make it a priority of mine to read all the books on that list you mentioned, also. Update soon!

~WW
Warrior Priestess chapter 2 . 2/12/2009
The banning of book is the banning of knowledge. Thusly creating stupid, pathetic little sheep; just what the government and authority wants. My school understands this to a point. I think weeven have a copy of Hitler's book. (my spelling sucks in English so I'm not even gonna bother with German)
Jeg elsker deg chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
This is gonna be awesome. I mean who doesn't know that Umbridge hates muggles, so her being in a muggle school as a principal would be interesting and fundamentaly stimulating.
BookwormKali chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
nice
Unanimous chapter 2 . 12/6/2007
I think this is a very clever idea for a story, and, if continued, could turn out to be seriously great. I like the idea of Umbridge banning books in schools because that's just the sort of thing she would do. (I also think censorship and book banning is completely wrong and stupid.) As for evil things to make students' lives worse, I honestly can't think of anything. In the fifth book, the way she used the blood-pen was especially gruesome, but I don't see how a thing like that could be incorporated into a Muggle school. Anything evil, really, would make Umbridge's character really come alive at this point.
liree the liar chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
I noticed that the story has been "dead" for some time but as I really like the idea of Umbridge beeing a headmistress again I will review and hope for the best. Umbridge in highschool will shurly be amusing.

However, there are some things you should work on:

There are no such things as "Moggle Highschools" and a principal is not a principle.

In your first few paragraphes you are also rushing things. For the readers it would be interesting if you would describe the scenes more. For example if you would write a paragraph about some parents complainig to the viceprincipal. It would explain why they are all so outraged by pupils not wearing uniforms and why they think the pricipal is the reason for that. Because really, firing a headmistress just because there are some students who did not wear uniforms? Very unlikly there needs to be some other reasons to make that beliveable. You also could describe the school a bit more - where is it? Is it a large school? ... Also were is the interview? What does Umbridge wear - is she still a pink toad? And so on.

Then there is Umbridge's job interview. Any interviewer would ask if she quit her last school willingly or if she was fired. And why she wants to be principal in this highschool. He would also check her background more closly and ask for verification of all she said. Plus your interviewer never asks questions. He just makes statements because there are no questionmarks.

"β€œIt was an accident related to a horse print in my back. Need I say more?” β€œI see. Well, the hospital does say that your (shouldn't that be you're?) cured. What exactly is it that you were in for.”" -Is that interviewer completly stupid?

I likes the second chapter but it was still very short and undescriptive. And Umbridge reactts kinda strange when the bokk "Harry Potter" is mentioned. She should be more shocked that there is a book about Harry Potter. And even if she already knew that, why hasn't she banished those books even faster? After all there is a high chance that she may be recognized and as she is on the run from the minitry (she has to be otherwise she would NEVER get a muggle job)that would be really, really bad - not to mention that the secret wizarding world wouldn't be a secret any longer.

I hope that helps you somewhat and you decide to update this story again.

liree
Minerva McGonagall Rox chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
This is good, congrats on making my favorite stories list! Do you think Umbridge would be the sort who makes up stupid acronyms like FITT(Frequency Intensity Time and Type of excercise) for gym? My school has that problem. By the way, you spelled Umbridge "Uxbridge" in the third line from the bottom of the fic, not counting the A/N. Just so you know. Have a nice day!

~Minerva McGonagall Rox
The Girl Around The Corner chapter 2 . 7/18/2007
Please do continue.

Silent luches might work...
GryffinPhoenix3 chapter 2 . 5/6/2007
That was amusing. I think that she would be a very good principal to a muggle school...as long as its not my school. LOL.
Draco's Daughter chapter 2 . 3/16/2007
Heh, reminds me of a scene in the upcomming play we're doing. Hey, don't let "Flames Rising" or whatever his username is get you down. Give it more length though, it'd help. I also think you should show both sides. Sort a "freedom fighter" thing where some students ban together and plot to remove Umbridge from office.

I would willing submit myself to thus cause! Tally ho!
KrisB.723 chapter 2 . 3/9/2007
Okay I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but there's two types of principle.

1. Pricipal-the headmaster or mistress of a school

2. Principle-proving a point

Just thought you wanted to know.